Training Week Ending January 25, 2004

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Swstudio, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

    Tags:

  2. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in news:h9xQb.3164$Jg7.630
    @read1.cgocable.net:

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Sun 5.2 8:29 Mon DNR Tue 5.0 8:21 Wed DNR Thu 5.2 8:19 Fri DNR Sat 4.2 8:31 Ttl 19.6 8:25

    This week was a recovery week. Once a month I have a recovery week where I cut back to 50 - 60% of
    the previous week. Next week I'm back up to 34 miles with a 10 mile long run.

    My weight steadily coming off. 245 last June, now 178. My current goal is 175 by Feb 16. Based on
    what I've been reading on rec.running and Bob Glover's book, I should be in the 160s. That may be,
    but I'm going to let the mileage increases take care of that while I watch my caloric intake. I
    believe that due to my weight loss, I have lowered my average pace without increasing the effort.

    BTW, I got my Garmin Forerunner 201 on Tuesday. I love it!

    -Phil

  3. Bikeme

    Bikeme Guest

    :
    : > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.
    :

    Monday- 6 miles easy - 55 minutes- 9.3 pace Tuesday- DNR Wednesday- 12 miles- 112 minutes- 9.3 pace
    Thursday- DNR Friday- 12 miles- 111 minutes, 9.3 pace

    Easy recovery week + sinus infection this week. Patella Femoral Syndrome coming back with a vengeance-
    knees are killing me. Also, some lower back pain ever since Richmond Marathon in November.

    Goals: Marathon sometime in March, 100 mile/week at least once this year, 100 mile bike ride
    this year.

  4. Jim Gravity

    Jim Gravity Guest

    Since I'm just getting back into running, and building up a mileage base, I'm not using any
    prescribed program. Not trying to run x miles or time on this day or that day of the week. Because
    of this sporadic running, I've noticed that when I look at my running log I sometimes think I'm not
    running enough because some mileage might be clustered in the middle of the week or the weekend. I
    started feeling a little pain in the lower legs. I'm mindful of this pain 'cuz I know I have low
    arches and I know I have to keep it in check until I get up to speed and down in weight.

    I found that by keeping a "rolling total" of miles (time in my case, actually) for 4 days, 7 days
    and 10 days it makes it easier to keep track of when I need to lay off.

    m: 0.78hrs (4day:3.04hrs, 7day:4.48hrs, 10day:4.48)
    n: weights in morning, 0.4hr in evening
    o: 0.93
    p: 1.07 (4d:3.12; 7d:5.44; 10d:6.88)...noted mild pain in inside calf/shin
    q: dnr, weights/balance ball stuff in morning
    r: dnr, legs feeling better but sore from balance ball stuff (doms)
    s: dnr, still doms. feel fresh for more running next week.

  5. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Another "0" week for me.

    Enjoying the post-Marathon break...

    It's back to running at the end of this week...

    Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

  6. In article <[email protected]>, SwStudio wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    M 6/4.6 T 4.6/6 W 12 T 4.6 F rest S 10 (race), 1hr x-training S about 1hr x-training

    47.8 miles

    Cheers,

  7. Joe Positive

    Joe Positive Guest

    goals: get off the injured list and make it to the marathon start, then make it to the marathon
    finish without too much disgrace. No upcoming races until marathon Feb 22.

    M: dnr, absolutely could not run
    N: 8mi easy
    O: 10mi easy
    P: 9mi easy
    Q: 6mi steady Sa: 14mi, last 5 or so at MP or so Su: 13mi easy

    total: 60 miles

    This week's runs were all untimed in the hope that I would stick to easy running and not get caught
    up in a race with the clock. The ITB seems to be improving slowly, but there's still a good bit of
    pain. I'm trading intensity for volume, but I'm not sure it's going to work. I hate this boring slow
    running, and I'm starting to worry that bunches of easy miles are not going to get me to the finish
    line on time.

    Anyway, good week all

    Karen

  8. Marisa

    Marisa Guest

    This week I cut back my mileage a little, in preparation for marathon training starting tomorrow.

