Training Week Ending October 19, 2003

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Swstudio, Oct 18, 2003.

  1. Swstudio

    Swstudio Guest

    Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

    cheers,
    --
    David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

    Tags:

  2. ahass

    ahass Guest

    M- 0 T- 0 W- 0 R- 0 F- 0 S- 0 S- 0 Total for week: 0
    :) (what is the emicon for a straight jacket??)
    I was going to do this 2 weeks but I'm not going to make it... Andy Hass

  3. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

  4. Doug Burke

    Doug Burke Guest

    SwStudio wrote:
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,

    I CAN NOT believe this. I actually have more miles than Andy this week! AND I'M TAPERING for crying
    out loud! If I don't BQ next Sunday this will be reward enough....wink.....Enjoy your well earned
    rest Andy. Anyway, the usual taper worries. We had a big wind storm in DC last week. Had a tree blow
    down. Started cutting it up. Lower back started hurting. Tree will have to wait until after Oct. 26.
    End of story.

    Sunday: 16 miles 2:20:52 8:46/mile Monday: DNR Tuesday: 5 miles easy 39:00 7:48/mile Wednesday: 5 X
    1 mile repeats @ 7:00 +/- WU/CD 7 miles Thursday: DNR Friday: 8 miles hills 1:02:14 Course record.
    Even beat times from three years ago when I was 48. 7:47/mile Saturday: DNR Wow!!! That's three
    times this week.

    Total: 36 miles

    Goal is still the MCM a week from Sunday. Shooting for a 3:35 which is a BQ for me. Worried because
    the weather might be a tad warm.. in the 70's.

    Doug Burke

  5. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "apusapus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Bad luck 'bout Chicargo

    I do know how to spell 'Chicago', but I've had the 'flu. This means you have to cut me some slack
    for the next five days.

    Roger.

  6. s 42.2 k marathon pace m dnr t dnr w dnr t dnr fr dnr s dnr "SwStudio" <[email protected]>
    > Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.
    >

    > cheers,
    > --
    > David (in Hamilton, ON) www.allfalldown.org

  7. ahass

    ahass Guest

    Doug Burke <[email protected]> wrote:

    --Yes, a lot of people are going to beat me on mileage for several weeks now. Don't worry, I'll
    catch up ;) Last I checked I still needed around 650 miles to get 4000 for the year. Smart move to
    let the tree wait, I spent the Sunday before Chicago dragging a buck out of the woods...not the
    ideal taper! Andy Hass

  8. ahass

    ahass Guest

    Jonathan Sydenham <[email protected]> wrote:
    > s 42.2 k marathon pace m dnr t dnr w dnr t dnr fr dnr s dnr

    ---That's kinda funny put like that! Andy Hass

  9. Goal: To complete 1st marathon in 8 days time

    Mon: 8 miles Tue: 7 miles Wed: 3 miles Thurs: 3 miles Fri: 1 hour badminton, 4 hours beer. Sat: Rest
    Sun: 9 miles

    Total: 30 miles

    --
    Colm

    "SwStudio" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : Greetings, rec.runners! Please tell us about your training week and goals.

  10. John Moore

    John Moore Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:28:08 +0100, "Colm Gallagher" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Fri: 1 hour badminton, 4 hours beer.

    Colm,

    Glad to see you're working on the beer. Very important for the big day, which is approaching
    horribly fast now...

    J.

  11. Apusapus

    Apusapus Guest

    "John Moore" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > which is approaching horribly fast now...

    Hmm. How does a day approach 'horribly fast'? I can understand a 'day approaching', it's the
    'horribly fast' bit that has me all in a tizzy. Were you trying to add emphasis to your sentence or
    colour to your prose? If so, you merely gave me a headache and a few blissful moments when I slipped
    back in time to my old school to hear the sound of my English master booming;

    "Never, but NEVER, try to be a smart ass when writing in English. The only person to do that
    successfully was Shakespeare, and everyone hated him when he was alive. Be simple. Be succinct.
    Be sublime."

    As you'll already have noted, I took his advice to heart. Perhaps you should too?

    Roger.

  12. Joe Positive

    Joe Positive Guest

    Goals: make sure I'm recovered from half-marathon; start bumping up long runs in preparation for
    marathon in February; otherwise just keep on. Upcoming races: 5K Nov 8; 15K Nov 23; 10K Nov 27.

