trainer- magnetic Vs Fluid

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by M. Atta, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm ups & intervals for my boys
    who do track.....

    Regards

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "M. Atta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm
    ups &
    > intervals for my boys who do track.....

    In _my_ experience, magnetic is easier to come by and cheaper. For interval work and warm ups I
    think the mag trainer might be a little more compact/easier to carry? The actual resistance
    shouldn't matter, at least for the warmup...

    Better to read some of these posts and decide: http://www.bikeline.com/feature/trainer/ http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread/t-
    83304.html http://www.triathloncoach.com/faq.html#mag_trainer

    hth hippy

  3. M. Atta

    M. Atta Guest

    Thanks very much
    :)

    "hippy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    server.bigpond.net.au...
    > "M. Atta" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm
    > ups &
    > > intervals for my boys who do track.....
    >
    > In _my_ experience, magnetic is easier to come by and cheaper. For interval work and warm ups I
    > think the mag trainer might be a little more compact/easier to carry? The actual resistance
    > shouldn't matter, at least for the warmup...
    >
    > Better to read some of these posts and decide: http://www.bikeline.com/feature/trainer/ http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread/t-
    > 83304.html http://www.triathloncoach.com/faq.html#mag_trainer
    >
    > hth hippy

  4. K&C Russell

    K&C Russell Guest

    "M. Atta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Which is the better trainer as i am looking at puchasing one for warm ups
    &
    > intervals for my boys who do track.....
    >
    > Regards

    Vote 1: Fluid for a slip free ride.