Training Week Ending February 19, 2006

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by SwStudio, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. SwStudio

    SwStudio Guest

    Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    week and goals.

    cheers,
    --
    David Hirsh, director
    www.urbanburn.com - half marathon, full throttle!

    Tags:

  2. joe positive

    joe positive Guest

    SwStudio wrote:

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    goals: big miles, hopefully not all of them slow. Upcoming races: 15K Feb
    25; (possibly) 5K March 11; marathon March 19.

    M: AM 9.11mi (8:57), PM 5mi (8:37)
    T: 12.1mi incl 16x400 w/150m rest, 1:29 avg. supposed to do 20, bailed at 16
    to spare the calf.
    W: 15mi (8:55)
    R: AM 9mi (8:50), PM 5mi (8:53)
    F: AM 6mi (8:37) incl 10 x 100m strides, PM 8.11mi (8:13)
    Sa: 22mi (8:44), legs were like concrete, didn't attempt any MP stuff
    Su: 4mi (9:09), slow but recovering

    total: 95.3 miles

    clown
    lance!

    This week could have gone better. I've run upper 80s for weeks at a time,
    and few low-90s weeks too, so I didn't think this would be much more than a
    way to boost my mileage PR. But some unexpected obligations
    (badly-scheduled meetings, mostly) along with the usual heavy work schedule
    made it harder to get the some of the runs in, and I was in sleep deficit
    early on in the week. Tuesday's road repeats went well up through item 14,
    then my calf started to tighten up, so I bagged after 16 400s. Friday
    evening I met a much-faster running-club friend for an easy 8, and in
    Jacobellisean fashion I kept up with his pace, which was too fast for me to
    call easy and much too fast for the night before a hard 22-miler. That
    method air caught me out the next morning, and I knew after the first few
    miles there was no way I could run any of it at marathon pace. Both legs
    hurt from top to bottom every step of the way, I kid you not. This morning
    felt better but I kept it very slow. I feel kind of bad about missing the
    MP part of Saturday's run, but there's not much to do but move on.

    good week all

    Karen

    --
    live! vicariously!

  3. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > goals: big miles, hopefully not all of them slow. Upcoming races: 15K
    > Feb 25; (possibly) 5K March 11; marathon March 19.
    >
    > M: AM 9.11mi (8:57), PM 5mi (8:37)
    > T: 12.1mi incl 16x400 w/150m rest, 1:29 avg. supposed to do 20, bailed
    > at 16 to spare the calf.
    > W: 15mi (8:55)
    > R: AM 9mi (8:50), PM 5mi (8:53)
    > F: AM 6mi (8:37) incl 10 x 100m strides, PM 8.11mi (8:13)
    > Sa: 22mi (8:44), legs were like concrete, didn't attempt any MP stuff
    > Su: 4mi (9:09), slow but recovering
    >
    > total: 95.3 miles

    Awesome week, Karen. Do you ever done a 2-a-day the day before a long run?
    How much time elapsed between your Friday night 8-miler and your Saturday
    22-miler? I've never tried 2-a-days (I'm not sure if I ever will, unless I
    start doing 70+ mile weeks), so I don't know if only 12 or so hours rest
    between efforts would cause the concrete legs.

    --
    Phil M.

  4. SwStudio wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    M-1:20 LR, experimenting with fueling-some raisins pre-run, water
    during run.... will likely need some gel and/or sport drink as the
    mileage adds up.
    T-rest, core workout
    W-:45+ run, will increase this to about 1:00. went at "easy" but strong
    pace
    Th-rest, core workout
    F-:45 tempo run, fast 2nd half
    S-:50 swim, included intervals and :25 continuous swim
    Su-rest, core workout today

    Goals: half marathon in May, Olympic distance triathlon in Aug. (1.5k
    swim, 36k bike, 10k run)

    happy training, all,

    Cam

  5. Parker Race

    Parker Race Guest

    M: 3 easy on the tread mill
    T: 8 with 10 X 3:00 at 5k pace 2 minute rest
    W: 6.5 easy
    TH: 8 with 2 X 20 min @HM pace, on trails weating shorts and singlet!
    F: off
    Sa: 7.5 easy
    Su: 15 on trails but not in shorts and singlet :(

    total: 48

    goals:
    continue to lose weight and get to sub 180 by Spring,
    184 today
    4 miler on March 11th
    Possible - Oleksak 1/2 Marathon endo of March
    a couple of other 5k and 5 mile races in April, May
    Masters 10k in April (the course from hell)
    Vermont City Marathon - May 27th

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,
    > --
    > David Hirsh, director
    > www.urbanburn.com - half marathon, full throttle!
    > www.absolutelyaccurate.com - Hamilton's summer series!

