Training Week Ending February 19, 2006

SwStudio wrote:

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

goals: big miles, hopefully not all of them slow. Upcoming races: 15K Feb
25; (possibly) 5K March 11; marathon March 19.

M: AM 9.11mi (8:57), PM 5mi (8:37)
T: 12.1mi incl 16x400 w/150m rest, 1:29 avg. supposed to do 20, bailed at 16
to spare the calf.
W: 15mi (8:55)
R: AM 9mi (8:50), PM 5mi (8:53)
F: AM 6mi (8:37) incl 10 x 100m strides, PM 8.11mi (8:13)
Sa: 22mi (8:44), legs were like concrete, didn't attempt any MP stuff
Su: 4mi (9:09), slow but recovering

total: 95.3 miles

clown
lance!

This week could have gone better. I've run upper 80s for weeks at a time,
and few low-90s weeks too, so I didn't think this would be much more than a
way to boost my mileage PR. But some unexpected obligations
(badly-scheduled meetings, mostly) along with the usual heavy work schedule
made it harder to get the some of the runs in, and I was in sleep deficit
early on in the week. Tuesday's road repeats went well up through item 14,
then my calf started to tighten up, so I bagged after 16 400s. Friday
evening I met a much-faster running-club friend for an easy 8, and in
Jacobellisean fashion I kept up with his pace, which was too fast for me to
call easy and much too fast for the night before a hard 22-miler. That
method air caught me out the next morning, and I knew after the first few
miles there was no way I could run any of it at marathon pace. Both legs
hurt from top to bottom every step of the way, I kid you not. This morning
felt better but I kept it very slow. I feel kind of bad about missing the
MP part of Saturday's run, but there's not much to do but move on.

good week all

Karen

--
live! vicariously!

[email protected] wrote:

> goals: big miles, hopefully not all of them slow. Upcoming races: 15K
> Feb 25; (possibly) 5K March 11; marathon March 19.
>
> M: AM 9.11mi (8:57), PM 5mi (8:37)
> T: 12.1mi incl 16x400 w/150m rest, 1:29 avg. supposed to do 20, bailed
> at 16 to spare the calf.
> W: 15mi (8:55)
> R: AM 9mi (8:50), PM 5mi (8:53)
> F: AM 6mi (8:37) incl 10 x 100m strides, PM 8.11mi (8:13)
> Sa: 22mi (8:44), legs were like concrete, didn't attempt any MP stuff
> Su: 4mi (9:09), slow but recovering
>
> total: 95.3 miles

Awesome week, Karen. Do you ever done a 2-a-day the day before a long run?
How much time elapsed between your Friday night 8-miler and your Saturday
22-miler? I've never tried 2-a-days (I'm not sure if I ever will, unless I
start doing 70+ mile weeks), so I don't know if only 12 or so hours rest
between efforts would cause the concrete legs.

--
Phil M.

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

M-1:20 LR, experimenting with fueling-some raisins pre-run, water
during run.... will likely need some gel and/or sport drink as the
mileage adds up.
T-rest, core workout
W-:45+ run, will increase this to about 1:00. went at "easy" but strong
pace
Th-rest, core workout
F-:45 tempo run, fast 2nd half
S-:50 swim, included intervals and :25 continuous swim
Su-rest, core workout today

Goals: half marathon in May, Olympic distance triathlon in Aug. (1.5k
swim, 36k bike, 10k run)

happy training, all,

Cam

M: 3 easy on the tread mill
T: 8 with 10 X 3:00 at 5k pace 2 minute rest
W: 6.5 easy
TH: 8 with 2 X 20 min @HM pace, on trails weating shorts and singlet!
F: off
Sa: 7.5 easy
Su: 15 on trails but not in shorts and singlet :(

total: 48

goals:
continue to lose weight and get to sub 180 by Spring,
184 today
4 miler on March 11th
Possible - Oleksak 1/2 Marathon endo of March
a couple of other 5k and 5 mile races in April, May
Masters 10k in April (the course from hell)
Vermont City Marathon - May 27th

news:[email protected]...

