Trainer programs

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Bill Wright, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Bill Wright

    Bill Wright Guest

    I am looking for a fluid trainer program. It's -15 C outside and my outdoor riding is finished till
    spring. I want to work towards a 600km 3 day ride next summer. Any help with a program or
    recommendations of a good book would be greatly appreciated.

    Bill Wright Quebec Canada

    Tags:

  2. J Morelstein

    J Morelstein Guest

    Try Arne Baker's "Smart Cycling" which has some good indoor training workouts and a lot of other
    good advice. Although the book is oriented to racers and I am a recreational rider, I found it
    very helpful.

    I also recently bought The Heart rate Monitor Workbook for Indoor Cyclists by Sally Edwards and
    Sally Reed., which is essentially an entire book of indoor cycling workouts, which isn't bad. The
    Sallys are very focused on heart rate levels and monitoring and improving performance by working out
    with a heart rate monitor, which is useful. However, I prefer Baker's book because it gives more
    emphasis on developing various aspects of your riding ability--spinning; strength/climbing; time
    trialing, etc.

    news:[email protected]...