Training Week Ending April 17, 2005

SwStudio

Guest
Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
week and goals.

(and good luck to those running the big race on Monday. :)

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON)
www.absolutelyaccurate.com - director

mon-0
tue-o
wed-0
thur-7
fri-7
sat-0
sun-0
i ran all the miles in the new NIKE free
not much to tell , i will try a 1/2 marathon and see how it goes.
oh there they give you 2 inserts for your sjoes , i threw them out and
ran in just shoes and sox

goal:
learn how to measure distance in real world.
on bike backpack finding things. ( a pack rat)
bike riding
probe with bike. flats.
carry exter tube and small air pump.
bent front wheel doing wheelie.
re tighten and straighten out self....
rode 25 miles to bike store for 26' 1 3/8 tire.
gave me a26' 1 3/8' and 1.25 w.
charge $10.00 said was $12.00
looks like a $5.99 a myers.. a rich store..
and 1.25 (1¼) makes tire not fit on my use rim.......
so I remember he said:
Good this means I won't be back.
no recept.
and burger king.
and I well need to buy a rim to fit this tire and then move on to a
whole bike you cheap ass well fair low life. as I made my way out the
door after saying thank you.
I well put it off as a lesson learn and a lose.
see he likes the people who hand him a $3,500.00 and say this is the
one I like.people......
sorry....
I was so happy to b in there store......
really I was happy that I found a tire....last $10.00 I own and no buy
food today...
I well throw a way the tire. I can't wait to see how I would get screwed
with the spokes....measure them.......
better for me not to just go there...

trail lesson learned......
sun - garden
mon-22 miles
tue-25
wen-20
thur-25
fri-6
sat-25
total for week=123 miles
total for year-1344 miles
107 days÷=12.560747
1344÷106=12.679245

123÷6=20.5 miles
circle r×2=10¼
raven=r×2=15

miles to km =1.609344
sun-garden
mon-13.670166km
tue-15.534279km
wen-12.427423km
thur-15.534279km
fri-3.728227km
sat-15.534279km
week=76.428656mk
year=835.12288km
107 days÷=7.804863km

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

goals: oh dear god. upcoming races: marathon April 18; 10k April 24; 5k May
7 or 9, I forgot.

M: AM 6.4mi (9:11)
T: PM 7mi incl 4 continuous @6:59, supposed to be 7:20s, oops
W: AM 6mi (8:39)
R: AM 5mi (8:31)
F: AM 5mi (8:40)
Sa: AM 4mi (9:06) along the Charles, with some internet acquaintances. Neat
meeting in real life for the first time.
Su: AM 3mi Freedom run (Boston thing). left leg tight and complaining,
hopefully just jitters.

total: 36.4 miles, lowest in a long time.

As today finds me in a crisis of confidence, I won't say anything more.

good week all

Karen

M: 60 min spincyle; 3 miles run. 20 min elliptical
T: DNS/R
W: 60 min spincyle; 3 miles run. 20 min elliptical
T: DNS/R
F: 60 min spincyle; 3 miles run. 20 min elliptical
S: DNS/R
S: 60 min spincyle; 4 miles run. 20 min elliptical

After 3 to 4 weeks of injury and illness I managed to get some proper
training done in the second half of the week.  On the bike Mon/Tue due to
calf injury.

Next week 70 miles hopefully.

Next race probably Silverstone 10k on May 3rd.  Target will depend on
fitness but will definitely be a PB attempt (33:58 or better).

Monday:
pm) Road Bike, 27.90 miles - easy/medium

Tuesday:
pm) Road Bike, 21.09 miles including 5 x 1.5km w/1.5km rec - hard

Wednesday:
pm) 10.25 miles - easy/medium

Thursday:
pm) 7.5 miles - medium

Friday:
am 5.75 miles - easy/medium
pm) 8.25 miles - easy/medium

Saturday:
pm) 6.25 miles, couple of efforts thrown in - easy/medium

Sunday:
am) 14.25 miles - easy

Total run: 52.25 miles
Total Bike: 49 miles

--
Brian Wakem

SwStudio wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>week and goals.
>(and good luck to those running the big race on Monday. :)

Ditto, good luck to those racing tomorrow and today.

Before my run today, I watched the finish of the local 1/2 marathon
(Rockland lake Half Marathon). It's a tough course with one big hill of
about 90-100 meters in <1/2 mile that the course goes down then back up.
There's a few other small hills. Winner was 1:17:50 which is very decent for
this course. 7 people broke 1:30. There was also a 5k, won in 17+ where 13
people broke 20:00.

mon: 1:18 cycled easy
tues: 0:30 walk
wed: 0:52 ran easy
thurs: 1:16 cycled moderate
fri: 1:10 run with walk breaks (10 mins @ MP)
sat: 1:10 cycled easy/moderate
sun: 2:33 trail run/hike on difficult singletrack, cinder, some pavement -
hilly, moderate

goals: Escarpment trail race (30k), VT 50m
Felt good this week backing off on the intensity and extending duration.
Next week hoping to get in a longer hike/run on trails, maybe 4-6 hours.