SwStudio a écrit :
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

day km mi time time/km time/mi type feel %HR
Tue 16 9.9 01h14' 4'39" 7:29 E \o/
Wed 1 0.6 00h30' 30'00" 48:23 SW :)
Thu 8.8 5.5 00h46' 5'17" 8:31 R :) 76
Fri 16 9.9 01h13' 4'35" 7:23 E \o/ 79
Sat 11 6.8 00h54' 4'58" 7:59 REC :-( 75
Sun 31.5 19.6 02h33' 4'52" 7:50 E :-| 78
week 7 : 84 km 52 mi 07h12'
last 8 weeks' average : 66 km 41 mi 05h13'
year : 451 km 280 mi 36h29'

good week back to training although I'm not in the same kind of shape I
was in before my injury.
I'm not following any kind of structured plan, just getting some
inspiration from pfitzinger/douglas 12 weeks, 55mpw.
on Thu did 10*110m in about 20/22" with 90m rec
this sunday, a good long run, although slow, due to some fatigue from
last week's skiing, and heavy rains/mud.
I'll try to get in a tempo run this upcoming week as I'm supposed to run
a HM in 2 weeks...

Goals :
lose 2 pounds, continue with 80+ kmpw, run some tempos.
march 5th HM : sub 84
april 9th M : sub 3

mon: off
tues: 0:45 ran soft snow
0:25 mtn biked
wed: 0:32 ran soft snow
0:43 biked hills, 800' climb
thur: 0:10 ran, bagged it early, body achey
fri: 0:43 ran easy
sat: off
sun: 1:14 ran trails moderate, 1280' climb

This was kind of a rest week for me after a steady increase in volume and
long run time over the last 6 weeks starting from a month off. Thursday had
my knees sore from running on snow, but for some reason my whole body was
achey, so I just bagged it. Last weekend I overdid it a little with the long
run combined with too much snow shoveling and skiing the next day.

Goals: SLEEP BETTER, run 5 days a week, adding volume slowly, lose more
weight, longer trail runs as the weather gets warmer; escarpment trail run
in July.

What a difference a week makes:
today: http://i1.tinypic.com/o5rpuh.jpg
last week: http://i1.tinypic.com/nosd1g.jpg

-Tony

[email protected] wrote:

> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

Day Mi Type
Mon 0.00 rest
Tue 5.00 easy (abs, weights)
Wed 8.73 3 up, 5 @ LT
Thu 5.27 easy (abs)
Fri 9.00 aerobic
Sat 5.09 easy (abs, weights)
Sun 12.00 medium long
Week 45 (5,555' climb)
Year 427

Training:
Week 12 of 20-week training plan. Took a light week this week in
preparation for next Saturday's 50k. I'm not doing a full

taper because the goal race isn't until April. Nonetheless, I feel like I
should cut back somewhat for a 31-mile run, even if

I'm not racing it.

Events:

2/25/06 Silver Comet Ultra Run 50k, Rockmart Georgia
http://www.tynesweb.com/guts/e-scur.html
I'm using this as a long training run for the 50-miler. This is a fast
course so I'll try hard to hold back. I'm going to try to stay slower
than 9:00 miles.

4/15/06 McNaughton Park Trail Runs, Pekin Illinois
http://tinyurl.com/avp9c
After the 50K my training will have to incorporate more hilly trails.
It's hard to believe but even though this is in Illinois (known for
being pancake flat), there are lots of hills on this course, as pictured
here http://tinyurl.com/gm3my. Also a few stream crossings, but they
look pretty tame http://tinyurl.com/hnayd. At any rate, it should be
fun!

Have a great week rec.runners.

--
Phil M.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can
go." -T.S. Eliot

Phil M. wrote:

> Awesome week, Karen. Do you ever done a 2-a-day the day before a long run?

Probably, maybe once or twice. But it never hit me like this one did.

> How much time elapsed between your Friday night 8-miler and your Saturday
> 22-miler? I've never tried 2-a-days (I'm not sure if I ever will, unless I
> start doing 70+ mile weeks), so I don't know if only 12 or so hours rest
> between efforts would cause the concrete legs.

I think there was about 12 hours between the Friday night run and the
Saturday morning run. When I run doubles during the week that's what it
usually works out to. I think the concrete legs were from 1) running too
fast Friday night for what I was trying to do, and 2) running on concrete
itself (we ran on a bunch of sidewalks Friday night).

