training peaks

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by fstrdr7, Sep 18, 2007.

1. fstrdr7

fstrdr7 New Member

Just finished my 2nd season of racing, Getting ready to purchase a powertap, and was thinking about signing up for a year of training peaks. Has anyone used training peaks? If I get training peaks software, do I also need cycling peaks WKO+ software? Was going to do the virtual coach subscription. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Tags:

2. matt1

matt1 New Member

No you dont need WKO+ but if you are buying a powertap then you would be silly not to buy it. It is the best analysis software around. Training peaks is great for keeping your taining log on line and once you have WKO it is easy to just download the data from WKO to peaks. It just makes thing easy.

3. kwoodrow

kwoodrow New Member

I've kept my training logs on TrainingPeaks for over two years and am quite satisifed. I use WKO for data analysis and for tracking training load using the Performance Management Chart. I use TP for designing an annual training plan and scheduling weekly workouts and for communicating with my coach. TP is also a great way to keep an online backup of all of my power files. Over the course of the last two years, TP has added features at an impressive rate and I suspect that its integration with WKO will improve as well.

4. fstrdr7

fstrdr7 New Member

thanks for your reply's. This year I used the training bible and a binder, but with wanting to start training with power, it would be much easier to use the internet/computer to track data. I just wanted to get some testimonials of people that had used tp or wko to find out if I wanted to spend the money.

Thanks