  6. marko

    marko Guest

    SwStudio a écrit :
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    day km mi time time/km time/mi type feel %HR
    Tue 16 9.9 01h14' 4'39" 7:29 E \o/
    Wed 1 0.6 00h30' 30'00" 48:23 SW :)
    Thu 8.8 5.5 00h46' 5'17" 8:31 R :) 76
    Fri 16 9.9 01h13' 4'35" 7:23 E \o/ 79
    Sat 11 6.8 00h54' 4'58" 7:59 REC :-( 75
    Sun 31.5 19.6 02h33' 4'52" 7:50 E :-| 78
    week 7 : 84 km 52 mi 07h12'
    last 8 weeks' average : 66 km 41 mi 05h13'
    year : 451 km 280 mi 36h29'

    good week back to training although I'm not in the same kind of shape I
    was in before my injury.
    I'm not following any kind of structured plan, just getting some
    inspiration from pfitzinger/douglas 12 weeks, 55mpw.
    on Thu did 10*110m in about 20/22" with 90m rec
    this sunday, a good long run, although slow, due to some fatigue from
    last week's skiing, and heavy rains/mud.
    I'll try to get in a tempo run this upcoming week as I'm supposed to run
    a HM in 2 weeks...

    Goals :
    lose 2 pounds, continue with 80+ kmpw, run some tempos.
    march 5th HM : sub 84
    april 9th M : sub 3

  7. Tony S.

    Tony S. Guest

    mon: off
    tues: 0:45 ran soft snow
    0:25 mtn biked
    wed: 0:32 ran soft snow
    0:43 biked hills, 800' climb
    thur: 0:10 ran, bagged it early, body achey
    fri: 0:43 ran easy
    sat: off
    sun: 1:14 ran trails moderate, 1280' climb

    This was kind of a rest week for me after a steady increase in volume and
    long run time over the last 6 weeks starting from a month off. Thursday had
    my knees sore from running on snow, but for some reason my whole body was
    achey, so I just bagged it. Last weekend I overdid it a little with the long
    run combined with too much snow shoveling and skiing the next day.

    Goals: SLEEP BETTER, run 5 days a week, adding volume slowly, lose more
    weight, longer trail runs as the weather gets warmer; escarpment trail run
    in July.

    What a difference a week makes:
    today: http://i1.tinypic.com/o5rpuh.jpg
    last week: http://i1.tinypic.com/nosd1g.jpg

    -Tony

  8. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    Day Mi Type
    Mon 0.00 rest
    Tue 5.00 easy (abs, weights)
    Wed 8.73 3 up, 5 @ LT
    Thu 5.27 easy (abs)
    Fri 9.00 aerobic
    Sat 5.09 easy (abs, weights)
    Sun 12.00 medium long
    Week 45 (5,555' climb)
    Year 427

    Training:
    Week 12 of 20-week training plan. Took a light week this week in
    preparation for next Saturday's 50k. I'm not doing a full

    taper because the goal race isn't until April. Nonetheless, I feel like I
    should cut back somewhat for a 31-mile run, even if

    I'm not racing it.

    Events:

    2/25/06 Silver Comet Ultra Run 50k, Rockmart Georgia
    http://www.tynesweb.com/guts/e-scur.html
    I'm using this as a long training run for the 50-miler. This is a fast
    course so I'll try hard to hold back. I'm going to try to stay slower
    than 9:00 miles.

    4/15/06 McNaughton Park Trail Runs, Pekin Illinois
    http://tinyurl.com/avp9c
    After the 50K my training will have to incorporate more hilly trails.
    It's hard to believe but even though this is in Illinois (known for
    being pancake flat), there are lots of hills on this course, as pictured
    here http://tinyurl.com/gm3my. Also a few stream crossings, but they
    look pretty tame http://tinyurl.com/hnayd. At any rate, it should be
    fun!

    Have a great week rec.runners.

    --
    Phil M.

    "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can
    go." -T.S. Eliot

  9. joe positive

    joe positive Guest

    Phil M. wrote:

    > Awesome week, Karen. Do you ever done a 2-a-day the day before a long run?

    Probably, maybe once or twice. But it never hit me like this one did.

    > How much time elapsed between your Friday night 8-miler and your Saturday
    > 22-miler? I've never tried 2-a-days (I'm not sure if I ever will, unless I
    > start doing 70+ mile weeks), so I don't know if only 12 or so hours rest
    > between efforts would cause the concrete legs.

    I think there was about 12 hours between the Friday night run and the
    Saturday morning run. When I run doubles during the week that's what it
    usually works out to. I think the concrete legs were from 1) running too
    fast Friday night for what I was trying to do, and 2) running on concrete
    itself (we ran on a bunch of sidewalks Friday night).

