Training Rides

I ended up going for that 2nd lap, needless to say my legs are not so super right now :p

Brooke, Peter

Riding this weekend? If so please lets make it at 10 whichever day is fine. 9.30is way too early. may decided to sleep in a bit 10 is much better :D

In full agreement re the 10am start ;)

Saturday looks to be the better one weather-wise so maybe that's a goer.

well on monday i managed to get my wheel caught in the tram track while riding home and fall off! (funny cos I think Veeral was talking about how dangerous tram tracks are on saturday.....)

anyway think i have damaged something with the brakes so am taking it to get looked at tomorrow...so hopefully i will have it back and be able to ride by saturday.....but i'll let u know...

hey brooke well its good you didnt break any bones. Also check your helmet, when i had my incident with the tram track, i took a nasty blow to the head. you might wanna check your helmet and see if it needs replacing.

also i found out last night that there are some big packs leaving 6am on the corner of Nepean Highway and North Road. So might check that out sometime next week. This pack goes down Nepean to Mordiollic then to St Kilda along beach road.

north rd ride sounds good....but me getting out of bed at 5:30am....that will be a struggle......

Brooke: I hope it's just a little adjustment that's gone wrong, or just a bit of wheel truing that needs to be done. Trams seem to annoy every other user of the road, motorists and cyclists .. they should get rid of them I think :D

Veeral: 6am? On cold (and getting colder) mornings? :p (I really need to get some cold weather clothing!) Then again last winter I sometimes went to Albert Park at 5.30am and did laps of the Grand Prix circuit for an hour or two.. but this was fully covered, on a MTB.

well cold thats one problem i can fix i think:confused: but waking up at 5.30 crikey **** thats gonna be a mission on its own. I dont normally get up till 7.30 or 8 on weekday to go to work. this is going to be interesting.

Originally posted by Veeral

also i found out last night that there are some big packs leaving 6am on the corner of Nepean Highway and North Road. So might check that out sometime next week. This pack goes down Nepean to Mordiollic then to St Kilda along beach road.

Correct, starts in the service lane (look for the blinkies.)

Mon & Fri are Easy days, Tue and Thu extremely hard and Wednesday starts medium and comes home hard (Wed is supposed to be a small chainring day, but noone seems to care).There's usually riders going all the way to Albert park, then up Kerferd Rd.

It's worth gettting up for.

Guys

Won't be able to ride tomorrow as will be bikeless...:(

would be happy to ride sunday morning but as Rek said, the weather is looking better on sat, so you guys might be better off going tomorrow....that's cool.....or you can ride BOTH days!!! and then get up at 5:30 and ride monday morning as well!!

anyway if i don't see u, have a good ride.....

well i am dead keen to ride tomorrow morning because i just got my bike serviced. new gear cable and damn is my bike shiny..i cant believe how clean my chain is.

brooke let me know what you wnat to ride on sunday. i can ride on two days...but no riding on monday morning.. i need to gradually learn to wake up early :D

Peter see you tomorrow.

Veeral,

Sorry I didn't make it today .. I slept right through my alarm and woke up at 2pm!! Not sure what's going on there.

I would say that I'll go riding tomorrow, but I fear something similar would just happen again ;) Since the bike's already in the car and all I might go down now and make the most of the rest of the daylight.

Peter, sweet as dont worry about it. i had a feeling you might be sleeping in :D. i went for a ride anyways.. you wont believe what happened to me today. my friggen rear wheel got punctured and since i carried no spare tube no pump. i was screwed. i thought blooody hell i am done for. so this happened near st kilda over pass on the way back to Port Melb. So I walked and walked and walked towards Port Melb. Luckily there was sign on the main road saying bike shop turn right 500m. so i was elated. i got to the bike shop told the girl my problem, i htink she found it quite amusing and told me that my tube was gone. all i had was $10 on me. and the tube was $9.90. phew close shave, they even replaced it for me. though i need new tyers badly.

tomorrow i might give it a pass.i need new tyers

Punctures; they're always a pain in the ****, especially on road bike tyres as they're nigh on impossible to get off! I don't think this is the time to tell you that I always carry a spare tube, puncture kit, 3 tyre levers, that super tyre lever I mentioned in another thread, AND a damn good frame pump :p If only I actually woke up.. :D

What tyres have you got?

I haven't cycled since last week's Beach Rd ride so I really needed to blow out the cobwebs .. this arvo I went on a "Special Hill Intensity Training" (S.H.I.T) ride ;) Any hill I saw over 70km of riding I attacked out of the saddle. About half way through I thought I should have done something more fun like climb Mt Dandenong, but by that time I was in the city :(

Won't have my bike back to monday afternoon...this sucks.......next weekend i think we should hit the dandenongs for some hills, what do you think???

sorry about your puncture Veeral....i'm yet to have one so i'm sure my turn will come soon......

well dandenongs sounds good but I cant go since my tendonopathy is starting to improve alot. The going uphill will just put a lot of pressure on them.. maybe in a couple of months once i get alot more milage in my legs and get them strong enough to tackle hills.. so till then its flats and gym for me.

yeah sorry Veeral...forgot about your injury...we can stick to the flats....:)

by the way, I got gloves yesterday!!!

I might not be able to make it this weekend, I had a dodgy mountain bike crash yesterday and my left knee is still really sore, walking w/ a limp etc. :(

Hopefully it'll turn good enough by the weekend for a flat ride at an easy pace :D

YES gloves are good, not only do they keep you warm, they are the reason I still have skin on my hands ;)

hey peter sorry to hear about your crash. take plenty of rest, well i am sure you are clocking up your sleep as well :D Did u go for a ride last sunday or did you sleep in again :p

brooke: did u get yourself full finger gloves or half finger gloves??? also are you still keen for a ride on Sat morning because its gonna be raining on Sunday.

full fingered gloves....now i just have the problem of cold toes...

sat morning sounds good....say 10am at Port Melb??

Hope you're feeling better Peter and will be back soon on the bike....