Trainers

Hi Benno7,

Fluid all the way for me. I have the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine (lime green). A little more expensive, but well worth the investment. Solid, easy, warranty, and has the closest resistance feel to a road.

-Greg

I have the Cycleops Fluid 2 and it works great and it has a lifetime warranty, though in 8 years of using it I haven't needed to use the warranty. It will go from 20 to 720 watts that is plenty of workout wattage unless your a Pro.

Both the Cycleops Fluid and the Kurt Kinetic Fluid could spring a leak and fling oil everywhere...I have yet to see that happen but I have heard of it happening. Thus 1upUSA CPR A2000 uses no fluid and has gotten far better reviews then either the Cycleops Fluid or the Kurt Kinetic and cost about the same. It will go from 4 watts to over 3,000 watts if you need that kind of workout.

If I were to buy another trainer it would be the 1upUSA, but alas I have one so I don't need another.

By the way, you don't really need any special tires, I just use my old tires that I no longer trust for the road, but clean the old tires well or any debris will mar the wheel drum the tire rides on.

Another fan of the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. Have been using it since last fall and have been very pleased with the performance, and it is rock solid from a stability stand-point. Would love to try the Rock 'n Roll for a more realistic feel, and the ability to get out of the saddle, but it is damn expensive.

Lemond Revolution is the best trainer I have ever used. Feels like riding on the road.