Training with adrenalin

Fat Hack

Nov 18, 2003
Many of us have probably noticed that we can push ourselves harder in a race or in a competitive training situation, probably because of all the extra adrenalin pumping through us.

I'm wondering if training with more adrenalin achieves a greater training effect.

keydates said:
Sounds a little risky to me...but I'm not a doctor.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't mean injecting it, I mean naturally occuring adrenalin that seems to be induced during very competitive situtations.

Has anyone ever been cruising along, struggling for motivation, then half a dozen guys blow past you and snob you off? When this happens to me I usually get a huge surge of EVERYTHING (including adrenalin), then I ride my guts out for the next 20 miles, either chasing or dropping these guys -- it's great fun :D

During these situations (and racing), I seem to be able to sustain a slightly higher heart rate.

Ride in traffic...prefferably where there is a high chance you will get hit?

I get my adrenaline just about everyday...Today I took off a guys sidemirror with my hip...nice bruise, but I stayed on the bike!
:mad:
e

ejglows said:
Ride in traffic...prefferably where there is a high chance you will get hit?

I get my adrenaline just about everyday...Today I took off a guys sidemirror with my hip...nice bruise, but I stayed on the bike!
:mad:
e

now ya talkin' :)