Training with adrenalin

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Fat Hack, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Fat Hack

Fat Hack New Member

Many of us have probably noticed that we can push ourselves harder in a race or in a competitive training situation, probably because of all the extra adrenalin pumping through us.

I'm wondering if training with more adrenalin achieves a greater training effect.

Tags:

2. Fat Hack

Fat Hack New Member

Not even Ric has an answer?

3. keydates

keydates New Member

Sounds a little risky to me...but I'm not a doctor.

4. Fat Hack

Fat Hack New Member

Thanks for the reply, but I don't mean injecting it, I mean naturally occuring adrenalin that seems to be induced during very competitive situtations.

Has anyone ever been cruising along, struggling for motivation, then half a dozen guys blow past you and snob you off? When this happens to me I usually get a huge surge of EVERYTHING (including adrenalin), then I ride my guts out for the next 20 miles, either chasing or dropping these guys -- it's great fun :D

During these situations (and racing), I seem to be able to sustain a slightly higher heart rate.

5. ejglows

ejglows New Member

Ride in traffic...prefferably where there is a high chance you will get hit?

I get my adrenaline just about everyday...Today I took off a guys sidemirror with my hip...nice bruise, but I stayed on the bike!
    :mad:
    e

6. Fat Hack

Fat Hack New Member

now ya talkin' :)