trainers--magnetic vs fluid vs fan

Bill B

Guest
Will be getting a trainer soon so my significant non rider other can get some exercise. I Need input
from arbr readers concerning Fluid trainers, magnetic trainers or the cheaper fan trainers for 20"
wheel. I am aware of the roller extension[adapter]for 20" wheels that is used with the Cyclopse sp??
Any other trainers that will work with a 20" wheel??

I have recently picked up a Cycle-Ops Fluid2 trainer and I like it. The resistance is uniform and
progressive and its very quiet - just the little whir and the noise my drivetrain makes. I
recommend it...

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Will be getting a trainer soon so my significant non rider other can get some exercise. I Need[/q1]
[q1]> input from arbr readers concerning Fluid trainers, magnetic trainers or the cheaper fan trainers[/q1]
[q1]> for 20" wheel. I am aware of the roller extension[adapter]for 20" wheels that is used with the[/q1]
[q1]> Cyclopse sp?? Any other trainers that will work with a 20" wheel??[/q1]

Hi Bill,

Kurt Kinetic trainer will handle the 20" wheel. It's fluid and I use one with my
V2. It is what I would term a "professional trainer." Go to MTBR.com for my review and others. It
would probably be overkill if it is just to be used for a non rider. One of the cheaper models
would work. Fluid is quiet if they don't leak. This is the second season I've had mine. Have
about 1800 miles on it with no problems. Highly recommended. Regards, Greg

ws:<[email protected]>...