Trails in SE London

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I live in Lewisham in SE London I recently brought a MTB and would like to ride some trails. Does
    anyone know of Trails in SE London?

    Tags:

  2. Jim Price

    Jim Price Guest

    david wrote:
    > I live in Lewisham in SE London I recently brought a MTB and would like to ride some trails. Does
    > anyone know of Trails in SE London?

    <joke> There's the roads, but only if you've got guts and full suspension! </joke>

    Sorry, used to live in Woolwich. Couldn't resist, but maybe its all changed now.

    Jim Price

  3. Steve Watkin

    Steve Watkin Guest

    Have a look at Big Foot bikes (on the web) in Bromley, they organise rides.

    "david" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I live in Lewisham in SE London I recently brought a MTB and would like to ride some trails. Does
    > anyone know of Trails in SE London?

  4. Frank

    Frank Guest

    "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Have a look at Big Foot bikes (on the web) in Bromley, they organise
    rides.

    Good to hear they do something useful.

    Today I see they have bargains such as an SRAM PC48 chain for a cheap £12.50 rather than the £4.75
    charged by GBCycles in Croydon, I know where I'd rather go and I live in Bromley.

  5. John Hearns

    John Hearns Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jun 2003 18:28:59 +0100, david wrote:

    > I live in Lewisham in SE London I recently brought a MTB and would like to ride some trails. Does
    > anyone know of Trails in SE London?

    Look no further than Lewisham Cyclists. http://www.lewishamcyclists.org/

    Come along to some of the rides - you will definitely get onto some off road trails.

    To start off with something gentle, try the Waterlink Way which you can access from across the road
    behind the shopping centre.

    Oxleas Woods is also nice, and there is a great cafe for a refuelling stop. Or look for parts of the
    Green Chain walk.

    IF you come to any of the Lewisham rides, I'll be pleased to meet you. I'm the bloke with the Orange
    P7 (just to confuse you it is coloured silver!)