Training Week Ending May 30, 2004

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Swstudio, May 30, 2004.

  1. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    week and goals.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
    insecure people are the ones you see putting other people

    Tags:

  2. Dan Stumpus

    Dan Stumpus Guest

    Can run ok, but still can’t go fast on downhills without
    dull pain in arch of left foot I sprained on 5/01 in a mtn
    race. I’m going to cut back to shorter, flatter runs this
    week to see if it can heal up. Maybe even (gasp!) take
    some days off.

    Week ending 5/29/04 Sun: 0 ( 28 miler yesterday) Mon: 13
    miles 2:00. Climb to Mt. Hollywood, half way down, then
    back. Tue: 0 (medical procedure) Wed: 20 miles in Santa
    Monica mountains. 3:10, 3k feet of climb, ran first
    7.5 miles with faster runner at 165 pulse. Thu: 10 miles
    easy on Hollywood Hills fireroads. Fri: 7 miles easy,
    flat. Sat: 8 miles, climb from 6,000 – 10,032 Mt. Baldy.
    Felt weak, could only get pulse up to 140 before legs
    loaded up (as opposed to 155-165)! Felt sore throat coming
    on, cut it short. Climb took 1:39, slowest ever, expected
    1:30 or so.

    Total: 58 miles.

  3. Beasley

    Beasley Guest

    Sun: 4 miles, weights back and shoulders
    Mon: 4 miles, 1 hour of tennis
    Tues: weights - legs and biceps
    Wed: 6 miles
    Thur: 6 miles
    Fri: 3 miles, weights - chest and tri's
    Sat: 13 miles

    Total: 36 miles

    Ran a 5k last week to work on leg turnover, need to enter
    another 5k or 10k as I'm working on my speed.

    Tom

  4. Tony

    Tony Guest

    sun: walk 0:35
    mon: ran 1:16, railroad grade 8.4 miles, HR 145; walk 0:20 w/u & c/d
    tues: cycled 1:00, 15.5 miles, HR 135
    wed: treadmill 0:40, weights
    thurs: ran 0:55, hilly trails fartlek, felt great, got HR to 180, HR 152;
    walk 0:20 w/u & c/d
    fri: cycled 1:45, mostly flat, high cadence, 26.7 miles, HR 135
    sat: walk 0:55

    ran: ~14m cycled: 42m

    The run/bike/rest crosstraining cycle continues with great
    results. My long runs or bikes aren't done religiously every
    weekend, but every 10 days to 2 weeks or so. 3:20 bike Sat
    before, and long run planned for sunday...

    Goals: July 24hr CNYO ROAGAINE, 50km trail race in Sept,
    Oct/Nov Orienteering

    Have been thinking about future goals recently: 50 mile
    trail ultra in 2005 - did a trail 50m (11:32) in 2002 but
    died after 43m 70 mile trail ultra in 2006 (Laurel
    Highlands) reachable for me I think 100? mile trail ultra in
    2007 (Mohican 100 in ohio)? - Unknown territory

    As I shoot for the ultras, I plan to double my current
    running and cycling time slowly, and then do alot of fast
    hiking mixed with trail running, first one day efforts,
    moving to 2 day efforts done every 2 weeks. The main thing I
    learned from running 50m on trail before is that the legs
    have to really be used to the pounding, especially steep
    downhills found on trails. Cycling will help some with leg
    strengh, something I didnt do in 2002. 100m is said to be 3x
    harder than 50m so I know I have a long way to go and I plan
    to take my time getting there.

  5. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    Mon - rest Tue - 9 @ 8:20, general aerobic Wed - 12 @ 8:28,
    medium long Thu - 7 @ 8:33, recovery Fri - 8 @ 8:08, general
    aerobic Sat - 4 @ 8:29, recovery Sun - rest
    Week - 40 Year - 852

    Training: Week 5 of 24-week marathon training program. Week
    5 of 10-week endurance phase. Did a mini-taper this week for
    10K on Monday 5/31. I moved my long run from Sunday to
    Wednesday so that I could be prepared for the 10K race
    without sacrificing too much of my weekly marathon training
    goals. The temps were in the upper 80s much of this week.
    However, I seemed to hold up pretty well. I think the lower
    body weight helps endure the hot conditions.

