Training with a cold

I wouldn't expect it to be detrimental to your health, however I'd expect recovery time to be longer (since your body is putting energy into fighting the cold). I would avoid riding in the rain, since that can't be doing the cold any good.

bryanquinn said:
Is this bad for a person?
From About.com:

The rule of thumb for exercising while sick is called the above/below the neck rule. If your symptoms appear above the neck (runny nose, sneezing, sore throat) then yes, you can continue with a low-intensity workout.

If your symptoms are below the neck (diahrrea, intense coughing, vomiting, fever), then the American College of Sports Medicine and CDC suggest you let your illness run its course before resuming physical activity.

Also, high-intensity exercise such as heavy weight lifting or high-intensity aerobic training has been shown to have a negative impact on the immune system during a cold or any respiratory infection.

I had a cold and a very sore throat that started saturday last weekend. Racing on it only aggrevated it. I ended up taking completely off sunday, monday, tuesday and then only an hour ride wednesday, before continuing training. I would say this late in the season, we are all getting a little burned out. Rest now, you aren't gonna lose any fitness in 2 or 3 days and at least for me, I came back feeling much stronger.