Training Week Ending December 14, 2003

SwStudio

Guest
Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about you training week and goals.

**note: I will be posting the "Training Year" thread in the last weeks of December.

cheers,
--
David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

In article <[email protected]>, SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about you training week and goals.
>
> **note: I will be posting the "Training Year" thread in the last weeks of December.

Mon 6 miles 7:50 pace Tue 10 miles 7:40 pace Wed Long day at work, DNR Thu Tempo run with training
group, 4 miles 6:21 pace Fri AM: 4.5 miles 9:00 pace. PM: 4.4 miles 9:00 pace Sat rest Sun 10k race.
Report to follow ...

36 miles this week.

Why the two Friday sessions?
"Donovan Rebbechi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, SwStudio wrote:
> > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about you training week and goals.
> >
> > **note: I will be posting the "Training Year" thread in the last weeks of December.
>
> Mon 6 miles 7:50 pace Tue 10 miles 7:40 pace Wed Long day at work, DNR Thu Tempo run with training
> group, 4 miles 6:21 pace Fri AM: 4.5 miles 9:00 pace. PM: 4.4 miles 9:00 pace Sat rest Sun 10k
> race. Report to follow ...
>
> 36 miles this week.
>
> --
> Donovan Rebbechi http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

Goal Six Foot Track mid-March

Sun 27km 4:45/km western harbour cicuit Mon 6km 5:00/km errands Tue 11km 4:45/km dawn run with
friends Tue 9km 5:15/km to work Tue 10km 4:10/km from work Thu 11km 4:45/km dawn run with friends
Fri 9km 4:35/km to work Fri 9km 4:30/km from work Sat 14km 4:50/km bay run

Total 106km

I had intended not to train until after Christmas but various factors unrelated to running meant I
did very little in November. I thought my legs needs some kilometres now if they were going to cope
with serious training after Christmas. The faster run Tuesday was because I was late to pick up my
daughter from pre-school.

My 4 week sequence of 15km, 11km, 46km, 105km doesn't exactly follow the 10% rule. I figured my legs
would cope having done 140km weeks in August. This wasn't entirely true. During tennis Sunday
afternoon (after 27km in the morining) my right calf cramped badly enough to finish the game. Mid-
air, no less, as I was leaping for a high ball. I thought this type of muscle "fitness" might be
retained longer.

Nice to be running more, but I'm not feeling very motivated and I've yet to decide how seriously
I'll train in the new year.

Andrew

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about you training week and goals.
>
> **note: I will be posting the "Training Year" thread in the last weeks of December.
>

> cheers,
> --
> David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

Goal: To finish the Honolulu Marathon

Goal: Connemarathon 28th March
Easy week this week. Adding distance and quality work last week caused my shins to complain.
Mon: 3 miles. Shins not happy.
Tue: dnr
Wed: dnr
Thurs: 8 miles
Fri: dnr
Sat: 4 miles
Sun: 10 miles
Total: 25 miles

--
Colm

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about you training week and goals.

Base training for spring/summer triathlon season.

Build Week
M: 6.4 miles - easy brick (cycling followed by a run)
N: dnr
O: 10.0 - 6 easy, 4 tempo
P: 6.3 - easy brick
Q: 6.3 - easy brick
R: dnr
S: 15.0 - easy

Total run: 44 miles (Swim 17.5k, Bike 146 miles)

Next race is marathon on Jan 8. Starting to taper.

Mon: 13k including middle 4k at 5:00/k, 4:40/k, 4:20/k, 4:00/k Tue: 10k easy on grass. Slight strain
of adductor post-run stretch Wed: no run as precaution Thu: 1/2 Marathon in 1:23:56, 3k up, 1k down
Fri: 7k recovery Sat: 12k easy Sun: 6k easy

Total: 73km (45 miles) Less than planned, but at this stage it's "better safe than sorry" mode.

Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

goals: continue with marathon training, push as much as possible without getting injured. Upcoming
races: possible 5-miler Dec 27, 15K Jan 24, marathon Feb 22.

M: 6.2mi (9:14)
N: 7.2mi (9:21)
O: 6.75mi - track night incl 8x200 :)42 avg), 2x400 (1:28 avg)
P: 8.5mi (8:47)
Q: 6.2mi (9:32) Sa: dnr Su: 14.6 incl half-marathon in wind and pouring rain (1:38:33, PR, 3rd
F masters)

Total: 49.5 miles

The half was notable only because the weather was so bad, so I won't bore anyone with a report. I'd
hoped to run faster than I did, but it wasn't a total loss. Now my left ITB is sore, so I'm
icing/medicating/stretching/praying/weaving spells so that it will be fine by tomorrow. This will
mark the 4th weekend in a row that I've raced (2 10Ks, a 15K, and now the half), so I'm ready to get
back to some easy running for a couple of weeks.

