Training & Nutrition

Nikhil

Jul 17, 2010
I Have Just Started Cycling to work everyday on the Schwinn. I recently bought,but because of my low stamina I'm just so tired by the time I reach work.Is there anything I have to change in terms of diet or something ??

I am assuming you eat breakfast before you bike. If not, start eating breakfast.

Other than that I think that you just need to keep riding and build up your endurance.

At 8 km, you should have no special nutrition needs, as I am also assuming this takes you 20-30 minutes.
If you feel hungry arriving at work (assuming you ate breakfast of course), a small snack would be fine - an apple, banana, or granola bar of some type would do the trick.

Hi, Been reading the forums and have put my lack of energy, aching muscles etc to overtraining, Im off to Majorca in 10days to a training camp, does anyone have any ideas or tips in helping a speedy recovery.
Thanks

I tend to drink a pretty good amount of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and combat the diuretic effects of the caffeine. Water is a staple of the diet menu.

After my caffeine fix, it’s on to breakfast, which typically consists of a bowl of oatmeal, an egg or two with whole wheat toast (easy on the butter), or some sort of whole grain or high bran cereal like Kashi or granola with skim milk.

I usually eating healthy breakfast which includes oatmeal, eggs etc before going for cycling.

Originally Posted by laurahill .

I usually eating healthy breakfast which includes oatmeal, eggs etc before going for cycling.

That is perfect for anyone who is about to do some endurance exercise, I'd usually have either rather than both at once though.