Trails in Suffolk

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Cory Miller, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Cory Miller

    Cory Miller Guest

    I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would like to know if I can look
    forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on- and off-road) in the area...

    TIA.

    Cheers, Cory Miller USA

    Tags:

  2. Graham

    Graham Guest

    Goldeneye publish a series of laminated maps (2 miles to the inch) showing the cycle routes and
    points of interest. I have the one for Suffolk (where

    Try www.goldeneyemaps.com

    Graham

    "Cory Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would like to know if I can
    > look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on-
    and
    > off-road) in the area...
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Cheers, Cory Miller USA

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Cory,

    Cambridge is fanastic for cycling, I have just moved from there to Ireland. So I can give you my old
    cycling in East Anglia book. Drop me an email to [email protected]

    "Cory Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would like to know if I can
    > look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on-
    and
    > off-road) in the area...
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Cheers, Cory Miller USA

  4. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    "Cory Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would like to know if I can
    > look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on-
    and
    > off-road) in the area...

    Thetford forest has trails, I believe, and is close to Mildenhall should that be your
    intended location.

    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=580604&y=288548&z=5&sv=580604,288548
    &st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

    Not a million miles away are: http://www.rutlandcycling.co.uk/whitwell.htm based at Rutland Water.
    With a sister operation at Graffam Water:
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=525000&y=265000&z=5&sv=525000,265000 &st=4&ar=N

    Rutland Water is very touristy and so busy at this time of year but is great for family type riding.
    Off season it can be very quiet and remains ridable when many true off-road trails are too muddy and
    provides a good 23 mile blast without upsetting other people. The roads around Rutland are generally
    quiet anyway, speaking from first hand experience (was out that way on Sunday in fact).

    Never ridden the Graffam trail but it's very near to Cambridge.

    Pete

  5. Terry

    Terry Guest

    > I'm going to be living in the Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area soon and would like to know if I can
    > look forward to some good cycling areas/paths (on- and off-road) in the area...

    Lots of off road trails in Thetford forest and lovely country lanes throughout east anglia.see
    sustrans website and national byway.

    terryJ