    Goals:

    5/31/04 - Celebrate America 10K. My first race in over 4
    years. Goal <43:00, 68% WAVA

    5/32/04 - Wine Country Half Marathon. Goal <1:40:00, 64%
    WAVA Need sub 1:45 for preferred start at the
    Chicago Marathon

    5/33/04 - LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. Boston qualifier.
    Goal <3:30:00, 65% WAVA

    Have a great week rec.runners.

    Phil M.

    --
    "I gotta go. You're killin' me."

  6. Onemarathon

    Onemarathon Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    a freakin' phenomenal week:

    last Sat. - a great effort and time in a sprint triathlon
    Sun - total rest, not even a swim M - :30 tempo run, really
    gunning it t - rest w - :40 tempo run, eased back just a
    touch t - :30 easy run f - DNR, cycled about :30 s - set a
    new 5K PR in the Ottawa National Capital Race Weekend s -
    continue to celebrate my PR! and maybe an easy-going swim
    (for a change)

    comments/goals:

    another tri? another 5K... in an attempt to burn my new PR
    to the ground? who knows.... i have this new habit of
    deciding at the last minute to do races and then coming
    through with flying colours. maybe this should be the way i
    operate from now on.

    i'm flyin', baby!

    Cam

  7. C.G.

    C.G. Guest

    Goals: Recover from injury. I'm beginning to suspect that what I thought was simply a pulled calf
    muscle may be something worse. 11 days on an very little in the way of improvement.
    Mon: dnr
    Tue: dnr
    Wed: dnr
    Thurs:dnr
    Fri: dnr
    Sat: dnr
    Sun: dnr

    --
    Colm

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    : week and goals.

  8. Marko

    Marko Guest

    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    this week's runs : monday : 9 km => 47'06" easy tuesday :
    8 km => 36'18" with 8*400m in 1'22" (3'25"/km) with 200m
    rest in between wednesday : rest thursday : 9 km => 48'35"
    easy with10*100m in 19", 100m rest friday : 18 km =>
    1h22'16" with 5 km tempo @ 3'54" saturday : rest sunday :
    rest total : 46 km.

    Good training week, it has been 8 weeks since I last ran
    4 times per week, and this time I added a "long" run of
    18k with a tempo. The weather is particularly hot now as
    I run during the day, usually in the afternoon. Drinking
    a lot of water.

    Goal : 10 km on june 13th with a time below 38'

    long term goal : a fall marathon...

    chers
    --
    __________________
    marko

    > cheers,
    > --
    > David (in Hamilton, ON)
    > www.allfalldown.org
    > "The most insecure people are the ones you see
    > putting other people down constantly."

  9. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected](remove)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 70 mile trail ultra in 2006 (Laurel Highlands)

    I'm doing it this year. Oh shit, that's in two weeks I
    better get training. ;)

    > 100? mile trail ultra in 2007 (Mohican 100 in ohio)?
    > - Unknown
    territory

    Unless you don't like or can't afford to travel think about
    the Vermont 100 and pass up the hordes of the Ohio flies.

    >The main thing I learned from running 50m on trail before
    >is that the legs have to
    really
    > be used to the pounding, especially steep downhills
    > found on
    trails.

    No truer words spoken. I will add one other tidbit, train
    your hiking muscles for the uphills. Running and hiking the
    ups are two different animals.

    > 100m is said to be 3x harder than 50m

    Interesting perspective. Other than the obvious twice
    the distance I never thought about the difference
    between the two. What I do know is the last 20 miles of
    a 100 take forever.

