Training log software recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cal

I need to replace my training log software, The Athlete's Diary, ver
4., with something else. I've used this program since the Windows
5.1 version. Up until the recently marketed XP version, I was completely satisfied. I bought the
upgrade to the XP version and there are serious bugs in it. If a log entry contains an error in
distance, time, or pace, it cannot be edited. The entry must me deleted and re-entered. I have
contacted the company, Stevens Creek Software several times, but have gotten no response after
"We'll look into it..." several months ago. Several e-mails since that have been unanswered.

I would go back to the previous version, but it was a downloaded purchased upgrade and the XP
version installation made this impossible.

It is a shame such a good product is no longer supported by the people who sell it. I hate to start
over, since this has been my way for so many years, but I won't endure its problems any further.

Recommendations, please?

Thanks, in advance.

Cal

"cal" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I need to replace my training log software, The Athlete's Diary, ver
> 4., with something else. I've used this program since the Windows
> 3.1 version. Up until the recently marketed XP version, I was completely satisfied. I bought the
> upgrade to the XP version and there are serious bugs in it. If a log entry contains an error in
> distance, time, or pace, it cannot be edited. The entry must me deleted and re-entered. I have
> contacted the company, Stevens Creek Software several times, but have gotten no response after
> "We'll look into it..." several months ago. Several e-mails since that have been unanswered.
>
> I would go back to the previous version, but it was a downloaded purchased upgrade and the XP
> version installation made this impossible.
>
> It is a shame such a good product is no longer supported by the people who sell it. I hate to
> start over, since this has been my way for so many years, but I won't endure its problems any
> further.
>
> Recommendations, please?

I've recently released a bicycling diary and data logger called CycliStats. It tracks ride times,
distances (metric or Imperial), average speeds, heart rate data, climbing totals, calories, health
stats, bike maintenance, etc.

A free 45-day time trial version is available at:
http://www.shastasoftware.com/CycliStats/Download.htm

To learn more, visit: http://www.shastasoftware.com/CycliStats/index.htm

GG

>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> Cal

www.science-sportsware.dk

"cal" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse news:[email protected]...
> I need to replace my training log software, The Athlete's Diary, ver
> 4., with something else. I've used this program since the Windows
> 3.1 version. Up until the recently marketed XP version, I was completely satisfied. I bought the
> upgrade to the XP version and there are serious bugs in it. If a log entry contains an error in
> distance, time, or pace, it cannot be edited. The entry must me deleted and re-entered. I have
> contacted the company, Stevens Creek Software several times, but have gotten no response after
> "We'll look into it..." several months ago. Several e-mails since that have been unanswered.
>
> I would go back to the previous version, but it was a downloaded purchased upgrade and the XP
> version installation made this impossible.
>
> It is a shame such a good product is no longer supported by the people who sell it. I hate to
> start over, since this has been my way for so many years, but I won't endure its problems any
> further.
>
> Recommendations, please?
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> Cal

In article <[email protected]>, cal <[email protected]> wrote:
>I need to replace my training log software, The Athlete's Diary, ver
>4., with something else. I've used this program since the Windows
>3.1 version. Up until the recently marketed XP version, I was completely satisfied. I bought the
>
>I would go back to the previous version, but it was a downloaded purchased upgrade and the XP
>version installation made this impossible.
>
>It is a shame such a good product is no longer supported by the people who sell it. I hate to start
>over, since this has been my way for so many years, but I won't endure its problems any further.
>
>Recommendations, please?

Try Velocipede http://spiderman.novit.no/dahls/Velo/

Jørn Dahl-Stamnes, EDB Teamco AS e-mail: [email protected] (remove nospam first)
web: http://spiderman.novit.no/dahls/

Status
Not open for further replies.