Training Week Ending December 19, 2004

Training Week:
Monday- 8 miles with steadily increasing speeds up to sprint level before
dropping back down to 10 min. miles, then ramping back up.
Tuesday- 5 miles moderate speed
Wednesday- off
Thursday- 18 miles at 10 min/mile
Friday- off
Saturday- 5 miles slow
Tomorrow- 4-6 depending on how I feel.
Total so far: 36 miles

Goal: Tampa Bay Marathon Feb. 6. I'm not planning on doing anything
special, just want to finish without walking...

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
: week and goals.
:
: ** note: thanks for everyone's continuing participation in
: this thread! I will be posting the "Training Year" post next
: week.
:
:
:
: cheers,
: --
: David (in Hamilton ON)
: www.absolutelyaccurate.com
: www.allfalldown.org
:
:

Sunday-10K Race, 40:12 : 6:29min/mile and not good enough to crack the top 200
runners. Very humbling. Some cherry picking would do wonders for bruised ego
for sure.
Mon-DNR
Tue-DNR
Wed-4 Miles
Thur-4 Miles
Fri-4 Miles
Sat-4 Miles

I've been a weather weenie all week. Today I waited for the warm point of the
day to run....saw it was 35F. Reflected how at the US Olympic Marathon Trials
in B'ham, AL,...it was 35 F at the start and every single one of those guys
wore gloves and caps at the start...and as the day warmed up...it never warmed
up enough as those guys kept those caps and gloves on through the entire race.

Inspired by those chaps in only a singlet & shorts, knit gloves and no cap...I
journeyed out on my 9 miler run and once again weenied out at 4 miles and
called it a day. I'm falling into a bad pattern here.

Goals: Still trying to decide between Big Sur Marathon (which is close to
selling out) and Boston. I'm giving myself till the end of the year...and it
will probably come down to a coin flip.

I gotta make sure I don't gradually tail off in my training w/Winter
weather...like so many do.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:22:02 -0500, "SwStudio"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>week and goals.

ok. 5K twice And 10K once all treadmill.

firming up next years plans and realizing i have to get
crackin' on the buildup if i hope to run any distance.
since a 50K is planned, i'm feeling the pressure.
next week should start showing increases.
....thehick

mon: 0:50 walk treadmill
tues: off
wed: 0:30 run/walk outside, hr 130
thur: 0:30 walk treadmill
0:20 spincycle hill routine
fri: 0:44 hilly fartlek, hr 153
sat: 0:40 walk/run treadmill
sun: off

Week 3 after marathon. Finally had the legs to feel strong running my old
"mountain" course yesterday. Adjusting to the life of a slacker/jogger, and
enjoying it - especially these little things I call walk/runs or run/walks,
the latter meaning I did more running than walking, and the former being a
walk with random blocks of running, either sustained or short somewhat
anaerobic stuff like a 200 or a 400. At least it makes me feel alive...

-Tony

"Lanceandrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Goals: Still trying to decide between Big Sur Marathon (which is
> close to
> selling out) and Boston. I'm giving myself till the end of the
> year...and it
> will probably come down to a coin flip.

You may as well take any spring marathon off the list. How can you get
to any spring dance if you can't get your wussy butt to run more than 4
miles. People usually have an inertia problem in cold weather in that
an object at rest stays at rest, i.e. thay never get out the door. To
get outside and get warm and then return home cutting your run short,
does not make sense. After four miles what bothers you such that you
high tail it for home?

For Xmas by yourself a copy The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman
Vincent Peale

> I gotta make sure I don't gradually tail off in my training w/Winter
> weather...like so many do.

Like many? Who else turns into a weenie when the weather drops below 50?
;)

-DougF

Doug Freese wrote:

> "Lanceandrew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > Goals: Still trying to decide between Big Sur Marathon (which is
> > close to
> > selling out) and Boston. I'm giving myself till the end of the
> > year...and it
> > will probably come down to a coin flip.

> You may as well take any spring marathon off the list. How can you get
> to any spring dance if you can't get your wussy butt to run more than 4
> miles.

I think you should be more _honestly expressive_ in your
"wussy butt" comments ;)

> People usually have an inertia problem in cold weather in that
> an object at rest stays at rest, i.e. thay never get out the door.

This is why I want a running-suitable treadmill for Xmas.
I'm so darn slow in the A.M. post 40!

> get outside and get warm and then return home cutting your run short,
> does not make sense. After four miles what bothers you such that you
> high tail it for home?

20F?

> For Xmas by yourself a copy The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman
> Vincent Peale

Nah. I suggest a "good" theologian instead.

> > I gotta make sure I don't gradually tail off in my training w/Winter
> > weather...like so many do.

> Like many?
>
>Who else turns into a weenie when the weather drops below 50?
> ;)

My great grandmother :)

> -DougF

2574
a circle of 360°
at 1° 3½ miles out in same 1° to point of Aires.(return) ×365
days in a year= 7×365=2555
360°+5°=365 days in 2004.
How may road in this 7 mile circle?
December 21. winter starts.
22 days till New years 2005
15°below windchill. snow and white eveywere and artic cold here till
monday snow.
all done in real world time. ort michigan.
u.s.a.
112 weeks now with no job.
no paycheck. and no uninployment.
thanks business.
it is booming here. once land for 3 grand an acer, now 30 grand. over
1/2 mill places and some have roads. oh yes builders are by homeowners.
Gee since I paint houses. and since there was alto places befor. these
surveyers. o.k. sorry
The land of pink ribbons. Thats right folks.no pay check at all...zero
zippo nada. so if you own land, or bulldozers. or a road persons. it is
booming, everyone else. well. 2574 miles picking up 10 cent cans so I
can live. we do business. just not with me. I get to wait for 30
years as you pay off your morgage to decide to build, and then wait till
the paint part comes right.business man........oh ad who is the
homeowner. wait a mintue....thats the ninja man....come find me in
security and the law land..right.....so you.....pontiac in the woodward
circle...

