Training Week Ending February 22, 2004

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Swstudio, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

    Tags:

  2. C.G.

    C.G. Guest

    Goals: Connemarathon 28th March, improve pace.

    Mon: 11.5 miles Tue: dnr Wed: dnr Thurs: 8 miles Fri: 8 miles Sat: dnr Sun: 12.5 miles
    Total: 40 miles

    --
    Colm

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

  3. Kirk Leach

    Kirk Leach Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    2004 goals: 30 miles per week, lose 20 pounds, start doing speed work, get some PRs

    Mon.: 4.5 @ 9:00 per Wed.: 4 @ 9:00 per (mix of speed work and walking) Fri: 5 @ 9:14 per Sat: 4 @
    9:06 per Sun: 6.5 @ 9:21 per

    Total Miles: 24 Weekly Avg. for year: 20.5

  4. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

  5. SwStudio

    SwStudio Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Goals: March 28 - ATB30k, 1:57 to 1:59, depending on weather. May 16 - Mississauga Marathon, sub
    2:50, if the weather is good.

    I'm running two half marathons in a row on Feb. 28 and Mar. 7, as hard training runs for the
    above races.

    M - off T - 25km (first 22k @ 4:00/km, last 3k @ 3:43/km , 1km cool down W - 6km recovery on
    treadmill (7mph) elliptical trainer routine: ("running" 2min, no hands 2min, no hands + eyes closed
    min) x 4 weights and stretching T - off F - threshold work: 2min (3:40/km) --->3min (4:40/km) x 8
    3km up, 3km down, stretching S - treadmill: (2min @ 1% incline, 4% incline, 8% incline - 8mph) x 3
    3km up , 1km down, weights and stretching S - speed (treadmill): 2min (12mph) --->3min (7mph) x 6
    3km up, 3km down

    Total: 67km (41.6 miles)

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

  6. Marisa

    Marisa Guest

    Training for Med-City Marathon (05/30)

    Monday: 6 miles (56:08) Tuesday: 4.1 miles (37:10) Wednesday: 4 miles (36:05) + UB weights Thursday:
    XT (35 min. elliptical + LB weights) Friday: 6.31 miles (54:03) + 60 min. snow shoveling Saturday:
    11.24 miles (1:45:18) Sunday: DNR

    Total: 31.65 miles

    marisa

  7. Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem Guest

    Goal 1:13:59, Fleet 1/2M, 14th March

    Record high mileage for me this week - legs feel surprisingly good, sessions were good too.

    Monday: pm) 7.75 miles - easy

    Tuesday: pm) 6.45 miles in total, 6 X 1000m w/500m job rec - hard

    Wednesday: am) 5.9 miles - easy pm) 10 miles - easy/medium/hard

    Thursday: pm) 8 miles, fartlek 3 x 5min w/3min - hard

    Friday: pm) 10 miles - easy/medium

    Saturday: pm) 6.4 miles, fartlek 11 x 60sec w/60sec rec - hard

    Sunday: pm) 16.4 miles - easy/medium

    Total run: 70.9 miles

    --
    Brian Wakem

  8. Goal: Recover from last weekend's marathon.

    M: DNR Tu: DNR
    N: 4.2 easy Th: DNR
    O: 4.2 easy Sa: DNR Su: 5 easy

    Total: 13.4

    --
    Brian P. Baresch Fort Worth, Texas, USA Professional editing and proofreading

    If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston Churchill

  9. Well, after several weeks of teaching my dog to use a toilet, we finally have some partial success.
    We now have a 100% "usage" rate, but only a 20% "flushing and putting the seat back down" rate. Oh
    well, that's why they made tomorrow.

  10. Joe Positive

    Joe Positive Guest

    goals: recover from marathon, rebuild base, etc. Upcoming races: 15K March 13 (maybe) 10K March 27.

