Training Peaks subscription?

Animator

Mar 17, 2007
I have WKO+ and I was just wondering if an online TP subscription would give me anything beyond what WKO already does. Any thoughts? If it's just a way to back up power files, then I already do that by other means. I also see it has a calendar for planning workouts, but I use a spreadsheet for that already. Am I missing something? I'm just curious. Thanks.

Hey Animator,

I work for TrainingPeaks. If you've already got WKO+, the additional advantages you'll get by adding a TP online subscription are
the ability to:
  • plan future workouts
  • log and plan meals
  • log metrics (weight, sleep info, body measurements, blood pressure, hydration, etc)
  • have online access to your workout data (although the online site isn't as feature-rich as WKO+. We're moving more WKO+ features to the web, but we're not fully there yet)
  • plan your season with Virtual Coach or create an Annual Training Plan

That's just a quick overview of the online features that aren't available in WKO+. Honestly, if you're happy with WKO+ and do your workout planning on a spreadsheet (and don't need the ability to track meals, metrics, etc.), you're probably just fine with WKO+. No need to spend the extra $ on features you don't need or want!

If you want more info, I'm happy to answer your questions. I'd be happy to let you try the Premium edition free for a month if you're really on the fence? Sounds to me like you're fine with your current setup, but personally I'm a sucker for being able to sync my TP calendar to my Google calendar.

Just let me know if you want to give it a try!

-Courtney
clivingston (at) peaksware (dot) com
twitter: @trainingpeaks