    > so I know I have a long way to go and I plan to take my
    > time getting there.

    Great Strategy.

    -DougF

  10. Brian Wakem

    Brian Wakem Guest

    Goal: 15:59 5k

    10k race on Wednesday, would like to go sub 34 but it's not
    a flat course at all...

    Monday: REST

    Tuesday: pm) 5.5 miles in total, 5 x ~0.7m w/60sec rec,
    hilly - hard

    Wednesday: pm) 10 miles - easy/medium

    Thursday: pm) 7.75 miles, fartlek, 10 x 60sec w/45sec - hard

    Friday: pm) 8 miles, hillyish - easy/medium

    Saturday: pm) 5 miles in total, 8 x 400m (track) w/2min -
    hard (69, 66, 66, 67, 65, 65, 66, 65)

    Sunday: pm) 10.25 miles, hillyish - easy/medium

    Total run: 46.5 miles

    --
    Brian Wakem

  11. Joe Positive

    Joe Positive Guest

    goals: continue building base as I start training for fall marathon;
    work on speed with weekly track workouts and the occasional short
    race; learn (again) how to survive running in 80F/80% RH. Upcoming
    races: 5000m track race June 9; 5K June 25; marathon Oct 10.

    M: 9.75mi (9:13)
    N: 9.75mi (8:30)
    O: 8mi incl 8x400 @ 1:27 (avg)
    P: 10:5mi (8:49)
    Q: 6.5mi (8:33) incl 10 x strides Sa: 9.3mi incl 5K race
    (19:42, 5th female, 1F40) Su: 17.25mi (7:51)

    total: 71.05 miles

    The 5K race was not on a certified course, so I won't count
    it as a real PR, won't look up the WAVA %, won't give any
    Dean screams about
    Qa. But last year I ran this race in 24:23, so I'm pretty
    happy with yesterday's result.

    Florida summer fun: next race is a 5000m track race our
    coach has scheduled in lieu of our regular weekly track
    workout. It'll be run at about 5PM in full sun, over 85F (or
    the aftermath of a thunderstorm) and god knows how much
    humidity. I've never puked after a race, but this might be
    my initiation into that club.

    good week all

    Karen

  12. Goals: Maintain mileage, tune up for 10K on June 12.

    Sun: 5 easy Mon: 16 Tue: DNR Wed: 8.3: 6x1000m @ 4:14 w/400m
    recoveries in 2:00-2:30, plus 3 WU/CD Thu: 8.04 hills Fri:
    DNR Sat: 10.5: 3 x 1000m @ 4:15 w/2:00 recoveries; 2 x 1000m
    @ 3:55 w/3:30 recoveries; 4 x 200m @ :42 with full
    recoveries, plus 5 WU/CD

    Total 47.9 miles.

    --
    Brian P. Baresch Fort Worth, Texas, USA Professional editing
    and proofreading

    If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston
    Churchill

  13. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    Low mileage week as I ease through injury.

    M 45 min recumbant, weights T 45 min stationary bike w/ some
    out of saddle intervals last 15 min W 3min (11mph) --->2min
    (8mph) x 6, 3km up, 3km down T (2min @ 1% incline, 4%
    incline, 8% incline all @ 8mph) x 5 3km up , 3km down F 1km
    easy (forgot patellar strap) S 16km easy S 2 min (12mph) ---
    >3 min (7mph) x 6, 3km up, 1km down

    Total: 52km

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
    insecure people are the ones you see putting other people
    down constantly."

  14. Parker Race

    Parker Race Guest

    Mon 4.5 easy 4 strides Tues 8.5 total w 7 X 400, 1st time on
    the track in a long time, times ranged from 1:33 to 1:40 Wed
    6.5 easy 4 strides Thurs 5.5 2.5 mile tempo Friday off Sat
    11 including miserable 15k race @ 1:16 something Sunday 10k
    total including 5k XC race @ 25:15, ran conservatively and
    felt good at the end.

