Training partner...

Mark Andrews

Jan 21, 2004
I am living in Melbourne, Australia and I am seeking a training partner.

I am not racing (yet) although I am reasonably strong on the bike.

I average between 500/600 km per week of training and would like to find a training partner who is interested in riding with me.

I do not expect someone to ride with me for all of my weekly k's although I want to be able to meet generally everyday or so for rides between 50 to 100 km.

I hope that I get a response.

My main reason for this post is to meet regularly with somebody to increase motivation, strength on the bike and also chat about things in general as most of my current training is done alone which can be boring at times.

I usually do most of my riding in the morning and try to avoid night riding although I am open to any practical suggestions that may enable me to ride with another person on a regular basis.

Thank you

Originally posted by Mark Andrews
I am living in Melbourne, Australia and I am seeking a training partner.

I am not racing (yet) although I am reasonably strong on the bike.

I average between 500/600 km per week of training and would like to find a training partner who is interested in riding with me.

I do not expect someone to ride with me for all of my weekly k's although I want to be able to meet generally everyday or so for rides between 50 to 100 km.

I hope that I get a response.

My main reason for this post is to meet regularly with somebody to increase motivation, strength on the bike and also chat about things in general as most of my current training is done alone which can be boring at times.

I usually do most of my riding in the morning and try to avoid night riding although I am open to any practical suggestions that may enable me to ride with another person on a regular basis.

Thank you

A good bet is to try going with some bunch rides a few days a week and keep up you own riding as well. Being in Sydney my fave is Coluzzi's which has hard and easy options and suits eveyone from serious recreational riders to national representatives. I think the Hell Ride in Melbourne is of a similar style (?) If you know someone in the bunch it can make rides a lot more sociable.