Training Music

5MinuteMajor

Aug 2, 2007
So Im curious, What kind of music (if any) do you listen to while you train?

Personally I find that high intensity heavy metal works best. The best song I can suggest is "Not Alone" by All That Remains. Its very fast and it also has motivational lyrics. I suggest anyone that listens to current rock to check this song out. Excellent for working on your sprints on that trainer. Definately worth having on your MP3.

I think I am also going to make a CD or playlist of songs where I alternate between fast metal song and a slower song and use this for training (work on sprints during fast songs and cool down during the slow ones)

So what is everyones favorite motivational songs?

National Public Radio (News and stories, for you non-US readers)

Search for podrunner in itunes - no sub cost, pre mixed training music at various tempos. It's not heavy metal but head banging and training don't really mix IMO

I am probably dating myself:

Pavement
Echo and the Bunnymen (their new album is actually fantastic)
Cure
Cult
U2
Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt
Dinosaur Jr.
Moby
Original Sins

I've found Kraftwerk's The Mix is good - I like something that's a bit repetitive but not too fast or crazy, just something that gives me a good tempo to match my cadence to.

Though if we're talking headbanging, Celtic Frost's Monotheist is good for hill work.

Steve Winwood - no joke...the man rocks...
Alice n Chains
Metallica
Ozzy
Tesla

Want the new song they play on the hip hop stations..."Party like a rock star" don't knowthe artist...

I have Paul Oakenfold (techno artist) concerts. So I have four to six, 1-4 hr tracks. They are pretty sweet because they have natural progressions of different beats and what not.

currently on my mp3 there is:
a lot of bluegrass
johnnycash
a lot of ritchie blackmore
classical guitar

be,

jim

I like Oakenfold as well. Where would I find some of his concerts in mp3 format?

TrekDedicated said:
I have Paul Oakenfold (techno artist) concerts. So I have four to six, 1-4 hr tracks. They are pretty sweet because they have natural progressions of different beats and what not.

I used to listen to talk radio podcasts but realised that i wasn't pusghin gmyself hard enough during the ride as i was paying too much attention to the discussions. Now i ride with no music or radio and find that it helps me stay in the riding frame of mind.

two words: bad religion

fast paced music is where its at, yo'.

apart from that, i listen to whatever catches my fancy..bands that return regularly are; afi, the ramones, the cure, the smiths, the sounds (or really..any band beginning with 'the' apart from the sex pistols), NOFX, and the odd bit of my chemical romance.

no shame :cool: haha!

Time revitalize this thread :)
I just finished the playlist I was working on this week.

It would be great to get a feedback.

Three Hills
Profile DRAFT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g17jpyekh9...lassDraft.pptx
Don't Cry Britney Spears Britney Jean Roar Katy Perry PRISM (Deluxe) We'll Be Coming Back feat. Example Calvin Harris 18 Months Drinking from the Bottle (feat. Tinie Tempah) Calvin Harris 18 Months Alien Britney Spears Britney Jean Green Valley Calvin Harris 18 Months ARTPOP Lady GaGa ARTPOP (Deluxe Version) Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch) Calvin Harris 18 Months Applause Lady GaGa ARTPOP (Deluxe Version) Green Valley Calvin Harris 18 Months Venus Lady GaGa ARTPOP (Deluxe Version) Iron Calvin Harris 18 Months Long Road To Hell Avicii TRUE Green Valley Calvin Harris 18 Months Donatella Lady GaGa ARTPOP (Deluxe Edition) Heart Upon My Sleeve Avicii TRUE Spiritual Katy Perry PRISM (Deluxe)

Fortunately, we only have to ride to music of our own choosing. Your music is a bit soft-edged and poppy for me.