    M: 6.2mi (9:21)
    N: 6.2mi (9:39)
    O: 6mi track night incl 8 X 400 with descending recovery. Goal avg 1:45, actual avg 1:36
    P: 6.2mi (8:40) 1st cool front of the year, couldn't help myself
    Q: dnr Sa: 13.1mi, Baltimore Half-Marathon (1:39:51), report may follow Su: 6mi in about 55 - 60min.
    First-ever treadmill run, ugh.

    Total: 43.7 miles

    High point for me this week was my first half-marathon, which I may write about in a
    separate thread.

    Good week all

    Karen

  13. Beer is very important to me at the moment. I've been carrying a cold for the last 10 days and I'm
    testing the ability of beer to kill it off before the big day. It's bound to work....
    :)

    --
    Colm

    :
    : >Fri: 1 hour badminton, 4 hours beer.
    :
    : Colm,
    :
    : Glad to see you're working on the beer. Very important for the big day, which is approaching
    : horribly fast now...

  14. Steve Common

    Steve Common Guest

    Goals : Sand Marathon in 4/2004, Integral du Riquet 240km nonstop 7/2004 rest of 2004 - REST :)

    Getting back to running regularly, hydrating properly, avoiding chocolate overload. Starting to
    dream about doing the 240k race in 24 hours and other wild stuff :)

    BTW If anyone knows nice places to run in Warsaw, let me know before Tuesday lunchtime. Better
    still, if there are places to avoid at all costs, let me know...

    Mon REST (not deliberate, overslept til noon :-(

    Tue AM 0:40 7k 5mi Easy in grass in park

    PM 1:00 10k 6mi Hilly trails. Fun. Magic company....mmmmmm

    Wed REST

    Thu 0:43 8k 5mi Easy, Park + roads with 2 other Sand Marathoners

    Fri REST (not deliberate: overrunning meetings :-(

    Sat 0:42 9k 6mi Late (10pm) Accelerating 5'/km => 3'50/km

    Sun 1:27 18k 11mi Late (8pm) First "LSD" since June!! Great feeling Running nice and loose: 5'/km av
    (30' at 4'45/km)
    ___________________
    Totals 4:30 52k 32mi

  15. Parker Race

    Parker Race Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > Jonathan Sydenham <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > s 42.2 k marathon pace m dnr t dnr w dnr t dnr fr dnr s dnr
    >
    > ---That's kinda funny put like that! Andy Hass

    Oh come on guys, my wife ran a 3:03:58 this a.m. and she's asking her coach whether she really has
    to do the track work out on Tuesday! Doug F., good to meet someone in person from the virtual
    running community. I wish I had done an easy early a.m run and caught more of the race myself
    instead of inflicting more physical and metal pain in the half! I would have hung out more but my
    wife looked in imminent danger of passing out, I felt safe when she was prone in the massage tent.

  16. On 2003-10-19, Colm Gallagher <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Beer is very important to me at the moment. I've been carrying a cold for the last 10 days and I'm
    > testing the ability of beer to kill it off before the big day. It's bound to work....
    >:)

    How do you carry the cold beer ? In a fanny pack ? In the hand ? Do you use gloves to prevent hands
    from getting too cold ? How do you keep the beer cold when carrying it ?

    ;^)

  17. Steve Common

    Steve Common Guest

    "apusapus" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I do know how to spell 'Chicago', but I've had the 'flu. This means you have to cut me some slack
    >for the next five days.

    I admire your honesty. With only 2 minutes between your two posts, you had plenty of time to cancel
    the previous message and no-one would've noticed...

    PS It would appear that Doctors don't take flu vaccines. Good.

  18. Www

    Www Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 00:12:09 +0200, steve common <[email protected]> wrote:

    >PS It would appear that Doctors don't take flu vaccines. Good.

    Of course Dr's don't take flu vaccine, and neither did Roidger.

  19. On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:14:33 +0200, Jonathan Sydenham wrote:

    >s 42.2 k marathon pace m dnr t dnr w dnr t dnr fr dnr s dnr

    :) Cute. Soooo, where's the report??? Inquiring minds and nosy bastards want
    to know!

    Layne

    The rec.running report archives may be found at http://kinder.cis.unf.edu/rec.running