-Tony

Goal sub-3:05 marathon, this coming Sunday 24th April.
http://albi.marathon.free.fr/

The Fri-Sun "block" last week had left me with no energy and pain in both
ankles. So instead of 2x15' at 88% on Monday, I just did a recovery run.
Also I dropped Tuesday's 1h15 at 75% session. Wednesday's 6x1000 at 4'15/k,
were replaced by Monday's 2x15'.

This weekend I went to my in-laws' second wedding (it's a long story :) so
I dropped Saturday's run too and shortened Sunday's 2 hours down to 1h40m.
It seemed bloody crazy to me anyway to do 2 hours, including 45' at pace,
just one week before the race and the whole week was originally scheduled a
lot "heavier" than any taper I ever tried.

Started breaking in my new Asics DS Trainer X, which I'll be using for the
race. Love the feeling of new shoes, love DS Trainers. Ankles hurt a bit
less too.

Target pace seems to be converging to 4'20/k (6'58/mi) so I won't be risking
trying for 2:59:59 and maybe missing the main goal. I think ... ;-)

Time km mi HR%av
Mon 0:57 10 6 63 Easy at 5'37/k (9'02). Supposed to be 30' up, 10' down
with 2x15' at 88%. No energy and ankles hurt.

Tue 0:00 Unplanned rest. Was supposed to be 1h15 at 75%.

Wed 1:08 14 9 78 Monday session ere. 28' up 70% 5'35/k (8'59), 7' down
2 x 15'/5' - 4'10/k (6'42/mi) pace

Thu 0:00 Planned rest

Fri 1:18 16 10 77 31'/6k up av 70%. 9' 1.5k down. Windy.
6 x 1000/200 at 85% in 4'14 downwind-4'24 upwind/1'18.

Sat 0:00 Unplanned rest. Should have been 1h15 at 70-75%

Sun 1:37 20 13 79 At 70% except 51' at 85% 4'22/k (7'01/mi). Supposed to
have been 2h of which 45' at 85% but had planned to
shorten this one anyway.
__________________
5h 60k 37miles

Goal: Taper for marathon on Monday.

Mon: DNR
Tue: 5 easy
Wed: 7 w/2 @ MP
Thu: 5 easy
Fri: DNR
Sat: 5.3 w/6x100m strides
Sun: DNR

Did some walking around Sunday, but otherwise I feel pretty rested.
We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Brian B

You'll do fine, Karen.

BTW I forgot to bring your phone number. If you still have mine, and
you see this before Tuesday middayish, feel free to call (or e-mail).

Brian B
Fort Worth, TX (usually)

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

MON -
TUE spinning session 1:30
WED slow running 1:07
THU yoga lesson 1:20
FRI -
SAT slow running 1:17
SUN slow running 1:27

Back on the forest paths a week or two earlier than I would´ve
expected; the spring has taken giant steps, there are tiny patches of
snow in the gloomiest spots of spruce forests, but I saw small
tortoiseshells, the first of the spring butteflies, on Sunday.

The shorts will have to remain in the cupboard, though, this week the
northern wind will take us back to Siberia, so to say.

Next Sunday I could be running the route of the summer´s World
Championship marathon in a race that has been set up to serve as a
dress rehearsal for the big event in August. But I´m not that stupid
anymore:)

Anders

broke the inside of front 27" tire rim yesterday . did 23 miles.
total fer week = 146 or something. under 150 a week do u think 150 is
easy.
162 week before.
man this wrong tire gave and 10 buck charge really screw me up........

on N orth America Trail. would of been done and out......

this harris lawer on t.v. and diid my life with out me knowing for over
2 and hafe year screwed me evan more.

some resume these guys heve. no wonder the cops here 24 times in 2 ½
years..and I was a cole laderal damage thing.....
I never was told..well at when the **** hit the fan and never to date
still gotten better.

jst a small fry that got run over by the states big wigs........

and got ****..for it..........
f u w......
fom now on you get my miles.
That's it.........
Lowtuc Zow and a zillion others.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 22:06:24 -0400, "SwStudio" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>week and goals.
> . . .

Mon rest
Tue 2.3 miles 9:30/mile
Wed dnr
Thu dnr
Fri 3.2 miles 10:09/mile
Sat rest
Sun RACE!!!
5K 26:35
Mile Splits: 8:03 (downhill), 9:08 (uphill), 8:37, 0:47.
Well my goal for the 5K was under 28:00 so I smashed that! :)

Miles for the week 10.1, but *Wow!*

Goals: No races through the summer. Focus on base miles / Time On Legs.

