training mat

Cycler6n

Jan 5, 2007
anyone know of any good moderatly priced training mats to put my trainer on to help with the sound?

I don't know about sound insulation, but my sister gave me a vinyl mat to put under our BBQ to catch grease before it wrecks the patio.

I put it under my trainer instead to catch sweat before it wrecks the carpet.

You might want to consider one of these.

Yojimbo_ said:
I don't know about sound insulation, but my sister gave me a vinyl mat to put under our BBQ to catch grease before it wrecks the patio.

You might want to consider one of these.
You know you can get swet catchers for your bike that connect from the bars to the seat post. Elite is one brand that make them

Yes I do know that thanks...but I just use a towel. I still drip on the floor though.

Cycler6n said:
anyone know of any good moderatly priced training mats to put my trainer on to help with the sound?
You might try using an exercise mat. They are made of high density foam. The standard size is about two feet by six feet. $15 - $30.

Yojimbo_ said:
The sweat will wreck your bike--at least it can corrode things.

Yes...that's why I use a towel to catch it before it hits my bike.

Bro Deal said:
You might try using an exercise mat. They are made of high density foam. The standard size is about two feet by six feet. $15 - $30.
do they keep your trainer from sliding left or right? mine does that, as its on a wood floor

Cycler6n said:
do they keep your trainer from sliding left or right? mine does that, as its on a wood floor
I guess it depends on what you buy. Some have a sort of tacky surface. Others use a smooth finish that does not have much friction.

Bro Deal said:
I guess it depends on what you buy. Some have a sort of tacky surface. Others use a smooth finish that does not have much friction.
thx

Do what Bro Deal suggests. An original mat will be nice with logos and all, and cost a bundle more than a home-made solution.

Powerful Pete said:
Do what Bro Deal suggests. An original mat will be nice with logos and all, and cost a bundle more than a home-made solution.
HAHA! I am using a peice af carpet now, works well, but the bottom of it is wearin off, and causing my trainer to slide from side to side, at about a centimeter. So I'm thing of duct taping it down :D