Training in Alicante, Spain

Irelander

Nov 24, 2004
Just wondering of if ayone has ever trained in the Alicante area. Im heading over there for 2 months in Jan, I want to know what the weather is like (will I be able to train without arm and leg warmers) what are the roads like and some recommend cycling routes.

thank you! CC From Dublin.

[i Am Spanish And Live In Murcia (80 Km South Of Alicante).
The Weather Here In January May Be Better That In Ireland, But Not As Good As To Leave Warm Riding Clothes In Ireland!
Do You Do Road Or Mountain? Anyhow, You´ll Find Really Interesting Routes Around.
If You Are Interested We Could Meet Some Day And Ride Some Km´s Together, Ok?

I'm going for a week's training camp in late Feb/ early March & I've been advised that the best pan is shorts/short sleeves & arm & leg warmers for the first couple of hours.

Don't forget that the locals will feel the weather to be much colder than you do. I remember a trip to Toulon one autumn. We were all walking around in jeans & t-shirts while the locals were all in heavy jumpers & coats.

Irelander said:
Just wondering of if ayone has ever trained in the Alicante area. Im heading over there for 2 months in Jan, I want to know what the weather is like (will I be able to train without arm and leg warmers) what are the roads like and some recommend cycling routes.

thank you! CC From Dublin.

I went to the Alicante area twice this year to see my mum - it is a wonderful area and the locals are 'bike friendly' - yehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Need a baggage handler?