Training method for semi-beginner?

Trek Rider DK

Nov 17, 2007
Hi all.

I'm completely new to this forum. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge and get to know interesting people here. :)

I have been riding on a new Trek 1000 for about a year with a local club. I am not entering races but training because I like it and the physical/health aspect.
My longest ride in 2007 was 140 km / 87,5 miles. My goal next year is to to 160 km / 100 miles in a day or more.

My question is; My 2008 training starts in March/April '08. How should I train to improve my cycling endurance in relation to the long distance I want to ride? I am considering a lot of interval training, but have no clue how I should structure this training.

Alex Simmons said:
Welcome.

Why are you waiting until March / April to begin training?
I live in Denmark, so it gets really cold in the winter. I do a lot of indoor spinning right now.

Trek Rider DK said:
I live in Denmark, so it gets really cold in the winter. I do a lot of indoor spinning right now.
OK - you can still do your training on an indoor trainer. I would suggest doing more than spinning.

Tell you what, have a read of the first 30 pages of this thread. Tyson was in a similar situation, with lots of indoor training.

Now his training is not necessarily right for you but you'll get the idea.

Any questions from looking at that, come back and the forum will help.