Transporting a SpeedMachine

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ohmk1, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohmk1

Ohmk1 Guest

Is there a car rack out there that can easily carry an SM? I currently use a THULE trunk rack, but
    the frame tubes of the SM are too fat for proper seating. Any suggestions, and or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. Harv

Harv Guest

Look at the Sportworks hitch mount rack. The bike's tires fit in a couple of hoops and spring loaded
    hooked arms fit over the tires so nothing touches the frame. My V-REX and your SM have the same size
    wheels, so the SW rack could be a good solution for you too.

"ohmk1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Is there a car rack out there that can easily carry an SM? I currently use a THULE trunk rack, but
    > the frame tubes of the SM are too fat for proper seating. Any suggestions, and or recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

3. Jon Meinecke

Jon Meinecke Guest

On 17 Mar 2003 09:48:11 -0800, [email protected] (ohmk1) wrote:

>Is there a car rack out there that can easily carry an SM? I currently use a THULE trunk rack, but
    >the frame tubes of the SM are too fat for proper seating. Any suggestions, and or recommendations?

If you are happy with a trunk-mounted rack, a cheaper (department store) rack may work. These often
    have simpler support arms without an integrated attachment mechanism. My $30 'Pep Boys'
    trunk-mounted model works better for my BikeE and TE than the $130 Yakima trunk-mount model I tried.

On the other hand, the tray-mount receiver hitch or roof rack models from Yakima and Thule work
    very well.

Jon Meinecke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.