Training Wheels

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by dan4923, Nov 28, 2005.

1. dan4923

dan4923 New Member

Hi guys, just wanting some advice on training wheels. I've 10 sp record on the bike (if that makes any difference) and am on a pretty limited budget. I'm trying to stay under $500 if that's possible and aren't bothered if the wheels are new or second-hand. I've seen the campag vento for $380 or scirocco for $530. Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. gclark8

gclark8 New Member

3. MarkC77

MarkC77 New Member

When I first read your thread title I thought you meant the training wheels like when you first learnt to ride a bike :D

4. otherworld

otherworld New Member

None of the wheels mentioned so far are suitable for the purpose. You don’t want wheels with aero rims, fancy spoke patterns or low spoke counts. You need conventional wheels with solid, reliable sealed bearing hubs, 3x lacing, low profile rims and at least 32 spokes. Good rims to use are Velocity Razor or Mavic Open Pro. Wheels like this are reliable easy to fix and comfortable to ride. If you really are training you will spend a lot longer on these than anything you race on.

If you get a proper wheel builder to put them together for you they will last for years and stay true. This should be possible for the sort of money you are talking about.

Good Luck Jay.

5. dan4923

dan4923 New Member

I've had three crashes in the last two weeks so I'm thinking maybe a set of those kids ones wouldn't be too bad.