Training Advice

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Benjamin Weiner, May 15, 2003.

  1. From Jacob Fetty's training tips at

    http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3678

    Most of these are about being sure to get enough sleep (which is good advice and something I never
    do) but there is one in particular we should all listen to.

    "Avoid alcohol in the last few hours prior to bed. Alcohol interrupts sleep rhythms. Narrow your
    focus by reading a book before turning out the lights Sleep in a cool, dark place Some night time
    teas can help Avoid certain snakes with caffeine or sugar right before going to bed."

    I am definitely going to pay more attention to the last one in the future. I wonder if it was
    directed more at mountain bikers, though.

    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    Benjamin Weiner wrote:
    > From Jacob Fetty's training tips at
    >
    > http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=3678 ... Avoid certain snakes with caffeine or
    > sugar right before going to bed."
    >
    > I am definitely going to pay more attention to the last one in the future. I wonder if it was
    > directed more at mountain bikers, though.
    >
    > Ben

    Timber rattler with 1/2 cup sugar per pound of snake makes a super jerky.

    Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "Let me tell you what else I'm worried about. I'm
    worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our
    view of the military is for the military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and therefore,
    prevent war from happening in the first place." George Bush, Nov. 6, 2000

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    That is just insane. Snakes are for breakfast or lunch only.