The legs feel better today. We'll see what they're like after another easy
day.

Karen

--
live! vicariously!

Sun: 28 (10:26)
Mon: 6
Tue: 12
Wed: 8
Thu: 12
Fri: 7
Sat: OFF

Total: 73 miles

All runs at easy pace ( 9:30-11:00 per mile )

Goals: lose weight; prepare for a possible spring marathon

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.

Best week yet!!!

Mon: weights & core work
Tue: 2.5 mi run
Wed: weights & core work
Thur: 2.0 mi hill run
Fri: no workout
Sat: 2.0 mi run, weights & core work
Sun: 5 mi run (my longest!)

Total mileage this week: 11.5 mi, total mileage for 2006: 53.25 mi

All 4 runs felt great, the hill one being the toughest. But, I live in
downtown San Francisco and I had better get used to running hills;
there's only a couple runs I can take with going uphill at all.

Sunday's run was really good. Tough, but good. I went down Post to
Market to the Embarcadero to Aquatic Park, out to the long pier and
back around to Fisherman's Wharf, where I did some shopping at Trader
Joe's. I love multi-tasking!!! : D

btw, TJ's corn salsa is to DIE FOR!!! I had salmon tacos for dinner and
could have eaten the whole jar...

Martha

Goals: Build base and run injury free.
National Cross Country Race 24 Feb

Mon: 8k easy grass, 30' bike
Tue: 5k easy
Wed: 16k track session in pouring rain
Ran most at about 5:00/k (8:00/mile)
Thu: off
Fri: 13k including 4 x 1800m loops on grass
in 9:10/ 7:34/ 7:20/ 7:09
Sat: off
Sun: 8k grass easy, 30' bike.

Total: 50km (31 miles)

Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

30 or so miles
jan/feb is hard for me.
12 bike and rest hike.
thing found on road.
woman wallet with all her family S.S. cards and checks and bank cards.
No scratch.
looks like she Do the math.
and after 2 years she found the last $1,000.00 and $326.00 put her in
the whole by $256.00 or so..she threw it out the window.......

only 2 big money thing in 2 years. maybe a 401 plain.

and a calendar time date world thing made of electronics.

I broke thru the ice next to a bever hut. in the cat tails
trails.....with in a second my sweats and boot was solid ice.still is.
and had to terra forma off the ice this day....like key stone cops. and
me 250 pounds...... only hafe the craks each step.
went off trail and came onto a tampond on a tree. well half
one.....Ewwwwwwwwwwww eeeeeeeeeee No prints.
other power line or telle line.

found a mans print were he can just stop cold on the trails and no other
prints he ****'es.....snow mobiles. and may;be a round sled.. walks out
of new home with lock ke thing and closed fence area.maybe carry a bag
and sled and well ice on boot or shoe and a sweats.....still ice...hee
hee hee.wasen't me......Dang............
were he creaks and streams he re appears and disappears.
and all so changes into a deer some times too......

no not a rabbit..... a deer......

terra forma on crakeing ice..Not cool................ this was cat
tails and mud is deeper then water......not cool......evil.....

:) Biking year round:)
:) Hiking year round:)
:) Trails are so cool:)
:>) What else is there?:>)

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHO

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:00:08 -0500, [email protected] (Coffee
Time) wrote:

>30 or so miles
>jan/feb is hard for me.
>12 bike and rest hike.
>thing found on road.
>woman wallet with all her family S.S. cards and checks and bank cards.
>No scratch.
>looks like she Do the math.
>and after 2 years she found the last $1,000.00 and $326.00 put her in
>the whole by $256.00 or so..she threw it out the window.......
>
>only 2 big money thing in 2 years. maybe a 401 plain.
>
>and a calendar time date world thing made of electronics.
>
>I broke thru the ice next to a bever hut. in the cat tails
>trails.....with in a second my sweats and boot was solid ice.still is.
>and had to terra forma off the ice this day....like key stone cops. and
>me 250 pounds...... only hafe the craks each step.
>went off trail and came onto a tampond on a tree. well half
>one.....Ewwwwwwwwwwww eeeeeeeeeee No prints.
>other power line or telle line.
>
>found a mans print were he can just stop cold on the trails and no other
>prints he ****'es.....snow mobiles. and may;be a round sled.. walks out
>of new home with lock ke thing and closed fence area.maybe carry a bag
>and sled and well ice on boot or shoe and a sweats.....still ice...hee
>hee hee.wasen't me......Dang............
>were he creaks and streams he re appears and disappears.
> and all so changes into a deer some times too......
>
>no not a rabbit..... a deer......
>
>terra forma on crakeing ice..Not cool................ this was cat
>tails and mud is deeper then water......not cool......evil.....
>
> :) Biking year round:)
> :) Hiking year round:)
> :) Trails are so cool:)
> :>) What else is there?:>)

oh I am sorry. I well get on my bike and go find work sir......because
why.