    M: 2.5mi (treadmill + 3 elliptical trainer)
    N: 3mi (tm + 3.7 et)
    O: 6mi incl [email protected]:36
    P: 2mi (tm + 2.8 et)
    Q: 3.1mi (8:19) Sa: 2mi (8:13) Su: 26.2 mi (Florida Gulf Beaches Marathon; 3:35:13; 1st female
    Masters, 6th female overall I think)

    total: 44.8 miles running, 9.5 elliptical

    Too tired to write any kind of race report. I didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, but I'm still
    pretty happy. Count me in for the Boston 2005 rec.running party.

    Good week all

    Karen

  11. Mary

    Mary Guest

    Hello group,

    I have been training and running marathons for the last two years, I have done 5 so far, and am
    currently in beginning training mode for a marathon in June area.

    this last week I did

    mon - 5 miles 9-10 min per and two x around the wt circuit tues - cross trained elliptical level 10
    1 hour wed- 8 miles tempo run.. 8-9 min miles, wt training thur- cross trained, bike 30 min, 3 mile
    run fri- 5 miles 9-10 min per, wt training Sat 10 miles 9-10 min per

    week total 26

    Glad to be part of the group.

    ttfn mary

  12. DrLith

    DrLith Guest

    M 3 mi
    Tu dnr
    W 2.25 mi
    Th 2.25 mi
    F dnr
    S dnr
    Su Maryland RRCA 10-mile Club Challenge
    Total: 17.5

    Goals: sub 2hr 10 mile race (missed by 3 minutes), build up to consistent 28-30 mpw, lose 30 lbs in
    2004, fall trail 1/2 mara.

    Well--I blew both of my goals in the 10-miler (under 2 hours, don't finish last). I think around 2
    miles out when I realized I wasn't going to make goal 1, is also when I lost is on the 2nd one,
    otherwise I probably would have had more mental toughness to duke it out with the other 3-4 folks at
    the back of the pack with me. If I'd been able to get in more 10-12 mile runs in the past 2 months I
    would have made it, I think, but that just wasn't in the schedule. I was also ticked off that there
    were no mile

    water left when the 2 hr finishers got in.

    Gonna refocus now on not finishing last in the fall 1/2 marathon, which is a race that *I* want to
    do, as opposed to a race that club members want me to
    do.

  13. Mark Mauro

    Mark Mauro Guest

    Goals: Bow Lake 15k in April, 1/2 Marathon in May, build base for fall marathon, maintain weight

    Monday: 6mi (8:45 pace) Tuesday: 14mi (9:45 pace) Wednesday: off Thursday: 7mi (8:20 pace) Friday:
    6mi (8:10 pace) Saturday: 4mi (recovery run) Sunday: 8mi (8:35 pace) Total: 45 miles

    Lost 5 pounds on my "maintenance diet" in the first 5 days and felt like crap in the process (note
    first 2 runs of the week). Was constantly thirsty and saw on a website that these high protein diets
    dehydrate you, which explains the 5 pounds. Needless to say I'm not on the diet anymore so I guess I
    just have to figure out for my self what will work.

    Mark Mauro "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,

  14. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

  15. Dot

    Dot Guest

    joe positive wrote:

    > Su: 26.2 mi (Florida Gulf Beaches Marathon; 3:35:13; 1st female Masters, 6th female overall
    > I think)

    Congratulations, Karen! Hmmm, maybe not as well as you'd hoped, but I would definitely say that 1st
    female masters and 6th female overall should give you reason to be pretty happy! Sounds like you had
    the ITB under control and had a pretty good day to me!

    > Too tired to write any kind of race report. I didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, but I'm still
    > pretty happy. Count me in for the Boston 2005 rec.running party.

