Trainer Question

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Buck, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Buck

    Buck Guest

    I know that the more you pay the better equipment you will get, and I know that fluid is better than
    mag, etc, etc, but..... What is the most bang for the buck I can get for $75 tops (no rollers)? -TIA

    Tags:

  2. Rivermist

    Rivermist Guest

    I have heard that fluid can leak, so I wouldn't assume it is better. I have a mag trainer and am
    quite satisfied.

    "buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know that the more you pay the better equipment you will get, and I know that fluid is better
    > than mag, etc, etc, but..... What is the most bang
    for
    > the buck I can get for $75 tops (no rollers)? -TIA

  3. David Kerber

    David Kerber Guest

    > I know that the more you pay the better equipment you will get, and I know that fluid is better
    > than mag, etc, etc, but..... What is the most bang for the buck I can get for $75 tops (no
    > rollers)?

    For that, you're probably going to have to go to a used one. For $89 on sale, my wife got me a
    Graeber mag trainer at Dicks for Christmas. I don't know if they still have it, though.

  4. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "buck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know that the more you pay the better equipment you will get, and I know that fluid is better
    > than mag, etc, etc, but..... What is the most bang for the buck I can get for $75 tops (no
    > rollers)?

    Mag trainer. Nashbar has a house-brand on sale now for around that price. Word is that it is a
    rebranded Minoura.