Training from Frankston

dclarsen

Apr 9, 2005
In the past 4 months I have moved from Inner melbourne to Frankston...and i now ready to get my training miles up again! Does anyone know of any training rides that commence this end of the bay, during the week or on the weekends? Ideally I am looking to do around 30km 3 mornings a week and weekend rides of 50 to 100km.

Thanks.

David

Hi

I live not far from you - a bunch leaves from Peninsula Star Cycles in Frankston on weekends. Give Simon at the shop a call and he'll give you more info (I think it's split into two groups that do different distances).

You can also warm up and do the return section of the Hell Ride on Saturday mornings if you in the mood for a fast 'un ;)

A few rides also leave Mornington. I'm not sure of the days and times but give Mornington Cycles (not Wedgewood's, but the one on Mornington-Tyabb Road a call) and they'll know.

HTH

Cheers
Nicole

PS Hope this freaking hot northerly disappears soon!!!

Thanks Nicole

As i live just of Kars St this would be perfect - I will be sure to follow up the lead.

All the best - David
"Off to do hill climbs on two bays rd"

Miss Meow said:
Hi

I live not far from you - a bunch leaves from Peninsula Star Cycles in Frankston on weekends. Give Simon at the shop a call and he'll give you more info (I think it's split into two groups that do different distances).

You can also warm up and do the return section of the Hell Ride on Saturday mornings if you in the mood for a fast 'un ;)

A few rides also leave Mornington. I'm not sure of the days and times but give Mornington Cycles (not Wedgewood's, but the one on Mornington-Tyabb Road a call) and they'll know.

HTH

Cheers
Nicole

PS Hope this freaking hot northerly disappears soon!!!

dclarsen said:
In the past 4 months I have moved from Inner melbourne to Frankston...and i now ready to get my training miles up again! Does anyone know of any training rides that commence this end of the bay, during the week or on the weekends? Ideally I am looking to do around 30km 3 mornings a week and weekend rides of 50 to 100km.

Thanks.

David
The "Redbacks" are a group who ride from Frankston I believe, they have a notice board at Kennedy Cyclefit in Black Rock (half way to the city along Beach Road).

Just about every bike shop in the SE has a ride that passes through F, so ask them , drop in to a few and jump on as they come through....Try the Southern Vets too, they have a lot of riders near F, plus Chelsea and Peninsula Cycling Club, have local races in Winter not too far away and their velodrome is just up the road from you...do some Googling and I'm sure you'll have a ball....

Regular bunch rides leave Kennedy's on Saturday and Sunday morning from 7-30am, ride up there to and through F and cruise back with the bunch, quite a few from your way, drive up to Black Rock first, do the ride, hang out for coffee and drive home later.....they usually do Olivers Hill, Humphries Rd and a double hit at Two Bays Rd then a cruise through Mountainview, and back down Olivers to F, then rolling turns back to Black Rock....and once a month a longer ride down to Arthur's St and back....

There are probably some rides that start your way and head North or South to finish back there....ask around at the shops, see CH&Pen, or Sth Vets...

I think there is a group from the Bayside Bandidos too who do regular "Therapy" Rides leaving from the BP at Mt Martha and head down into Mornington, and along Esplanade.

Your choices are many your enjoyment, no matter which you choose,assured...

Roo (remember the cyclist's mantra is "86,400", whether riding or driving!!)

Thanks to all

I am now have 2 options on Saturday - either 8am at Safeway at Seaford, or 7.30am at the Tanti at Mornington. Sunday's ride is 7am at Peninsular cycles, and there are a couple of rides in the envening to - it i can get home early enough (I work in Noble Park) - so thanks for your help!