Hi all, I did a 60 mile MTB XC race this summer, got through on 4.14 averaging 89% of max heart rate. Seems like I put a decent effort in even if the time isn't much to brag about. If I'd like to squeeze by in less than 4 hours, is it possible to say anything sensible about how to train to achieve that? My main training dose is from commuting. It's a 15 mile ride to work, and it takes me about 1.03 to 1.10. There's a shower and a dressing room at work so I have no problems hitting it hard. A gym too if need be. I can get about 10 miles of reasonably open stretches before I hit inner city traffic and have to give focus to that. I've tried sneaking in some interval training by honking up the 3-4 climbs worth mentioning along the route, but I can't say I've noticed any particular effect. I'm male, age 43, just shy of 6', and 80 kg. I also do a fair amount of skating, and used to be a masher, so leg strength is probably not an issue.
Cycling Training · Public discussion
Training tips based on HRT data and race results?
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Training
- Published
- 10 September 2013
- Last activity
- 10 September 2013
- Original author
- dabac
- Posts
- 1
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 991
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.