Transporting bike on plane

Dambox

Guest
I need to transport my bike by plane. Any recommendations on cases - padded, hardcases ?

Also, typically how much will the bike need to be dismantled ?

Regards David
--------------
David, England

Originally posted by Dambox
I need to transport my bike by plane. Any recommendations on cases - padded, hardcases ?

Also, typically how much will the bike need to be dismantled ?

Regards David
--------------
David, England

If you dont have to change flights lost and rarely fly then you can get by with a soft bike bag. Ive used 1 where all I had to remove was the wheels.
A good quality bike box is far better. dearer, but much better protection. They usually require h'bars, seat and wheels to be removed. Sometimes rear derailer and pedals need to go also. Its not a super stress unless you are on some kind of tour race and have to pack and unpac every day for a week or so!:p

Originally posted by Dambox
I need to transport my bike by plane. Any recommendations on cases - padded, hardcases ?

Also, typically how much will the bike need to be dismantled ?

Regards David
--------------
David, England

Forgot to mention, make sure you get one with wheels.
In the decathlon stores you have over there as some great bike bags. They are semi soft cases, have wheels and fork mounts. If you find them send one over as they wont ship to Australia.

On 28 May 2003 21:00:23 +0950, Kristian <[email protected]> wrote:

>Dambox wrote:
> > I need to transport my bike by plane. Any recommendations on cases - padded, hardcases ? Also,
> > typically how much will the bike need to be dismantled ? Regards David
> > David, England
>

>Forgot to mention, make sure you get one with wheels. In the decathlon stores you have over there
>as some great bike bags. They are semi soft cases, have wheels and fork mounts. If you find them
>send one over as they wont ship to Australia.

Cheers - if you find something specifically you are after let me know and I will try and help in
getting you the bags/
David, England