Training Schedule

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Byron W. Macaul, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. I am hoping some experienced triathletes out there can help me. I decided to start training for a
    sprint triathlon after I dislocated my shoulder earlier this year. I purchased the Triathlete's
    Training Bible and read through most of it with the intention of creating a training schedule. I
    found it a little scientific for my first time training. I am hoping someone can help me with a
    training routine.

    I am in good to very good shape. I am a strong runner who can easily run a
    10K. Last time I ran a 5k race I finished in about 24 minutes. My cycling skills are ok I think, I
    can do a "spinning" class at the gym with no problem. My swimming ability is bad. I have
    worked up to 100 meters before I have to stop to breath but I can complete 800-1000 meters per
    workout easily.

    The event is the first week in November. I live in AZ and have access to a 25 meter pool, spinning
    classes, Woodway Treadmills and Life cycle exercise bikes at my gym. I want to stay out of the heat
    until end of September. After that I want to train on my old Univega road bike. I prefer to work out
    six times per week. No weights because of the shoulder.

    If anyone out there can help me with a training schedule I would really appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Billy Boone

    Billy Boone Guest

    Try http://www.trinewbies.com/

    They have a 10 week sprint (beginner) schedule.

    They basically have a training program for the distance your after.

    BBB