Training peaks programs

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by giannip, Sep 26, 2007.

1. giannip

giannip New Member

Hi

OK so I've been off the bike for 3 weeks now. I will get back on nice and easy for the next week then another week off (due to other commitments). When I get back I would like to start getting going for next year.

Last year I got my PT 2months before a 3 day stage race and by following the workout examples in Coggans book managed to finish all stages in the first group every day.

My aims for next year are to finish in the top 6 at races as opposed to between 8-15 :)

Now for the question. I;m thinking of trying out one of the 12 weeks plans from TP.

This would take me to January and then I would need to get something for the next few weeks as the season starts in March.

Any comments ?

Tags:

2. giannip

giannip New Member

am I asking this in the wrong forum ?

3. peterpen

peterpen New Member

two comments:

If you liked the results of your first online plan, maybe try it again. Or see if you can't duplicate it on your own.

Don't know your typical field size, but if you're finishing 8-15 out of >50, the difference to finishing top 6 probably might not be fitness, but tactics.

4. LT Intolerant

LT Intolerant New Member

I purchased and used Hunter's TP Spring Program last year and saw solid gains across the power spectrum. The workouts pushed me and were varied enough to keep my interest. Over time I've taken many of the prescribed workouts and adapted them to better prepare for the demands of specific events.

If you are looking to build all-around fitness I think the TP programs that Hunter puts out there are great, but if you want specificity or something that is truly tailored to you be prepared to roll your own or hire a coach.

gene r

5. giannip

giannip New Member

There was probably 2 races where I could have finished top 5 but made mistakes. The rest I was riding at a NP of around 270 (my current ftp is 290). I just never had that bit extra to be able to go into the wining break which is usually what happens here as opposed to sprints.

6. giannip

giannip New Member

well I was thinking that using the program for 12 weeks would bring to within 2 months of the start of the season. I then may tweak the training form
    there.

I find it very easy to motivate myself when I have a program as it sets out goals etc.