Traithlete

rogish

May 18, 2004
what are the more common cause of accidents while road cycling? eg. not able to disengage the paddle in time for those using "clipless system", etc
what are the recommended brand/model of cycling helmets/shades?
which brand offer the widest range of cycling shorts suitable for
Triathletes?
THANKS

I suppose it depends on the area. For example, in non-cycling friendly cities, it may be that you are run down or pushed to a curb by a car. Bad roads, ie dirt or pothole ridden roads may cause you to crash a lot. Typically, inexperience with clipless pedals do lead to crashes. Best to do practices in your backyard, etc before going on the road.
In terms of long-term injuries as a result of cycling, knee problems are among the top, usually a result of poor saddle height and/or overuse.
Giro or Bell helmets are used by many people.

Some of the most common causes of accidents during a triathlon or group ride can be cyclists running into each other. It's a good idea to be verbal - shouting out "stopping" or "slowing" to let others know your intentions.

There are triathlon-specific shorts, which have a pad for cycling, but are also designed to repel water for swimming and be non-chafing for running. One idea is to do a search for Zoot (one manufacturer) or take a look at trisports.com for a variety of options.

Thanks Keydates & Winne for your advices.You are very right I stayed in non cycling friendly city.Small city with heavy traffic.

As triathlon s relatively new in my country (Singapore) tri gear tends be expensive and limited.I ve to order most of my tri gear from internet.In all triathlon s an expensive sport.