    The legs feel better today. We'll see what they're like after another easy
    day.

    Karen

    --
    live! vicariously!

  10. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Sun: 28 (10:26)
    Mon: 6
    Tue: 12
    Wed: 8
    Thu: 12
    Fri: 7
    Sat: OFF

    Total: 73 miles

    All runs at easy pace ( 9:30-11:00 per mile )

    Goals: lose weight; prepare for a possible spring marathon

  11. SwStudio wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    Best week yet!!!

    Mon: weights & core work
    Tue: 2.5 mi run
    Wed: weights & core work
    Thur: 2.0 mi hill run
    Fri: no workout
    Sat: 2.0 mi run, weights & core work
    Sun: 5 mi run (my longest!)

    Total mileage this week: 11.5 mi, total mileage for 2006: 53.25 mi

    All 4 runs felt great, the hill one being the toughest. But, I live in
    downtown San Francisco and I had better get used to running hills;
    there's only a couple runs I can take with going uphill at all.

    Sunday's run was really good. Tough, but good. I went down Post to
    Market to the Embarcadero to Aquatic Park, out to the long pier and
    back around to Fisherman's Wharf, where I did some shopping at Trader
    Joe's. I love multi-tasking!!! : D

    btw, TJ's corn salsa is to DIE FOR!!! I had salmon tacos for dinner and
    could have eaten the whole jar...

    Martha

  12. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Goals: Build base and run injury free.
    National Cross Country Race 24 Feb

    Mon: 8k easy grass, 30' bike
    Tue: 5k easy
    Wed: 16k track session in pouring rain
    Ran most at about 5:00/k (8:00/mile)
    Thu: off
    Fri: 13k including 4 x 1800m loops on grass
    in 9:10/ 7:34/ 7:20/ 7:09
    Sat: off
    Sun: 8k grass easy, 30' bike.

    Total: 50km (31 miles)

    Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

  13. Coffee Time

    Coffee Time Guest

    30 or so miles
    jan/feb is hard for me.
    12 bike and rest hike.
    thing found on road.
    woman wallet with all her family S.S. cards and checks and bank cards.
    No scratch.
    looks like she Do the math.
    and after 2 years she found the last $1,000.00 and $326.00 put her in
    the whole by $256.00 or so..she threw it out the window.......

    only 2 big money thing in 2 years. maybe a 401 plain.

    and a calendar time date world thing made of electronics.

    I broke thru the ice next to a bever hut. in the cat tails
    trails.....with in a second my sweats and boot was solid ice.still is.
    and had to terra forma off the ice this day....like key stone cops. and
    me 250 pounds...... only hafe the craks each step.
    went off trail and came onto a tampond on a tree. well half
    one.....Ewwwwwwwwwwww eeeeeeeeeee No prints.
    other power line or telle line.

    found a mans print were he can just stop cold on the trails and no other
    prints he piss'es.....snow mobiles. and may;be a round sled.. walks out
    of new home with lock ke thing and closed fence area.maybe carry a bag
    and sled and well ice on boot or shoe and a sweats.....still ice...hee
    hee hee.wasen't me......Dang............
    were he creaks and streams he re appears and disappears.
    and all so changes into a deer some times too......

    no not a rabbit..... a deer......

    terra forma on crakeing ice..Not cool................ this was cat
    tails and mud is deeper then water......not cool......evil.....

    :) Biking year round:)
    :) Hiking year round:)
    :) Trails are so cool:)
    :>) What else is there?:>)

  14. PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHO

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:00:08 -0500, [email protected] (Coffee
    Time) wrote:

    >30 or so miles
    >jan/feb is hard for me.
    >12 bike and rest hike.
    >thing found on road.
    >woman wallet with all her family S.S. cards and checks and bank cards.
    >No scratch.
    >looks like she Do the math.
    >and after 2 years she found the last $1,000.00 and $326.00 put her in
    >the whole by $256.00 or so..she threw it out the window.......
    >
    >only 2 big money thing in 2 years. maybe a 401 plain.
    >
    >and a calendar time date world thing made of electronics.
    >
    >I broke thru the ice next to a bever hut. in the cat tails
    >trails.....with in a second my sweats and boot was solid ice.still is.
    >and had to terra forma off the ice this day....like key stone cops. and
    >me 250 pounds...... only hafe the craks each step.
    >went off trail and came onto a tampond on a tree. well half
    >one.....Ewwwwwwwwwwww eeeeeeeeeee No prints.
    >other power line or telle line.
    >
    >found a mans print were he can just stop cold on the trails and no other
    >prints he piss'es.....snow mobiles. and may;be a round sled.. walks out
    >of new home with lock ke thing and closed fence area.maybe carry a bag
    >and sled and well ice on boot or shoe and a sweats.....still ice...hee
    >hee hee.wasen't me......Dang............
    >were he creaks and streams he re appears and disappears.
    > and all so changes into a deer some times too......
    >
    >no not a rabbit..... a deer......
    >
    >terra forma on crakeing ice..Not cool................ this was cat
    >tails and mud is deeper then water......not cool......evil.....
    >
    > :) Biking year round:)
    > :) Hiking year round:)
    > :) Trails are so cool:)
    > :>) What else is there?:>)

