Training problem...

gontxo_nos

Jan 12, 2016
Hi, I was cold on Sunday and yesterday I woke up with flu symptoms.

Currently I train well:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Training
Wednesday: Training
Thursday: Training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Training
Sunday: Free route

The question is that today I have to train Z2+Z3, but I'm still something wrong...I can change the today for the Friday and if I'm better start tomorrow?.

This is my week of recovery in my training plan.

Regards ;).

If you've got flu systems take a couple of days off. The worst thing that you can do is train when you're sick. Ease back into it when you're better. Since it's you're recovery week you're not not going to lose much by taking a couple of days off.

For my 2016 training plan leading up to my A event in November I've built in a 2 week buffer. Like most years, I expect to get a bad head cold that will put me out of action from training for up to 2 weeks. i.e. my 28 training schedule, I'm starting 2 weeks early. Once over the cold I'll just carry on from where I left off.

You have to take time off to properly recover if you're sick or have a really easy training day. I was sick last week and I took two training days really easy and one day off to make sure that I was 100 percent over it. If you don't take it easy or off you run the risk of getting worse and having to take weeks off which would set you back a bit and we don't want that. Make sure you get better before you train more, it'll be worth it in the end and a couple of days easy or off won't hurt your training.

Indeed, you should take some time off. The flu is not something you want to joke with, and it might aggravate if you force yourself to go cycling and if don't rest properly until it is over. Also you won't be able to train properly, and give it all while sick. Better safe than sorry, mate.

Agree with others here. I often train with a cold, but the flu requires rest. If you train with a flu, your workout will probably suck and you'll be prolonging your recovery.

Yes never train whenever your body is telling you to stop. You must listen to your body and follow what it asks. It can be a very bad idea ignoring the signs and could damage you.

Hey there! Absolutely, listening to your body is so important when it comes to training. Ignoring those warning signs can definitely lead to some unwanted damage. It's all about finding that balance between pushing yourself and giving your body the rest it needs.‍♂️As an experienced cyclist, I've learned the hard way that taking breaks when necessary is beneficial in the long run. So, if your body is telling you to stop, it's best to listen and give yourself some time to recover. Stay safe out there and happy cycling!‍♀️