transparent bar tape wrap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kwan Seng Low

Recently acquired a red easton carbon road bar. Is there anyone selling transparent bar tape, so
after the wrapping still showing the red color?

Thanks Kwan

kwanseng AT YAHOO . COM

> Recently acquired a red easton carbon road bar. Is there anyone selling transparent bar tape, so
> after the wrapping still showing the red color?
>
> Thanks Kwan

Lots of clear tapes are available, but they wouldn't feel very good on a handlebar. So just hang up
your bike with those beautiful red bars in your living room and admire it once a day.

Or put red tape on the bars.

Ted Bennett

"Kwan Seng Low" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Recently acquired a red easton carbon road bar. Is there anyone selling transparent bar tape, so
> after the wrapping still showing the red color?
>
> Thanks Kwan
>
> kwanseng AT YAHOO . COM
>

Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do they help?

On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 09:52:23 -0500, Frank Knox wrote:

> I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do they help?

Probably not nearly as much as wider, lower pressure tires.

"Steve Palincsar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003 09:52:23 -0500, Frank Knox wrote:
>
>
> > I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do they help?
>
> Probably not nearly as much as wider, lower pressure tires.

"Probably"?

Robin Hubert

"Steve Palincsar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>
> > I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do they help?
>

"Probably"?

Robin Hubert

>
>
>

"Probably"?

Robin Hubert

In article <[email protected]>,
Steve Palincsar <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>
>

Sure. But for someone serious enough to contemplate equipment as baroque as carbon bars, wide tires
are probably out for aerodynamic reasons (it's not a big difference, but for TT riders and some
other racers, small differences make a big difference). If a carbon bar offers noticeable damping,
that's a "free" benefit (free in the sense of not costing performance elsewhere).

I'm not fast enough to care, so I ride 27x1-1/4" tires.

Or were they 27x1-1/8"? Whatever MEC had cheap.
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

jmk-<< Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do they help?

Not in my experience with a steel Nobilette, formerly with Cinelli 64-42, now with kestrel carbon
bars, same ti stem-no difference that I can tell. I got the bars for the shape, not the weight or
the 'ride'.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> jmk-<< Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do
> they help?
>
> Not in my experience with a steel Nobilette, formerly with Cinelli 64-42, now with kestrel carbon
> bars, same ti stem-no difference that I can tell. I got the bars for the shape, not the weight or
> the 'ride'.

I have to agree with Peter here. I have a set of Easton EC-90s and can tell no reduction in hand
nerve irritation (road buzz) between the Eastons and my old Modolo X-Tenos 8 bend bars. I replaced
my very nice steel fork with an Alpha Q Pro fork thinking that might help, again no net benefit
after 100 miles of testing. (I really like the ride of that fork and am glad I got it but my hand
still have problems.)

I just have to move my hands a lot these days. I have tried ergo gloves and use Cinelli Cork- the
best I know and still get nerve buzz.

Back to the original base note: Clear tape. I have a similar question: has anyone seen a dark green
or a black/dark green cork tape? Thanks in advance,

Terry

>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Terry Rudd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > jmk-<< Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars. Do
> > they help?
> >
> > Not in my experience with a steel Nobilette, formerly with Cinelli 64-42, now with kestrel
> > carbon bars, same ti stem-no difference that I can tell. I got the bars for the shape, not the
> > weight or the 'ride'.
>
> I have to agree with Peter here. I have a set of Easton EC-90s and can tell no reduction in hand
> nerve irritation (road buzz) between the Eastons and my old Modolo X-Tenos 8 bend bars. I replaced
> my very nice steel fork with an Alpha Q Pro fork thinking that might help, again no net benefit
> after 100 miles of testing. (I really like the ride of that fork and am glad I got it but my hand
> still have problems.)
>
> I just have to move my hands a lot these days. I have tried ergo gloves and use Cinelli Cork- the
> best I know and still get nerve buzz.
>
Or try wider tires, e.g., 700x25 or even 28. Wider tires = more air volume = more comfort. Plus, you
only need to pump them up to 100-110psi...

> Back to the original base note: Clear tape. I have a similar question: has anyone seen a dark
> green or a black/dark green cork tape? Thanks in advance,
>
The only green tape I've seen are cloth and plastic. Cinelli makes a green cork, but its suppose to
be celeste (and thus, lighter than you seem to want). For more see Sheldon Brown's site here:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/head.html#tape

"bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Terry Rudd <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > > jmk-<< Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars.
Do they
> > > help?
> > >
> > > Not in my experience with a steel Nobilette, formerly with Cinelli
64-42, now
> > > with kestrel carbon bars, same ti stem-no difference that I can tell.
I got the
> > > bars for the shape, not the weight or the 'ride'.
> >
> > I have to agree with Peter here. I have a set of Easton EC-90s and can tell no reduction in hand
> > nerve irritation (road buzz) between the Eastons and my old Modolo X-Tenos 8 bend bars. I
> > replaced my very nice steel fork with an Alpha Q Pro fork thinking that might help, again no net
> > benefit after 100 miles of testing. (I really like the ride of that fork and am glad I got it
> > but my hand still have problems.)
> >
> > I just have to move my hands a lot these days. I have tried ergo gloves and use Cinelli Cork-
> > the best I know and still get nerve buzz.
> >
> Or try wider tires, e.g., 700x25 or even 28. Wider tires = more air volume = more comfort. Plus,
> you only need to pump them up to 100-110psi...
>
> > Back to the original base note: Clear tape. I have a similar question: has anyone seen a dark
> > green or a black/dark green cork tape? Thanks in advance,
> >
> The only green tape I've seen are cloth and plastic. Cinelli makes a green cork, but its suppose
> to be celeste (and thus, lighter than you seem to want). For more see Sheldon Brown's site here:
> http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/head.html#tape

There are indeed green tapes: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/GREENTAP.JPG

if one is so inclined.

--
Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

"A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Terry Rudd <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> > > > jmk-<< Off topic- I'm curious about the road buzz dampening qualities of carbon bars.
> Do they
> > > > help?
> > > >
> > > > Not in my experience with a steel Nobilette, formerly with Cinelli
> 64-42, now
> > > > with kestrel carbon bars, same ti stem-no difference that I can tell.
> I got the
> > > > bars for the shape, not the weight or the 'ride'.
> > >
> > > I have to agree with Peter here. I have a set of Easton EC-90s and can tell no reduction in
> > > hand nerve irritation (road buzz) between the Eastons and my old Modolo X-Tenos 8 bend bars. I
> > > replaced my very nice steel fork with an Alpha Q Pro fork thinking that might help, again no
> > > net benefit after 100 miles of testing. (I really like the ride of that fork and am glad I got
> > > it but my hand still have problems.)
> > >
> > > I just have to move my hands a lot these days. I have tried ergo gloves and use Cinelli Cork-
> > > the best I know and still get nerve buzz.
> > >
> > Or try wider tires, e.g., 700x25 or even 28. Wider tires = more air volume = more comfort. Plus,
> > you only need to pump them up to 100-110psi...
> >
> > > Back to the original base note: Clear tape. I have a similar question: has anyone seen a dark
> > > green or a black/dark green cork tape? Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > The only green tape I've seen are cloth and plastic. Cinelli makes a green cork, but its suppose
> > to be celeste (and thus, lighter than you seem to want). For more see Sheldon Brown's site here:
> > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/head.html#tape
>
> There are indeed green tapes: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/GREENTAP.JPG
>
> if one is so inclined.

There you go, IF you want GREEN tape, order from Andy at www.yellowjersey.org

Status
Not open for further replies.