Training for a 10k

Brynda

Guest
Is anyone here a runner or was a runner or wants to become a runner? I am going to do a 10k on March
29th. I can walk or run, but I'd rather mostly run. Can I train in the next 3 months and be able to
do that? I don't want to win or anything, I just want to say that I did it and get the t-shirt :)
I've never run before in my life, but I do cardio workouts 4-6 days a week. I usually just walk, but
want to incorporate jogging/running. I've never been able to run before due to large breasts (had
the breast reduction in
2002), and now I think I'm at a weight where I won't be too jiggly.

Thanks for any info, advice or comments...

Brynda
2002/1/140ish

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C3D356.05D291C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Brynda, Here is a link to an eight-week training program =
http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm I believe that you can train to do a 10K by March
29. Since you have = some time you could repeat some of the weeks in the training program. Kristine
Quilici "Brynda" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... Is anyone here a runner or was a runner or wants to
become a runner? I = am going to do a 10k on March 29th. I can walk or run, but I'd rather = mostly
run. Can I train in the next 3 months and be able to do that? I don't = want to win or anything, I
just want to say that I did it and get the t-shirt =
:)
I've never run before in my life, but I do cardio workouts 4-6 days a = week. I usually just walk,
but want to incorporate jogging/running. I've = never been able to run before due to large breasts
(had the breast reduction = in
2002), and now I think I'm at a weight where I won't be too jiggly.

Thanks for any info, advice or comments...

Brynda
2002/1/140ish

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C3D356.05D291C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Brynda,</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here is a link to an eight-week = training program <A=20
href=3D"http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm">http://www.ha=
lhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I believe that you can train to do a = 10K by March=20
29. Since you have some time you could repeat some of the weeks in the = training=20
program.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kristine Quilici</FONT></DIV>
<>"Brynda" <<A=20 href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">bfowler3_nospam_none_=
@austin.rr.com</A>>=20 wrote in message <A=20
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:Hn5Kb.7562$4z.7352=
@fe2.texas.rr.com</A>...</DIV>Is=20 anyone here a runner or was a runner or wants to become a
runner? = I=20 am<BR>going to do a 10k on March 29th. I can walk or run, but I'd =
rather=20 mostly<BR>run. Can I train in the next 3 months and be able to do=20
that? I don't want<BR>to win or anything, I just want to say that = I did it=20 and get
the t-shirt :)<BR>I've never run before in my life, but I do = cardio=20 workouts 4-6 days a
week.<BR>I usually just walk, but want to = incorporate=20 jogging/running. I've
never<BR>been able to run before due to = large=20 breasts (had the breast reduction
in<BR>2002), and now I think I'm at a = weight=20 where I won't be too jiggly.<BR><BR>Thanks
for any info, advice or=20 comments...<BR><BR>Brynda<BR>210/177/140ish<BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01C3D356.05D291C0--

Good luck Brynda! You'll probably be much more comfortable since you're breast reduction.

"Brynda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is anyone here a runner or was a runner or wants to become a runner? I am going to do a 10k on
> March 29th. I can walk or run, but I'd rather mostly run. Can I train in the next 3 months and be
> able to do that? I don't
want
> to win or anything, I just want to say that I did it and get the t-shirt
:)
> I've never run before in my life, but I do cardio workouts 4-6 days a
week.
> I usually just walk, but want to incorporate jogging/running. I've never been able to run before
> due to large breasts (had the breast reduction in
> 2002), and now I think I'm at a weight where I won't be too jiggly.
>
> Thanks for any info, advice or comments...
>
> Brynda
> 210/177/140ish

no advice on the running but good luck, Lee
Brynda <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is anyone here a runner or was a runner or wants to become a runner? I am going to do a 10k on
> March 29th. I can walk or run, but I'd rather mostly run. Can I train in the next 3 months and be
> able to do that? I don't
want
> to win or anything, I just want to say that I did it and get the t-shirt
:)
> I've never run before in my life, but I do cardio workouts 4-6 days a
week.
> I usually just walk, but want to incorporate jogging/running. I've never been able to run before
> due to large breasts (had the breast reduction in
> 2002), and now I think I'm at a weight where I won't be too jiggly.
>
> Thanks for any info, advice or comments...
>
> Brynda
> 210/177/140ish

Hi Brynda,

The Runner's World web site has loads of information for training and getting started
(http://www.runnersworld.com). I found it incredibly useful and for someone who couldn't run for
more than about 30 seconds at a time, I can now run for 2-3 miles without walking breaks. Don't get
discouraged if you find jogging (even at a very slow pace) difficult to do without walking breaks
for the first few weeks. I couldn't believe how hard it was (I can do any other cardio exercise, so
why was jogging so tough?) and thought I was out of shape and pathetic. Most people have to start by
doing running/walking training, and it takes a bit of patience. Believe me, you'll feel like a
million bucks when you run your first mile non-stop!

Best of luck to you and keep us posted.

Cheers, Petal