--
Daniel
[email protected]

another good week. stepped it back to 30 miles. next week I'll shoot
for 36 again.

m 10.2miles flat, 1:32:49.
t 4.2miles flat and easy, legs feeling bad, 38:44.
w 3.6miles hilly and easy, legs still feeling bad, 36:51.
r dnr.
f biked to and from work, about 70 minutes... ran during lunch,
5.75miles, flat, legs feeling better, 45:43.
s 6.63miles, hilly and easy, 1:03:50.
s dnr.

> SwStudio wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>week and goals.
>(and good luck to those running the big race on Monday. :)

I'll second that! I have the VCR set to OLN to tape it, sure hope
the cats don't walk over the romo today! ;-)

Goals: Local Grand Prix races, next is May 8th. Trying to get 70%
WAVA age-grade this year. Achieved for the 5k, now need to try for
the other distances.

Mon: Rest Day since it was a race yesterday
Tues: 6.3 mi @ 8:52 pace. Windy, 80F. Slight left knee aches.
Wed: 5.45 mi @ 9:40 pace. Forced an easy one tho I felt like going
faster the whole way. No aches today.
Thurs: 6.3 mi @ 8:38 pace. Warm (87F) and breezy, no aches, nice run.
Fri: Rest Day
Sat: 14.25 mi @ 9:29 pace. Slightly cold at outset. Allergies bad,
first few miles breathing way hard. Then OK. No aches but feet were
a little beat feeling.
Sun: Didn't run, did do both a weight and Pilates workout.

Total: 32.3 mi

Teresa in AZ

"anders" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Next Sunday I could be running the route of the summer´s World
>Championship marathon in a race that has been set up to serve as a
>dress rehearsal for the big event in August. But I´m not that stupid
>anymore:)

Oh! Not even as an "LSD"? ;->

Goal: Recover from marathon, stay in reasonable shape

M-W: DNR
Th: 3.5 mi, easy
F-S: DNR
Su: hike, >4000ft elevation gain/loss, no trail, nasty bushwacking.
lots of new scrapes and bruises, but my legs felt good.

Total run: 3.5 mi

ilona

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
>
> (and good luck to those running the big race on Monday. :)

Mon 0.00 walking only
Tue 2.88 easy
Wed 0.00 rest
Thu 5.18 easy
Fri 0.00 rest
Sat 7.02 easy
Sun 0.00 rest
---------------
Wk 17
Yr 677

Finally able to walk without pain, so I resumed some sort of running on
Tuesday. Feeling pretty good on Saturday. With the Boston Marathon on
Monday, I'm starting to think that I could at least start the darn
thing (but don't tell my doctor).

Goals: Boston Marathon 4/18.

Have a great week rec.runners.

--
Phil M.

Mon: London - 40' easy.
Tue: off
Wed: 9k with 3k at MP.
Thu: off
Fri: 8k with 2.5k at MP
Sat: off
Sun: London Marathon 2:56:34 with 3k warmup.

Total: 70km

Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

Found 3 trash bikes. that was a chore getting here, Now:
Got a 27" racer. and works took some time and 3 bikes in parts. but
every thing works good
truck running good.
got 2 running bikes.
and maybe make a mountain bike out of this 10 speed girls bike. she a
custom. a big bar bike.
there all really old, well so am I.

got 6 pairs of sweats. all them 2 small. butt hay! put on 35 pounds.
and well make 2 swim suits out of the "Babes" one.....T shirts some.if
I was a small and medium a whole new wardrobes... Oh well......got a
neat engraver....

Tell you people.......since I got no job or paycheck at all. the past 29
months...
I'LL turn into a really good street person.....

162 miles last week is like a square root of 1800 miles... or in blocks
would be 18,000 miles...... of turf to hunt..........
and I don't has to pay tax because there is zero money.......

I trying for work.......
Nobody returns and all I get is machine;s
so enter there all run by machines or toey just don't care..........

thumb of michigan.the pink ribbon start....
these roads a mountain bike can't evan ride on butt only one's I see is
ten lots making people and some workers.....There all ninjas.........
my opinion only......
Decided.......No-Body wants to hire me.
garden going good.
potatoes and 16 packs of seeds so far.
some might of broke ground. rain first time this month....... I well
never pay you, and not return if ask......

78 miles so far this week got to ride. Later:>)
found new route with this distance from park to park..so cool.

spring is in the house.

Soon maybe have all new stuff and rid ll the winter junk....... no of a
party place to maybe if there well get gas money to do lawn and a
gallon in me truck....sept I have to bike to get it and pick up 10¢
cans and they are few........ maybe just for lawn,,first time now and
getting time to cut it.....a push mower. and wheel bar gears might be
strip...... so push time.....
a days hike.........and more garden time.