Training Week Ending February 19, 2006

steve common wrote:
> "Tim Downie" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Seems to be a bit of double posting happening Steve. Computer or
>> brain trouble?

> Neither (well, the brain is always a problem :). I noticed some
> typos in the figures just after I posted, so I canceled the previous
> post and reposted a corrected version.
>
> It seems you were quick off the draw (or the cancels aren't being
> handled correctly / promptly by all the news relays in the world) and
> managed to download the original post before I killed it.

That did occur to me after I'd posted but I couldn't be ars*d to proof read
them for typos. ;-)

FWIW, I've never known cancels to work. I think messages just propagate so
d*mn fast these days.

Tim

SwStudio wrote:
> Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
> week and goals.
> cheers,

Goals: Local Grand Prix series of races, 2 down, 8 to go. Next
is in April. But I'd like to do the AZ Distance Classic Half-M
next month. Keep doing speedwork once a week, and make it either
faster or more reps, while staying sound!

Mon: Rest Day (day after the last race)
Tues: Treadmill Speedwork. 1 mile warmup, 6 x 800 @ 7:19 pace,
with 400 "rests" at 8:57 pace. Last one was tough. total 5.5 miles.
Wed: 6.3 mi @ 8:55 pace. Nice day, felt good, no lingering stiffness.
Thu: 5.5 mi on treadmill. Very very windy outside, so watched TV
and took easy run (9:41 pace).
Fri: Rest Day and Sci Fi Friday...
Sat: 13.5 mi @ 9:23 overall pace in Sabino Canyon. Gorgeous morning.
Canyon barely has any water in it right now. It's been awhile since
I've done some serious hill work, but we did fine.
Sun: 5.52 mi @ 9:11 pace. Both of us have some stiff spots, mostly in
the glutes (him) or hams (me) from yesterday's hills. Big annoyance-
several groups of rude ATVs flying by us kicking up dust clouds.
First SNAKE out today, it was mightily ticked off from the ATVs.
This is WAY TOO EARLY for snakes to be out, it's only FEB!! Thank
you, global warming...

Total: 36.32 miles

Teresa in AZ

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHO

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:04:09 -0500, [email protected] (Coffee
Time) wrote:

>oh I am sorry. I well get on my bike and go find work sir......because
>why.
>
>you said I can work......
>
> :) Biking year round:)
> :) Hiking year round:)
> :) Trails are so cool:)
> :>) What else is there?:>)

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHO

[email protected] wrote:
> PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYCHO
>

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:06:01 -0500, [email protected] (Coffee
> Time) wrote:
>
> >they evan took my map to my ultra run.
> >to build a golf corse.
> >
> > :) Biking year round:)
> > :) Hiking year round:)
> > :) Trails are so cool:)
> > :>) What else is there?:>)

Four posts. That "gimail" beta can be tricky at times.

Here's my training week
Monday - day off
Tuesday - 5.5 miles 41:31 easy
Wednesday - 4.8miles 31:54 mid tempo
Thursday - 4.3 miles 28:00 mid tempo
Friday - day off
Saturday - 7.9 miles 54:58 mid tempo
Sunday - Foxboro ten miler 59:27 new PR
Next Sunday Hyannis Marathon Relay looking to run under 1:18:36 for
13.1miles. It's just my brother and I don't the relay, looking to run
sub 2:44.
Happy Training,
Scott

[email protected] wrote:
> But my 80-85% & BMI of 26 and age of 5 years older than you is
> nonetheless still beyond your reach....on time.

Lance, 85% AG is pretty good -- sub-34:00 in the 10K for a 42 y.o.
male. Which race was this?

"Tom B." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] wrote:
>> But my 80-85% & BMI of 26 and age of 5 years older than you is
>> nonetheless still beyond your reach....on time.

> Lance, 85% AG is pretty good -- sub-34:00 in the 10K for a 42 y.o.
> male. Which race was this?

You must be kidding, lance with a 34? maybe a 38 and that's doubtful. :)

-DF

Tom B. wrote:
> lance wrote:
>> But my 80-85% & BMI of 26 and age of 5 years older than you

> 85% AG is pretty good -- sub-34:00 in the 10K for a 42 y.o. male.

Tom, you figure that's a WAVA rating? I had taken it for a DSM-IV
score!

I suppose in context, WAVA makes more sense - especially if he meant to
say "80% of 85%".

Or maybe that's "eighty to eighty-five percent lean".

Thanks you, sir.

Sorry I'm late . . .

Mon 3.5 miles 10:08/mile 141 Avg. Heart Rate
Tue 3.5 miles 09:59/mile 147 Avg. Heart Rate
Wed 0 dnr
Thu 4.7 miles 10:15/mile 140 Avg. Heart Rate
Fri xtrain 1 hour mini trampoline 128 Avg. Heart Rate
Sat 9.4 miles 11:06/mile 141 Avg. Heart Rate
Sun 0 dnr

A few commitments got in the way of my plans this week. Plus our
lovely weather of one week ago reverted to a very cold-feeling winter
storm! There must have been snow at the place Trailrunner posted in
his mountain trail picture last week! So, only 21.1 miles for the
distance, but with the crosstraining workout and the long run Saturday
(the 9.4 miles was new distance record for me), my training intensity
was probably about par.