Good week all

Karen

Mon 0:50 easy 5'30/km
Tue 1:10 endurance 5'/km
Wed REST
Thu REST
Fri 1:10 35' up, 12x30"/25" = 150m/70m, 10' down
Sat REST
Sun 0:50 20' up, 8km county cross country championship
f*ed both ankles and one knee. great :-(
__________________
4: 00 46k 29mi

M - 5 mi easy T - 1 mi warm up - 8 X400 with 200 recoveries - 1 mi cool down W - 5 mi easy T - 5 mi
easy F - swim - 400 warm up - 5 X 200 - 100 recovery - 8 X 50 - 100 cool down S - 18 mi easy S -
bike - 1 hour indoor trainer CAJUNMAN

Sun 2.25 Mon 3.5 Tues 2.25 Wed 3.25 Thu 3.00 Fri 2.25 Sat 3.5 Sun 2.25

Goal: Some decent cross-country performances (County champs Jan 3rd)
Goal: Ramp up mileage to 60, then 65, then 70 miles/week
Longer term: Sub 1:14 half in Feb/March

Came 3rd in a low-key cross country race on Sunday - had a decent run I think.

Monday: pm) 5.75 miles - esay/medium

Tuesday: am) 3.65 miles - easy pm) 5.15 miles in total, including 6k flat-out - hard

Wednesday: am) 5.65 miles - easy/medium pm) 8.35 miles - easy/medium

Thursday: pm) 7.2 miles, fartlek inc 10x1min w/1min - hard

Friday: pm) 7.9 miles, hillyish - easy/medium

Saturday: am) 3.7 miles, hillyish - easy/medium

Sunday: am) Today's Runner XC league race, 3rd place http://www.farnham-
runners.org.uk/TRXCL2003_Results.htm

Total run: 53 miles

--
Brian Wakem

steve common <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Sun 0:50 20' up, 8km county cross country championship f*ed both ankles and one knee. great :-(

Hope you got to stand on (or as if on) the podium for "équipes"?

(Sun 2.5 hrs club LSD run)

Mon 1.0 hrs pole-running on a up-and-down 1.5K loop

Tue 1.5 hrs running on unlit forest paths in a perfect moonlit night: the temperature had sunk below
freezing and the frost made the landscape magically luminous. A long bath in a really good sauna,
complete with a quick swim in the (not yet frozen) lake and home- made (rye-malt, low-alcohol) beer
afterwards. You people don´t know what you miss in this life:)

Wed rest

Thu 1.5 hrs pole-running on afore-mentioned loop

Fri 1.5 hrs pole-jogging

Sat 10K 6K jog/run WU, 10K race and 6K jog/walk CD. I chose to treat this event (the second race in
a local winter series) as a training run(1): 7-8K at a HRM-dictated (93-94%HRmax) pace and the rest
at whatever I could get out of myself. Marvellous sunny - the sun low on the horizon at 1PM, already
beginning to set at 2PM - winter day, despite the complete lack of snow: -2C/28F, the wind still.
Plan worked "fine": after a very slow start I was reeling in harder-breathing runners, but my "kick"
didn´t really take me anywhere (except into the 96-97% range), and when a youngster sped past me on
the last K, I could only exclaim a quiet "Oh, the impatience of youth!". For the last three Ks I
could hear the laboured breathing of a female runner right behind me: just like some women´s voices
have a certain timbre which makes them erotically alluring no matter how they speak orwhat they say,
the way she sounded would´ve made any adult movie producer see dollar signs...
(1) BTW how *should* a 10K race be run for optimal out-of-racing-season training
purposes? Even pace at <90%HRmax (~at a MP-10s/km pace)?

Sun 1.5 hrs pole-jogging on two inches of fresh snow.

(Mon rest raining, the snow already turned into wet slush.

Anders

[email protected] (Anthony) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Next race is marathon on Jan 8. Starting to taper.

Going well...

> Thu: 1/2 Marathon in 1:23:56, 3k up, 1k down

Why do we generally tend to be less conscientous than the "real runners" about the cooldown?

OK, in your exuberant mood you can be excused *this time*:)

Anders