Training rides in eastern pyrenees

wardie2000

Jun 9, 2003
Does anyone know of any good training rides around the Ceret area of france(near Perpignan)? It is also close to Figueras in spain.

I have managed to get a weeks training out there for the last few races of the british season. I have my training set but no routes to do.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

wardie2000 said:
Does anyone know of any good training rides around the Ceret area of france(near Perpignan)? It is also close to Figueras in spain.

I have managed to get a weeks training out there for the last few races of the british season. I have my training set but no routes to do.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris
I lived south of Carcassonne for two months last year and did many very nice road rides. The area is perfect for good long rides - the terrain is constantly up or down not too much flat, especially the more west you go. I had the Lonely Planet Cycling France book and it detailed many good rides up around this area. You can just go west. Also the IGN region maps are good guides. If you can speak French you could probably communicate with some people in any town and go on some good club rides. I know the one near me was always having epic rides.
Have fun - this part of France is amazing.