you said I can work......

:) Biking year round:)
:) Hiking year round:)
:) Trails are so cool:)
:>) What else is there?:>)

they evan took my map to my ultra run.
to build a golf corse.

:) Biking year round:)
:) Hiking year round:)
:) Trails are so cool:)
:>) What else is there?:>)

steve common wrote:
> "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
>> week and goals.

> Goal : PB marathon this year - probably in the Autumn

<snip>

That's what you said last time! ;-)

Seems to be a bit of double posting happening Steve. Computer or brain
trouble?

Tim

"Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Seems to be a bit of double posting happening Steve. Computer or brain
>trouble?

Neither (well, the brain is always a problem :). I noticed some typos in
the figures just after I posted, so I canceled the previous post and
reposted a corrected version.

It seems you were quick off the draw (or the cancels aren't being handled
correctly / promptly by all the news relays in the world) and managed to
download the original post before I killed it.

55.45 NY and Philadelphia east coast miles, as

Mo: 3.55 slow pace but moderate effort through the ice and snow of the
weekend blizzard. Woo-hoo, I get to wear the IceBugs this winter.

Tu: 3.65 easy, still a bit snowy and slushy but back to regular shoes

We: 10.0 incl 8 x 35" strides and 20' around MP

Th: 5.0 easy

Fr: AM - 10.0 incl 10 x 20" strides and 3.35 mi tempo (~HMP), temp 55F
PM - 3.55 easy recovery, windchill 28F

Sa: 4.7 easy self-guided tour of Philly's center city

Su: AM - 12.0 easy, in Philly's Fairmount Park up and down the
Schuylkill River. Good spot for a run, and lots of folks out doing so
despite the 21 degree (my estimate) windchill. Kelvin. Wanted to put
in 15 but running late for brunch reservation.
PM - 3.0 recovery on hotel dreadmill plus mile on rowing machine.

Enjoying a weekend getaway. Seem to be more better running options
here than NYC (which is second only to Saint Petersburg, Russia in my
experience to date for "worst running city in the world"... though of
course it's good for _racing_ what with all the clubs, talent, and
races). And - you betcha - plenty of good food and Ye Olde Easte
Coaste culture, as opposed to those west coast well-tanned barbarians.

Upcoming:
- I'd love to beat lance at a 2006 race and watch him declare victory
- 4 miler in one week
- start reps training week of 5 Mar
- Brooklyn 1/2 marathon 18 Mar
- big races = Boilermaker 9 July; fall 42k NYCM or maybe later race

>- I'd love to beat lance at a 2006 race and watch him declare victory
_________

.....and this is your attempt of humor in how i stated i outperformed
donovan in the context of AG scoring? you're saying you will beat me
on time, but not in the AG rankings, and i will assert
victory?...that's essentially the crux of humor?

you elected to publicly personally challenge me to a race on April 2, a
10K. i accepted your challenge and asked what we're putting on the
line....and suggested $1K....you were then the predictable "Brooklyn
Dodger". Though you initiated the challenge....you shut up, were
silent, dodged response.

Scotland 10K, April 2 Pendejo...that's the race you challenged me.
Runner that comes in second between us buys the victor a pair of
running shoes of his choice not to exceed $100. Fair enough?

I'm just responding to you Pendejo....and if you want to know when I am
next racing again so much....answer up and give me a reason to line up
and race. You know my history....if I could race...believe me I
would. But my 80-85% & BMI of 26 and age of 5 years older than you is
nonetheless still beyond your reach....on time.

You're an honorable man....all you gotta do is say the wager is
accepted...I'm sure you'll honor it, as will I. Whaddaya Say?