    M: 4.2 miles (38:42)
    N: 4 miles (38:00)
    O: Cross Training - 50 minutes elliptical
    P: Too damn cold to run (-20F to -30F windchill)
    Q: 4 miles (36:53)
    R: 6.5 miles (63:05)
    S: 4 miles (38:37)

    Total: 22.7 miles

    marisa - http://runner78.blogspot.com

  9. Goal:Connemarathon 28th March
    Mon: 8 miles
    Tue: 3 mile warm-up, 2 mile xc race, 2 mile cool-down
    Wed: dnr
    Thurs: 7 miles, including 3x5 short hills, 3x1 long hill.
    Fri: 8 miles
    Sat: 5 miles
    Sun: 7 miles - Wanted a long run but no time unfortunately..

    Total: 42 miles

    --
    Colm

    news:[email protected]...

  10. In article <[email protected]>, joe positive wrote:

    > This week's runs were all untimed in the hope that I would stick to easy running and not get
    > caught up in a race with the clock. The ITB seems to be improving slowly, but there's still a good
    > bit of pain. I'm trading intensity for volume, but I'm not sure it's going to work. I hate this
    > boring slow running, and I'm starting to worry that bunches of easy miles are not going to get me
    > to the finish line on time.

    Didn't hurt me at all (see last race report). No speed work for over a month (except strides). I
    wouldn't be too worried.

    Cheers,

  11. Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem Guest

    Goal: Wokingham 1/2M, sub 1:14 if conditions are good.

    Other goals for 2004: 33:29 10k, 15:59 5k

    Monday: pm) 6.4 miles - easy

    Tuesday: pm) 6.6 miles in total, 4 x ~925m w/2:30min rec - hard

    Wednesday: am) 4 miles - easy pm) 10 miles - easy/medium

    Thursday: pm) 4.75 miles, fartlek - medium/hard

    Friday: Rest

    Saturday: pm) 15km XC race 57:01, South of England Cross-County Championships at Parliament Hill.

    Nowhere near the front, but pleased with 6:07/mile over hilly and muddy terrain for 9.32 miles.

    Sunday: am) 12.3 miles - easy

    Total run: 54 miles

    --
    Brian Wakem

  12. jhallum

    jhallum Guest

    SwStudio <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Mon--7.5 mi (@8:14) Tue--4.0mi (@8:10) Wed--6.5mi (@8:27) Thu--off Fri--7.9mi (@8:09) Sat--off Sun--
    6.1mi (@8:55)

    total:32.0

    It's winter all right, snow has fallen with a vengeance, and people just don't believe in shovelling
    at this point, I think. Certainly, the township doesn't plow the bike paths until last. With another
    6+ inches forecast for Tuesday, I'm getting really frustrated (I can already hear you Canadians
    throwing out the sympathy already...

    -jeremy

    +================================================================+
    Jeremy Hallum, System Manager , Astronomy, University of Michigan
    [email protected]::[email protected]
    "Audentis Fortuna Iuvat"

  13. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    "Marisa" <[email protected]> wrote in news:101854o44co2023
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > This week I cut back my mileage a little, in preparation for marathon training starting tomorrow.

    Which marathon are you doing?

    -Phil

  14. Aw

    Aw Guest

    Base training for spring/summer triathlon season.

    Build Week
    M: 7.55 - easy brick (run after bike workout); achy
    N: 5.4 - fast brick; felt tired & achy
    O: dnr - sick with flu
    P: dnr - flu
    Q: dnr - flu
    R: dnr - flu
    S: dnr - flu

    Total run: 12.7 miles (Swim 5k, Bike 92 miles)

    I was supposed to run 49.5 miles, ride 220 miles, and swim 15k. Next week was originally planned as
    a recovery week. I still feel awful, but hopefully I'll recover soon, and this illness will result
    only in a 2 week set-back.

  15. Lyndon

    Lyndon Guest

    Swstudio wrote:

    >Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    Goals: pure sprinting through first peak in March.

