Trails, Trails, Trails

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Rob Rudeski, Feb 5, 2003.

  1. Rob Rudeski

    Rob Rudeski Guest

    Hey All,

    I thought you all might find this tidbit interesting.

    TRAIN WHERE THE TRACKS ONCE RAN Rail-trails are great places to go bicycling ... as long as you
    don't mind having no hills or automobile traffic to contend with. The Rails-to-Trails Conservancy's
    Trail Link service can help you track down rail-trails near you - or far from you, for that matter,
    in case you're intrigued by the thought of traveling to other parts of the country to do the
    rail-trail thing. Simply click on the link below and enter the state or region in which you'd like
    to ride. http://www.traillink.com

    Rob

    Tags:

  2. David Luecke

    David Luecke Guest

    Rails to Trails is a great idea, considering those rails aren't in use (though honestly I lament the
    proliferation of semis where I think trains would be much better). However, with the right bike, you
    can use them before they're converted too, as you can see on my Vivo here.....

    http://community.webshots.com/photo/62810404/62819430nzAXSX

    --
    David Luecke Ridin' a RANS Vivo (wahoo!) Merritt Island, Florida USA

  3. Gary Mc

    Gary Mc Guest

    "David Luecke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Rails to Trails is a great idea, considering those rails aren't in use (though honestly I lament
    > the proliferation of semis where I think trains would be much better). However, with the right
    > bike, you can use them before they're converted too, as you can see on my Vivo here.....
    >
    > http://community.webshots.com/photo/62810404/62819430nzAXSX

    I am a Rails to Trails member and they seem like a great idea. But, I have found that the local one
    in Utah is often too rutted (horse tracks) to ride w/o suspension like your Vivo. I tried with both
    a Rans Stratus equiped with fat tires and my Greenspeed GTO.

    I use to ride the W0&D trail for commuting in the Washington, DC area. It was 17 miles of pure
    pleasure at those low traffic times of the day. It was also the only way that I could have safely
    biked to work from where I lived.

    Gary McCarty Salt Lake City