Training Rides

Discussion in 'Bike Connections' started by Veeral, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Veeral

Veeral New Member

well sounds good.. see you at 10. if i'm late try and stick around a bit. :)

2. rek

rek New Member

I seem to be able to walk pretty much normally today, things only get a bit dicey if I support my weight on the one leg.. so I might end up being able to join in tomorrow morning after all :D for an easy ride of course :)

If I don't show up by 10, don't wait up for me .. right now I seem to be waking really early in the morning so sleeping in isn't going to be a problem :p

3. Veeral

Veeral New Member

hey peter i stopped at Hampton and took the train home as my quads just totally gave up.. it was hurting like hell to even continue down to Black rock. i have alot of training to do to get my quads strong.

4. rek

rek New Member

Yikes, sounds painful :( I remember looking back and not seeing you there, thinking "this isn't Black Rock yet!"

Maybe the sprinting over the bumps and hills wasn't the greatest idea after all ;)

5. Veeral

Veeral New Member

well it was all worth it... i mean no pain no gain.

6. rek

rek New Member

How's your leg, Veeral? Feeling any better now?

What are people's plans for this weekend?

I finally got around to ordering some arm & leg warmers today in a batch of misc stuff from probikekit (they have a 10% off everything sale till the end of the month) .. so hopefully I'll only have one more chilly weekend morning on Beach Rd :D

7. Veeral

Veeral New Member

hey peter well my legs are fine... the other day my quads were just too fatigued to ride anymore thats all. It seems I need to carry alot more sugar on me.. so i might try a powerbar or a goo gel this weekend.

it will be a good idea if you do get some winter clothing.. who knows maybe we could embark on a really early morning ride one day :D somehow that has a low probability of occuring LOL...

brooke you still up for a ride on SAT or are you having a day off for your event on Sunday? I can ride on either day.

8. chook1

chook1 New Member

Starting earlier?? This from the person who struggles to get there by 10am!!! By the way Veeral, I took your advice - after 5 days of being sore, I went and had a massage. I didn't think he could hurt me any more than when I went for my shin splints - but my hamstrings!!!! The pain!!! That was Tuesday, just starting to feel normal again today.....

Anyway, yep, I'm up for a ride this saturday if you're both keen

9. Veeral

Veeral New Member

soooky la la can't handle the pain aye... hassling me about getting up early. LOL!!! :p

Well i went for a massage last nite and i was in agony when my quads got massaged. mind you the pain didnt last too long since i stomached the pain quite well. :D

anyways i'll see you on Sat, how about if we hammer up any up hills.

10. rek

rek New Member

On the topic of pain, I twisted my ankle today going down the stairs (somehow I misjudged things and came down very badly on my right foot) I can't even walk let alone go cycling :(

I tell you what, getting the 200 metres or so from work to the car was an exercise in mind over body, oh the pain!!!!! Lucky I didn't ride in or else I would have been up the creek!

How about we try something different, can someone ELSE get injured next week? I've got the short end of the stick two weeks running now :p

11. Veeral

Veeral New Member

sorry to hear that peter. yeah i know how sprained ankles suck, used to get that quite a bit when i used to run. one of my reasons to retire from running now :) Now Brooke, dont say I am a complete klutz because i twist my ankle through running :) remember plenty of rest and ice.

12. chook1

chook1 New Member

Geez Peter if you didn't want to ride with us, you could have just said - you didn't have to go to the extreme of spraining your ankle!! ..):D

ANyway hope you are back on your feet soon...

Now Veeral I wouldn't tease you about twisitng your ankle when you run.....that must have been very painful...:)

Well i guess i'll see you tomorrow at 10 (or should I say about 10:15

13. rek

rek New Member

Well you wouldn't know it but the ankle feels about 90% now, theres only a slight pain if I bend it weirdly on purpose.. so things should be good to go tomorrow :D

I really wish I stopped being as accident-prone though :)

14. chook1

chook1 New Member

guys

i won't be able to ride this weekend....i am supposed to race tomorrow (assuming the weather holds up) and will be away the rest of the weekend, so maybe the following?

have a good one if you ride

b

15. Veeral

Veeral New Member

well i dont think i will be riding tomorrow because of the weather. However, on wednesday i got up at 5am and joined the North Road Bunch for a ride. I have to admit it was a beautiful ride especially along Beach Road when you can see the lights lighting up the arc of the bay. I was so buggered at work and I am still paying for it.. well i guess i must be low on iron.. though i am gonna try and cycle a bit more in the early mornings now :)

16. rek

rek New Member

Oh, I was going to post today that I'm not going to be about either .. whatever muscle I pulled/yanked/did something with on last week's ride still isn't quite 100% yet .. and yeah I wouldn't be impressed with the weather (especially the wind)

I do finally have some arm and leg warmers now though :p

17. Veeral

Veeral New Member

hey guys
    well it seems i wont be ridiong this weekend at all. Not till next weekend as I seem to be low on iron and cycling even 30kms is impossible. So I might join you say next week fingers crossed.

Another thing, i dont know if you knew this but on July 13th there is a 100km Audax ride from Morington Peninsula to Port Sea and back. It should be good because you will get a chance to ride a section of the Around the Bay ride. I have done that section last year and its pretty easy just undulating no big hills to climb. When i mean big hill i am comparing to the Dandenongs. The ride is fully supported, so there will be plenty of stops to refill your water bottle.

I am keen do it but my problem is i need a ride down to morington. Let me know if you guys are keen.

So Brooke how did you go in your race ? Hey Peter you getting any physio done on your ankel ?

Anyways guys have good ride this weekend, fingers cross hopefully the weather will be good.

See ya
    Veeral

18. rek

rek New Member

Whoops, forgot to sign in this week. I won't be able to make the usual 10am start .. instead I'm rather foolishly (given the weather) going to get in a quick dawn ride.

19. Veeral

Veeral New Member

you guys keen for a ride this weekend ? Sat? sounds good ?i am feeling much better now so i can get back on the bike again.

20. rek

rek New Member

Saturday is no good for me as I have to drive someone to the airport in the morning.

What about Sunday?

That Audax ride sounds intriguing.. do you have any more info on it?