Training & Ciclosport cm436m, any thoughts

splatt77

Sep 20, 2004
Hi there,

I am looking to get more information from/for my rides by purchasing a cycle computer with cadence etc however would also like the ability to download the data to pc. I already have a Polar S610i for HR Information and would intend on reformating the cadence and speed/distance data output from my cycle computer to then combine with HR data and use the polar software. As far as i can see there are very few options available, infact the only one (apart from polar 710 etc) is the Ciclosport cm436m. This seems to be basically the HAC4 without HR. Does anyone have any experience or know any reviews of this unit as im seriously considering buying.

splatt77 said:
Hi there,

I am looking to get more information from/for my rides by purchasing a cycle computer with cadence etc however would also like the ability to download the data to pc. I already have a Polar S610i for HR Information and would intend on reformating the cadence and speed/distance data output from my cycle computer to then combine with HR data and use the polar software. As far as i can see there are very few options available, infact the only one (apart from polar 710 etc) is the Ciclosport cm436m. This seems to be basically the HAC4 without HR. Does anyone have any experience or know any reviews of this unit as im seriously considering buying.

I've used one since April '03, and had a lot of fun with it. I'm sort of the official chronicler of my cycling group, as I post the web pages the Cico software generates up on the web. Unfortunately, my CM436M just died this weekend of a stuck button, so I'm not so up on it as I was...

I love mine. My only ****le with it is that the cadence unit tends to "unplug" itself from the base. I'm sure there's a way to fix this, but I haven't found it at this point...had mine since Christmas.

Jon Packard said:
I love mine. My only ****le with it is that the cadence unit tends to "unplug" itself from the base. I'm sure there's a way to fix this, but I haven't found it at this point...had mine since Christmas.
I have the exact same problem with the cadence unit. I tried poking the contacts with a small screwdriver, best I could think of.