    Dot

  16. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in news:NFRZb.3867
    [email protected]:

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Mon rest Tue 6.9, easy @ 8:11/mi Wed 4.2, easy @ 8:27/mi Thu 5.9, easy @ 8:19/mi Fri rest Sat 4.1,
    easy @ 7:48/mi Sun 9.0, easy @ 8:18/mi, PMP during last 3 miles (8:00/mi) Week 30.0

    Comments: This week was a recovery week. Back to 40 miles next week. Originally, my recovery weeks
    were about 5/8 of the previous week's total mileage. Since reading Pete Pfitzinger's book, I've
    upped that to 3/4 of the previous week. The recovery week came at a good time, since I came down
    with a cold on Wednesday. However, it didn't seem to hurt my running, as my paces were faster than
    usual. I'm not sure if it was the great weather or the ibuprofen that kept the pace up. Never have I
    considered a 7:48 pace an easy run. However, Saturday's run was just that. Maybe during my next
    recovery week I should put on my HRM to make sure I'm recovering. I finished up the week with a good
    9 miler. The temps were in the upper 50s with sunny skies. I ran in a tank top for most of this
    week. It felt really good to get some sun on my shoulders.

    Goals: 9 weeks to go until beginning the 24-week marathon training program. Some time in the next
    couple of months I'd like to run a race to test my fitness and to help plan my various paces. I'm
    thinking 10K to 10mi distance. It might be good to get a race in before the focus has to be on
    the marathon.

    Have a good week rec.runners.

    -Phil

  17. SwStudio

    SwStudio Guest

    .
    > Too tired to write any kind of race report. I didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped, but I'm still
    > pretty happy. Count me in for the Boston 2005 rec.running party.

    I will see you there. I'm glad you qualified; too bad about the time not being quite what you were
    hoping for, but as ridiculously cliche as it sounds - the marathon is a humbling experience. It's
    something that takes many attempts to 'get right', but I imagine that's why the reward is greatest
    on that day everything goes your way. Maybe you'll have to wait 'till Boston for that day. :)

    rest up,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

  18. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    "DrLith" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Well--I blew both of my goals in the 10-miler (under 2 hours, don't finish last). I think around 2
    > miles out when I realized I wasn't going to make goal 1, is also when I lost is on the 2nd one,
    > otherwise I probably would have had more mental toughness to duke it out with the other 3-4 folks
    > at the back of the pack with me. If I'd been able to get in more 10-12 mile runs in the past 2
    > months I would have made it, I think, but that just wasn't in the schedule.

    You got that right. You really need to get used to running that distance during training. Hopefully
    you're not still doing your long runs around the Lake of Woe ;-). Were you following a particular
    training plan for the 10 miler? Personally, I like to go a little over, maybe 3 or 4 12- milers from
    2 months to 2 weeks before the race. But of course, YMMV.

    > I was also ticked off that there were no mile markers, no

    > of water left when the 2 hr finishers got in.

    That stinks. These are the people that really need that. Out running for 2 hours and nothing to
    show for it.

    The good thing is that you know what went wrong and how to fix it. If you think you are carrying 30
    lbs of extra weight, losing that would certainly help your running. Are you doing anything to lose
    weight, other than running?

    -Phil

  19. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    [email protected] (Mark Mauro) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Goals: Bow Lake 15k in April, 1/2 Marathon in May, build base for fall marathon, maintain weight
    >
    > Monday: 6mi (8:45 pace) Tuesday: 14mi (9:45 pace) Wednesday: off Thursday: 7mi (8:20 pace) Friday:
    > 6mi (8:10 pace) Saturday: 4mi (recovery run) Sunday: 8mi (8:35 pace) Total: 45 miles
    >
    > Lost 5 pounds on my "maintenance diet" in the first 5 days and felt like crap in the process (note
    > first 2 runs of the week). Was constantly thirsty and saw on a website that these high protein
    > diets dehydrate you, which explains the 5 pounds. Needless to say I'm not on the diet anymore so I
    > guess I just have to figure out for my self what will work.

    Just a thought, and you know more about your training and background than I do. However, maybe this
    mileage is little too agressive at this stage. A 45 mile week with a 14 mile long run seems like too
    much too soon. Isn't the fall marathon your first? You certainly don't want to get burned out before
    you even start marathon training. Do you have any recovery weeks figured into your current base
    building phase? When you're done with base building and you enter the marathon training phase, what
    kind of mileage will you be doing? Is there a particular plan that you will be following?

    -Phil