    42 total I wanted to cut back the mileage, which I did but
    still was exhausted by Friday. I ran 7 days straight going
    back to last week by this past Thursday which was probably
    a big mistake, 6 days seems to be my limit.

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,
    > --
    > David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org "The most
    > insecure people are the ones you see putting other people
    > down constantly."

  15. Westendgirl

    Westendgirl Guest

    Monday 5/24-4 miles (untimed) Tuesday 5/25-2 x mile repeats
    (7:50, 7:56), 2 recovery 1/2 miles (untimed) Wednesday 5/26-
    rest Thursday 5/27-6 @ 8:42 Friday 5/28-5.1 @ 8:52 Saturday
    5/29-4 @ 8:43 Sunday 5/30-9.18 @ 9:21 average (first 6 @
    9:11, 1st reservoir loop @ 9:42, 2nd reservoir loop @ 9:38)
    ~31.28 total

    Upcoming races still same as last week...Corporate Challenge
    6/9, New York Mini 6/12 Just joined one of the local running
    clubs this week, I think it will be a huge help to me w/r to
    things like speedwork and hill training, and even just to
    have people to run with for training runs (and so I can give
    my Discman a rest too...teehee)

    Goals: -still work on pacing myself -avoid happy hour the
    night before the NY Mini :p

    Rant of the week: The race day info for the Corporate
    Challenge is available, and their definition of a "racer" is
    8 min/mile or less, and anything slower is "non-
    competitive," and they advise those peeps to line up with
    the slower runners and walkers. Now, I plan to do this at
    approximately
    8:20-8:30/mile-which I personally think is still pretty damn
    competitive. I'm not gonna be uber-fast, but on the same
    token, I do NOT want to be pushing walkers out of the way
    for the first mile. (Especially since this event is huge-
    probably over 10,000 people.) You know, I've always been
    respectful when it comes to positioning myself for the
    start, but I think this is one time when I am gonna have
    to bend the rules. And it's interesting that other cities
    have 9 min/mile as the cutoff between "competitive" and
    "non-competitive." Rant over.

    Happy holidaze to all of you in the States! -Lara
    :)

  16. On 2004-05-29, SwStudio <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    Goal: piles of miles. Keep getting those short runs in, plus
    a couple of longer runs.

    M 6 T 4.8/10.3 W 5/5 T 6.9 F 3/5.6 S 5/5.6 S 15

    Total 72

    Cheers,

  17. ultrajohn1

    ultrajohn1 Guest

    98 f you w 2108 for the year clown w go too your hell bitch

  18. Anthony

    Anthony Guest

    Not running due to foot injury. Maintaining fitness through
    biking and pool sessions (pool running and swimming)

    Monday: 300m swim, 35 mins pool running, 300m swim Tues: 1hr
    bike Wed: 30 mins "circuit training" Thu: Strained back
    lifting kid's bike...pool session off Fri: No bike - sore
    back Sat: off Sun: 3.5 km walk, 50 mins bike. Back OK.

    Anthony. Jerusalem, Israel.

  19. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Goal - 5 weeks to first marathon (Gold Coast).

    Mon - Went to Physio. Mild PFS. Tue - Rest Wed - 9k slow
    Thur - rest Fri - 12k treadmill easy (8:03/mile) Sat - 8k
    easy. Back to Physio Sun - 32k easy

    Week total 61km YTD 938km.

    Sore today but not injured.

    Daniel T.

  20. jobin

    jobin Guest

    SwStudio <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training
    > week and goals.

    M - - T - 2 miles @ 6:16 W - 2 miles @ 7:25 T - 3 miles @
    7:30 F - 1.5 hr soccer S - 3.5 miles @ 11:00 S - -

    total: 10.5 miles

    goals: nothing yet. would like to run a 5K soon. been too
    busy.

    jobs