    2/7 Huntington Beach all comers 100/200 (practice race)
    3/21 Holiday Inn Classic 55m (Reno NV)

    Sun 5 X 40m acceleration from blocks (4.9 best--PR)

    Mon weights

    Tue 10 X 100 70% speed, 45 sec rest

    Wed off--sore hip abductor

    Thu 2X30m fly-ins (3.2) stopped workout, injured hip abductor

    Fri weights: bench only 5X5X245

    Sat off (rain)

    Sun 6X100 (12.2 avg), 30 sec rest

    Having hip abductor problems. I don't seem to be able to run 2 top speed workouts (acceleration and
    flys) in the same week without straining/pulling muscles in the hip area, so I'm going to stop
    trying and get ready for first peak. At peak strength now, corresponding with acceleration phase.
    More special endurance, speed endurance, max speed not more than 1X/wk from now.

    Lyndon

    "Speed Kills...It kills those that don't have it!" --US Olympic Track Coach Brooks Johnson

  16. Goals: Finish hard training for Feb. 15 marathon. Taper starts tomorrow.

    Mon: DNR Tue: 5 mi w/ 6 x 100m strides at end Wed: 10 mi w/ 4 x 1200 @ 5K pace (4:44), 2-minute
    recoveries; last repeat 4:48 (no gas left in tank) Thu: DNR Fri: 9.9 mi Sat: 4 mi on treadmill at
    gym, plus upper-body weights Sun: 20.1 mi, last 20-miler before race. Was aiming for about 21; right
    hamstring was sore the entire way, then at 20 the whole leg started to hurt so I walked it in.

    Total 49 miles.

    --
    Brian P. Baresch Fort Worth, Texas, USA Professional editing and proofreading

    If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston Churchill

  17. Drlith

    Drlith Guest

    M 5 mi (hills) Tu 2.5 mi W 5 mi Th 2.25 mi F 10 mi S dnr S 3.75 mi/4" (4 miles on 4 inches of fresh
    fluffy snow. sure felt like more miles!)

    Total = 28.5

    Goals: build/maintain 28-30 mpw base; trail 1/2 marathon in fall; -30 lbs in 2004. New goal, maybe:
    sub-2-hour 10 miler on Feb. 22. Laugh if you will! It's a hilly course and it will be a stretch for
    me. I've given up running around the boardwalk around the lake--it's too springy and it's like
    running on a f*cking trampoline. Have decided to risk running the perimeter of the apt. complex,
    which is about 3/4 mile loop. I'd like to continue to do at least 1 2+ hour run a week until the
    22nd, but I haven't quite figured out the logistics of that--it's too hard to keep going more than
    an hour running around in circles at 11 pm, running past your d*mn doorstep each time around. The
    call of the bed is too strong.

    --
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
    though checkered by failure; rather than to rank with those poor spirits who

  18. Mark Mauro

    Mark Mauro Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,

    Goal: Build base for fall marathon. Lose last 10lbs of goal weight (180lbs).

    Mon 16mi

    Tues 6mi

    Wed off

    Thurs 10mi

    Fri 8mi

    Sat 1.5mi knee starts hurting (original plan 10mi)

    Sun dnr resting knee (original plan 6mi)

    Total 41.5mi (original plan 56mi)

    Came to the obvious conclusion that I have no business running this kind of mileage 10 weeks after
    starting to run again. I was doing fine at 40 mpw so it's time to drop back mileage and concentrate
    more on losing the extra weight before anything else.

    Mark Mauro

  19. Goals: Local Grand Prix races this spring; Looks like we're aiming for the Gorge Marathon in
    Oregon in June!

    Mon: Rest Day Tues: 5.45 mi tempo Wed: 5.45 mi easy Thurs: 5.45 mi easy (due to raining!) Fri: Rest
    Day Sat: 9 miles easy Sun: Sun Run 10k. Despite telling myself I was going to run it easily, I ran a
    good time (not quite a PR) and felt very good! If I have time I'll make up a report. (It's been
    Really Busy at work of late).

    Teresa in AZ

    Stats: F, 5'8", 47 years old.

    > "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

  20. o mi.

    on the self last week with a nasty shin splint, right shin (weak leg).

    going out for an easy 3 mi. run at lunch to test it out. i've been pain-free not running for a
    few days now.

    if i'm good to go, i'll keep the mileage low (20 mi.) and the pace high
    (9:00) this week.

    easy does it.

    goal: get back to moderation and consistency.

    dexter-ann arbor half-marathon june 6 - want sub 1:30 if the fates are kind.

    scott