Trainer programs

Bill Wright

Guest
I am looking for a fluid trainer program. It's -15 C outside and my outdoor riding is finished till
spring. I want to work towards a 600km 3 day ride next summer. Any help with a program or
recommendations of a good book would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Wright Quebec Canada

Try Arne Baker's "Smart Cycling" which has some good indoor training workouts and a lot of other
good advice. Although the book is oriented to racers and I am a recreational rider, I found it
very helpful.

I also recently bought The Heart rate Monitor Workbook for Indoor Cyclists by Sally Edwards and
Sally Reed., which is essentially an entire book of indoor cycling workouts, which isn't bad. The
Sallys are very focused on heart rate levels and monitoring and improving performance by working out
with a heart rate monitor, which is useful. However, I prefer Baker's book because it gives more
emphasis on developing various aspects of your riding ability--spinning; strength/climbing; time
trialing, etc.

news:[email protected]...