Training Log recommendation needed

jcam711

Nov 6, 2003
In 2004 I recorded my mileage, time, speed and route manually using Bicycling magazine's "Mileage Guide and Training Log." This year I'd like to use software so the weekly, monthly, and annual mileage is totalled automatically etc. Maybe even graphs! I could create something in Excel, but wondered if anyone has a recommendation for an existing software tool.
PS Macintosh OS X, not Windows

The Mac bit is a tough one... BTW you might want to add anything else you can download, eg HRM, Powertap etc. Think if you want to expand the log. The CycleingPeaks stuff is great, but I fear wrong OS...

Well if you have a heart rate monitor that can download to your computer, expect that will ease the effort. I currently have a Polar S520 which does same and am tracking my daily progress by downloading to my lap top via their Sonic linkup. Run the Spinerval DVD on the lap top too so can have it all handy where ever I go.

jcam711 said:
In 2004 I recorded my mileage, time, speed and route manually using Bicycling magazine's "Mileage Guide and Training Log." This year I'd like to use software so the weekly, monthly, and annual mileage is totalled automatically etc. Maybe even graphs! I could create something in Excel, but wondered if anyone has a recommendation for an existing software tool.

jcam711 said:

i recommend Crosstrak. Excellent at tracking a whole load of variables. Lots of graphing functions and reports including for power and heart rate. see http://www.crosstrak.com/?REFID=23 or crosstrak.com

not sure if it will run on a Mac though...
Ric

jcam711 said:

I LOVE THE PROGRAM CYCLISTATS. I HAVE USED MANY PROGRAMS OUT THERE AND THIS WAS BY FAR THE BEST ONE OUT THERE, BAR NONE! YOU CAN EVEN TRY IT FOR FREE FOR 30 DAYS BEFORE BUYING. IT IS DOWNLOADED ON THE COMPUTER SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO MESS WITH LOGGING ON THE INTERNET. EVERYTHING IS COMPUTED DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY, YEARLY...MORE GRAPHS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH IT AND THE CREATOR IS VERY ACTIVE WITH THE PROGRAM UPDATING IT FREQUENTLY AND IMPROVING IT ALL THE TIME.

http://www.shastasoftware.com/CycliStats/

Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestions ... CycliStats looks great, but is only available for Windows operating system. I found a web based log at Netcyclist.com that may work for me. If the rain continues, I'll have a few more days to look at the various options.

jcam711 said:
Thanks for the suggestions ... CycliStats looks great, but is only available for Windows operating system. I found a web based log at Netcyclist.com that may work for me. If the rain continues, I'll have a few more days to look at the various options.

If you can find a program that run native on the Mac, then that's great, but if not, you may want to consider Windows emulation software - I am told they are very good nowadays.

The software that comes with the Polar s720i is very good and completely eliminates the need to do any manual data entry. If you had the desk space you could even get an old used PC for cheap and use it just for your training data.

Good luck.