  15. Coffee Time

    Coffee Time Guest

    oh I am sorry. I well get on my bike and go find work sir......because
    why.

    you said I can work......

    :) Biking year round:)
    :) Hiking year round:)
    :) Trails are so cool:)
    :>) What else is there?:>)

  16. Coffee Time

    Coffee Time Guest

    they evan took my map to my ultra run.
    to build a golf corse.

    :) Biking year round:)
    :) Hiking year round:)
    :) Trails are so cool:)
    :>) What else is there?:>)

  17. Tim Downie

    Tim Downie Guest

    steve common wrote:
    > "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    >> week and goals.

    > Goal : PB marathon this year - probably in the Autumn

    <snip>

    That's what you said last time! ;-)

    Seems to be a bit of double posting happening Steve. Computer or brain
    trouble?

    Tim

  18. steve common

    steve common Guest

    "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Seems to be a bit of double posting happening Steve. Computer or brain
    >trouble?

    Neither (well, the brain is always a problem :). I noticed some typos in
    the figures just after I posted, so I canceled the previous post and
    reposted a corrected version.

    It seems you were quick off the draw (or the cancels aren't being handled
    correctly / promptly by all the news relays in the world) and managed to
    download the original post before I killed it.

  19. 55.45 NY and Philadelphia east coast miles, as

    Mo: 3.55 slow pace but moderate effort through the ice and snow of the
    weekend blizzard. Woo-hoo, I get to wear the IceBugs this winter.

    Tu: 3.65 easy, still a bit snowy and slushy but back to regular shoes

    We: 10.0 incl 8 x 35" strides and 20' around MP

    Th: 5.0 easy

    Fr: AM - 10.0 incl 10 x 20" strides and 3.35 mi tempo (~HMP), temp 55F
    PM - 3.55 easy recovery, windchill 28F

    Sa: 4.7 easy self-guided tour of Philly's center city

    Su: AM - 12.0 easy, in Philly's Fairmount Park up and down the
    Schuylkill River. Good spot for a run, and lots of folks out doing so
    despite the 21 degree (my estimate) windchill. Kelvin. Wanted to put
    in 15 but running late for brunch reservation.
    PM - 3.0 recovery on hotel dreadmill plus mile on rowing machine.

    Enjoying a weekend getaway. Seem to be more better running options
    here than NYC (which is second only to Saint Petersburg, Russia in my
    experience to date for "worst running city in the world"... though of
    course it's good for _racing_ what with all the clubs, talent, and
    races). And - you betcha - plenty of good food and Ye Olde Easte
    Coaste culture, as opposed to those west coast well-tanned barbarians.

    Upcoming:
    - I'd love to beat lance at a 2006 race and watch him declare victory
    - 4 miler in one week
    - start reps training week of 5 Mar
    - Brooklyn 1/2 marathon 18 Mar
    - big races = Boilermaker 9 July; fall 42k NYCM or maybe later race

  20. >- I'd love to beat lance at a 2006 race and watch him declare victory
    _________

    .....and this is your attempt of humor in how i stated i outperformed
    donovan in the context of AG scoring? you're saying you will beat me
    on time, but not in the AG rankings, and i will assert
    victory?...that's essentially the crux of humor?

    you elected to publicly personally challenge me to a race on April 2, a
    10K. i accepted your challenge and asked what we're putting on the
    line....and suggested $1K....you were then the predictable "Brooklyn
    Dodger". Though you initiated the challenge....you shut up, were
    silent, dodged response.

    Scotland 10K, April 2 Pendejo...that's the race you challenged me.
    Runner that comes in second between us buys the victor a pair of
    running shoes of his choice not to exceed $100. Fair enough?

    I'm just responding to you Pendejo....and if you want to know when I am
    next racing again so much....answer up and give me a reason to line up
    and race. You know my history....if I could race...believe me I
    would. But my 80-85% & BMI of 26 and age of 5 years older than you is
    nonetheless still beyond your reach....on time.

    You're an honorable man....all you gotta do is say the wager is
    accepted...I'm sure you'll honor it, as will I. Whaddaya Say?