"Tom Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I think you should be more _honestly expressive_ in your
> "wussy butt" comments ;)

I'll order '"How to Win Friends and Influence People" for my winter
reading" ;)

> This is why I want a running-suitable treadmill for Xmas.

ahhh, er,,,, nah forget it. ;)

> I'm so darn slow in the A.M. post 40!

I always run slow. In a hurry?

> Nah. I suggest a "good" theologian instead.

Does the Marquis DeSade fill the bill?

> My great grandmother :)

We went together some years back - nice lady. :)

-DougF

Goals : minimise impact of foie gras, saumon fumé etc on my belly-wobble
coefficient over the "festive" season.

Getting faster surprisingly quickly, despite yet another pound of lard
to drag around. Two speed sessions and a race this week. Have gained
more than 2 minutes on ~8k cross countries, as compared to "metronome"
club members, during the last month. Back up to performance levels of 3
years ago.

Mon 0:45 7k 5mi Easy on grass in park near work.

Tue 0:51 10k 6mi 27' up, 3x1000/300 in 3'45/2', 7' down

Wed 1:41 14k 9mi Base endurance on trails by river

Thu 0:48 9k 5mi 25' up, 15x150/70 in 30"/30", 10' down

Fri REST
Sat REST

Sun 1:00 13k 8mi 28" up,drills,lines. 7825m in 32'19 at county
cross country championship. Club placed 2nd
in veterans team category.
____________________
Tote 5:00 53k 33mi

>We went together some years back - nice lady. :)
>
>-DougF

Yep, Doug was 16, she was 87, and they said it'd never work, but she converted
Doug to "our team" for several months before she turned to dust as he humped
her.

Lance sounds like you need a holiday break. Like me, you could join the
slacker/jogger ranks for a month or so at least. Why a Spring marathon
anyway? If you must plough ahead, what about adopting Donnie's 2-a-days
instead of trying to finish that illusive 9 miler. Even better find a way
to do some of 'em inside.

You're not alone - sub 40f winter running sucks and is unnatural! Winter is
a time to lay up in the igloo watching the northern lights with your woman,
eating cached food and contemplating the Spring return of the herd... Us
moronic modern ppls with our ir-regard for the seasons and for our food
sources and all the natural rhythms - pity on us when the supply lines are
cut, bringing us back into stark reality.

-T

Lanceandrew wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
>Sunday-10K Race, 40:12 : 6:29min/mile and not good enough to crack the top

200
>runners. Very humbling. Some cherry picking would do wonders for bruised

ego
>for sure.
>Mon-DNR
>Tue-DNR
>Wed-4 Miles
>Thur-4 Miles
>Fri-4 Miles
>Sat-4 Miles
>
>I've been a weather weenie all week. Today I waited for the warm point of

the
>day to run....saw it was 35F. Reflected how at the US Olympic Marathon

Trials
>in B'ham, AL,...it was 35 F at the start and every single one of those guys
>wore gloves and caps at the start...and as the day warmed up...it never

warmed
>up enough as those guys kept those caps and gloves on through the entire

race.

>Inspired by those chaps in only a singlet & shorts, knit gloves and no

cap...I
>journeyed out on my 9 miler run and once again weenied out at 4 miles and
>called it a day. I'm falling into a bad pattern here.
>
>Goals: Still trying to decide between Big Sur Marathon (which is close to
>selling out) and Boston. I'm giving myself till the end of the year...and

it
>will probably come down to a coin flip.
>
>I gotta make sure I don't gradually tail off in my training w/Winter
>weather...like so many do.
>

>Lance sounds like you need a holiday break. Like me, you could join the
>slacker/jogger ranks for a month or so at least. Why a Spring marathon
>anyway? If you must plough ahead, what about adopting Donnie's 2-a-days
>instead of trying to finish that illusive 9 miler. Even better find a way
>to do some of 'em inside.
>
>You're not alone - sub 40f winter running sucks and is unnatural! Winter is
>a time to lay up in the igloo watching the northern lights with your woman,
>eating cached food and contemplating the Spring return of the herd... Us
>moronic modern ppls with our ir-regard for the seasons and for our food
>sources and all the natural rhythms - pity on us when the supply lines are
>cut, bringing us back into stark reality.
>
>-T

Tony, you can explain all you want to, he doesn't even have a GED, so he can't
understand you anyway.

Goals: Run some x-c races over the next couple of months. 1st ultra in March

Mon: 8 miles
Tue: dnr, bad cold
Wed: dnr, bad cold
Thurs: 5 miles
Fri: 8 miles
Sat: dnr
Sun: 8 miles

Total: 29 miles

--
Colm

"SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

M: AM 3.8mi gallowalking (walk 10min, run 2x15min w/3min walk in
between), PM 6.84mi elliptical (1 hr)

T: AM 4.6mi gallowalking (walk 5min, run 2x20min w/3min walk break),
PM 7.3mi elliptical (1 hr)

W: off

R: AM 4.3mi gallowalking (same routine as Tuesday), PM 7.27mi
elliptical (1 hr)