It looks like I'm going to have a ton of stuff to do in the coming
weeks/months to take care of closing up my Dad's house (died of cancer
in September), so I don't see how I can concentrate on race-specific
training until maybe some time in late April. I hope to get in some
long calming runs on those weekend trips.
--
Daniel
[email protected]

'how bout we end the jokes, the avoidance, the diversion Pendejo?
you've chosen to spout off twice now, i've answered you each
time.....and you're _silent_.

you choose to: 1) challenge me in a race; and 2) mock me in the effort
of humor.

that's cool, all well and good....except you are repeatedly _silent_
when i step up to your challenge. if you're going to talk the talk
Pendejo....how about a response to the wager? I think it's rather clear
as to why I refer to you as the "Brooklyn Dodger"...

>You must be kidding, lance with a 34? maybe a 38 and that's doubtful. :)

-DF
___________________

About 9 months ago I ran a 39:27 on a tough hilly central park course.
Whaddaya think given a flat course?

The point? (other than the one on top of Doug's head).....the point is
Pendejo is _silent_ for a reason. Pendejo knows he spouted off a bit
too much...and that though by far not recovered from injury...my
80%-85% is beyond his reach on his best day.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >You must be kidding, lance with a 34? maybe a 38 and that's doubtful.
> >:)

> -DF
> ___________________
>
> About 9 months ago I ran a 39:27 on a tough hilly central park course.
> Whaddaya think given a flat course?

Answered above maybe 38 with the wind at your back and down hill. I'm
not convinced you know how to train to get the most out of yourself.

> The point? (other than the one on top of Doug's head).....the point is
> Pendejo is _silent_ for a reason. Pendejo knows he spouted off a bit
> too much...and that though by far not recovered from injury...my
> 80%-85% is beyond his reach on his best day.

I love how you pick your fights. When backed into a bet over the
Escarpment Trail race you went into tearful hissy fit. Why do you always
want to compare using WAVA , BMI and eye color. Trying to adjust the
odds in your favor? Mano y mano or zip it up!!!

-DF

Doug Freese wrote:
> I'm not convinced you know how to train to get the most out of yourself.
>
> [...]
>
> I love how you pick your fights.

'Tis odd, ain't it. He's quick to disparage trail runners, when we all
pretty well know he's never really gonna compete in that milieu (1)
He's always eager to claim the road race front runners, at over a
minute per mile faster than him, as "competition". And now he wants to
challenge a much less experienced runner who's around 25 seconds per
mile slower. (2)

To the casual observer, it almost looks as though the runner who scares
him the most, the one he's unwilling to engage in balls-out challenge,
is himself.

(1) If he actually completes the Escarpment trail race, let alone a
trail ultra, I'll eat my ... chorizo.

(2) But gaining, count on it.

[email protected] wrote:
> >You must be kidding, lance with a 34? maybe a 38 and that's doubtful. :)

> -DF
> ___________________
>
> About 9 months ago I ran a 39:27 on a tough hilly central park course.
> Whaddaya think given a flat course?

I think 10K is 10K.

According to: http://misweb.cbi.msstate.edu/~rpearson/masters.html ,
your 39:27 equates to around 73% for a WAVA age-graded score.

> The point? (other than the one on top of Doug's head).....the point is
> Pendejo is _silent_ for a reason. Pendejo knows he spouted off a bit
> too much...and that though by far not recovered from injury...my
> 80%-85% is beyond his reach on his best day.

OK, let me reiterate my question. In which race did you post the 85%
WAVA score? Did you round up from the 73% in your aforementioned
Central Park 10K?

>When backed into a bet over the
Escarpment Trail race you went into tearful hissy fit.
___

I will be at your race in July Doug...and you and Tony S can both have
the same bet. Me v. Tony S....the victor buys the other a new pair of
running shoes not to exceed $100. Fair and gentlemenly enough? I
offer that to Tony, I offer that to you too Doug.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom B. the 80%-85% is nothing more than a reference to normal
> physical
> state. I could not run for over 100 days...and am now rehab'ing back.

And now we prep for the excuses - yawn. Run yer mouth after you are
healthy. All this, "When I grow up I'm gonna do X or Y stuff " is
getting old. The past is the past. The real question, how well or poor
will you do this year?

-DF

[email protected] wrote:

>a tough hilly central park course.

Mottram's 28:28 in 2005 suggest this is not "tough", just "not flat".

>Whaddaya think given a flat course?

On a world-record class course, maybe 38:30.

Pendejo, why the silence? You're the one who stepped out and chose to
challenge me in a race. You told me the date, you told me how simple
it was for me to be there and race you. I accepted the challenge with
clarification on the wager at hand. You were silent when I suggest
$1K. Okay...now I've down graded to a new pair of running shoes...and
still....Pendejo is silent.

You talk the talk....but you're silent when it comes to solidifying the
challenge and wager at hand. I initiated none of this....this is an
invention of yours Pendejo.....now you won't respond. Why is that?
What are you afraid of? Pendejo....we scrap it up on this ng...me,
doug, tony, donnie, Trunner, Common, even tim in the UK....but none of
us dodge, avoid, and evade our words....except you.

You Pendejo talk.,......then hide. I can respect Tony, Trailrunner,
Doug, etc....because they don't hide from their words.....like you do
Pendejo. You talk all that BS, tell me the race, date, etc....then
when it comes to the wager......you're silent.

How about having your actions beng congruent with your words Pendejo?
This is why you are the "Brooklyn Dodger". You talk...then hide....a
real competitor.