Training for a training camp!

Duckwah

Oct 30, 2002
Hey guys i've just signed up for a 5 day training camp in the mountains and i need some advice on how to train for it so i don't get my ass kicked.<br /><br />Currently base training about 300-350km a week and the camp is in 7 weeks time.<br /><br />the camp is 90km day 1, 180km day 2, 180km day 3, 40km TT day 4, 60km day 5<br /><br />so what say all you long distance gurus?

[quote author=Duckwah link=board=19;threadid=2654;start=0#22695 date=1037445004]<br />Hey guys i've just signed up for a 5 day training camp in the mountains and i need some advice on how to train for it so i don't get my ass kicked.<br /><br />Currently base training about 300-350km a week and the camp is in 7 weeks time.<br /><br />the camp is 90km day 1, 180km day 2, 180km day 3, 40km TT day 4, 60km day 5<br /><br />so what say all you long distance gurus?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Hey sounds cool, where and when is it?

The camp is in Jindabyne and the rides are all in the snowy mountains area.<br /><br />The 40km TT sounds fun until i realised that its from jindabyne to charlottes pass which is 900m vertical difference.<br /><br />there are 50 people going and its from the 3rd to the 8th of january next year. there is going to be an A and B group and at night they have got some ex olympians and world level triathletes to talk to us about training and stuff.<br /><br />i can't wait but i think i'm going to get smoked on the climbs

[quote author=Duckwah link=board=19;threadid=2654;start=0#22699 date=1037446823]<br />The camp is in Jindabyne and the rides are all in the snowy mountains area.<br /><br />The 40km TT sounds fun until i realised that its from jindabyne to charlottes pass which is 900m vertical difference.<br /><br />there are 50 people going and its from the 3rd to the 8th of january next year. there is going to be an A and B group and at night they have got some ex olympians and world level triathletes to talk to us about training and stuff.<br /><br />i can't wait but i think i'm going to get smoked on the climbs<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Sounds awesome......you better do some serious miles between now and then ;)

Its being organised by Frank Conceicao who owns Albion cycles in Sydney.<br /><br />His website www.albioncycles.com.au has most of the details but if you want to go on it you had better get in fast cause they are only taking 50 people and most of the spots are taken.<br /><br />or you can call him on 9387 1144, its $500 for the 5 days and you have to be a member of a club for insurance etc<br /><br />As for the training well i'm trying to do 350-400km a week at the moment and i went and got my VO2 and training heart rates tested yesterday.<br /><br />So hopefully i will be ok. I keep entertaining the fantasy that i will be able to ride with the A group but i don't think i will have enough time to prepare between now and then.