have been off my bike for a week
not that i am giving up but my firm forced me to go to a "self-discovery" class
which is really a brain washing class
the class was lengthly and boring
i was physically and mentally exhausted
but there are rewards
i know some friends and bump into a girl i like
i will be riding again soon!
WARNING: Pretty girls are not always conducive to more time on the bike! ;)

Have fun.

Haven't been riding for too long
forgot my rhythm
so couldn't finish 40KM tonight
but it will get better.

On the other hand,
there is a long slope near my home
i couldnt never ride to the top
but today i did
so i will start climbing exercise too.

Hi. Showing us your heart rate graph would be of more use than the speed one especially if that's from an indoor ride.

When I do indoor rides I completely ignore the speed as it's not very relavent. Of more use is heart rate and cadence. I also ride by time and always watch a Sufferfest video that gives me cadence and effort.

I did 100km today in a race averaging 32.6 km/h Time 3:03:20. 28 minutes better than the same race last year. I'm in much better shape / doing more training than 12 months ago. So give it time, you'll improve.

Im new to this all trying to get info for my son, How does the garmin chart work is it somehow attached to a stationary trainer an where is this equipment available Thanks

Originally Posted by 4myson

Im new to this all trying to get info for my son, How does the garmin chart work is it somehow attached to a stationary trainer an where is this equipment available
Thanks
The Garmin 500 unit I use is attached to my bicycle. It comes with a cadence sensor (to measure how many pedal revolutions are made each minute, attached to the crankarm), and a spoke magnet (that measures the number of revolutions the wheel makes, used to calculate speed). The unit attached to the bicycles chainstay picks up those signals and sends to the unit head, usually mounted on the stem or handlebars. If the included chest strap is used heart rate can be sent to the head unit for display as well,

The head unit can also pick up signals from any ANT+ compatible powermeter (available separately).
After the ride, the info can be downloaded onto a PC via a cable and is displayed on available software (Garmin Training Center).

Wow thats a neat piece of equipment, i had no idea this sort of thing was available for bikes lol i feel like im in the stone age i thought gps was about as good as it gets but im learning at a rapid pace. Id imagine that set up would be worth a bit but for the rider in training looking to better him or herself well worth the investment, thanks for explaining that i think down the line i might have to look into something like this for triss, true accurate way to better ur time stamina an goals, but for now just goto get his new ride finished for him. Again thanks heaps man to have it explained with the attached pics is much appreciated

You can do without a powermeter if you just have a Garmin, speed/cadence sensor, Ant+ stick, laptop and a turbo trainer with a known power/speed curve. Something like TrainerRoad or SportTracks with the Live Recording and Power Track plugins will give you a good estimate of power for steady efforts and something like Strava is a cheap option for analysis.

Originally Posted by 4myson

Wow thats a neat piece of equipment, i had no idea this sort of thing was available for bikes lol i feel like im in the stone age i thought gps was about as good as it gets but im learning at a rapid pace. Id imagine that set up would be worth a bit but for the rider in training looking to better him or herself well worth the investment, thanks for explaining that i think down the line i might have to look into something like this for triss, true accurate way to better ur time stamina an goals, but for now just goto get his new ride finished for him. Again thanks heaps man to have it explained with the attached pics is much appreciated
My pleasure. Best to get the bike sorted out before the fancy gadgets... I know some "modern" racers who become hobbled quickly when their electronics go on the fritz ;P

So true dan, the last thing i want to do just now is find either triss or myself swamped by the gadgets his bike is starting to come together an look like a bike again now the frame has been recleared, ill post another pic on the need help with a story page for all to see Thanks for ur time an help to all

Hi Guys,

I found this blog quite interesting and helpful when I first got my turbo trainer http://ukturbotrainers.com/blog/2014/01/20/turbo-trainers-share-your-favourite-turbo-training-routine/

The self improvement course disrupted my life so much
I finally get to buy the cadence magnet which i have lost and resume riding on trainer
heart beat raised a lot
got to work on it until i am back to my previous physical status
i really hate self-improvement course

27/01/2014

try to get used to 40KM distance again
zipp is on repair, had to use a racing 7 rims
so the speed is slow
but done 40KM anyway

have picked up a pair of rs80 c24 and rs80 c50 from my younger brother
the bearings seems to be working
but of coz is a million mile behind my zipp
so i am really looking forward to get my zipp repaired
on the other hand, maybe it is a good idea to rebuild the hubs of the c24 and use it for training instead of using the racing7

didnt warm up last night and stretched my left leg
alright i can wait until my zipp is back

Why do you think you are not going well with the Fulcrums? Aerodynamics shouldn't matter indoors, and the speed is constant so the weight of the wheel once moving shouldn't be a big issue. Are the bearings worn?