Training Week Ending 4/20/2003

"M1ahearn" <[email protected]> wrote...

> The Spring Classic was a good race; I went out a little too fast (7:14 first mile) but didn't
> totally die, just sort of.

Now what does THAT mean - do we get a report? :)

Congrats, nina

"M1ahearn" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The bad things about races being so early in the morning is that I don't wake up until a
> couple of hours after they're over.

LOL - great report. Still grinning... I'm glad I made you post this ;)

> ("14:52!" he said. "I wish I could do simple subtraction right now! I thought")

*g* know the feeling. I've given up trying to do math on races a while ago. :)

> there was a THIRD guy yelling out numbers ("22:48!" he yelled. "They should have made this a 5K!"
> I thought.) and then I had to run back over the hills and

so it was a 5miler, or what? Damn good time.

Congrats, Mike, sounds, heh, good if uneventful ;)

nina

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Greetings, rec runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

Mon: 14K including 4x2K at HM..10K pace

Tue: 8K easy + RA(1)

Wed: 20K marathon pace

Thu: rest

Fri: 14K easy

Sat: 8K easy + RA

Sun: 29K easy, 2 last M..HM pace

Total: 93K

The weather finally turns warm (18C) on Sunday, first run of the year in shirt and shorts.

(1) R(unning) A(cademy):

High knee lifts up a small incline, tiptoe steps ditto with the heel hitting the buttocks, so called
"Borzov steps" (take a long step, bend deep at that knee, let the other leg´s knee almost touch the
ground and bring it forward; if you haven´t done any before 3x8 is more than enough...)

(Not included: strength exercises, stretching)

Anders