Transporting bikes using public transport

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Adrian B, May 11, 2003.

  1. Adrian B

    Adrian B Guest

    Hi all

    Anyone here in Adelaide have much success transporting bikes using public(ish) transport? I know
    that Rail services are OK (and even free during off peak) however busses/trams etc don't take bikes.

    Two particular companies referred me to the other saying they had nothing that would be able to help
    (even with three hours notice!?). Ended up speaking with a private transport company which I'm sure
    wasn't the most cost effective choice :)

    Access taxis? Peope mover taxis? Other ideas...?

    I've generally got two passengers and two full sized road bikes. Removal of front wheel is
    no problem.

    Thanks Adrian

    Tags:

  2. Pc

    Pc Guest

    On Mon, 12 May 2003 09:01:07 +0930, "Adrian B" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone here in Adelaide have much success transporting bikes using public(ish) transport? I
    >know that Rail services are OK (and even free during off peak) however busses/trams etc don't
    >take bikes.
    >
    >Two particular companies referred me to the other saying they had nothing that would be able to
    >help (even with three hours notice!?). Ended up speaking with a private transport company which I'm
    >sure wasn't the most cost effective choice :)
    >
    >Access taxis? Peope mover taxis? Other ideas...?
    >
    >I've generally got two passengers and two full sized road bikes. Removal of front wheel is
    >no problem.

    Short of riding the bikes to the station, you'll need to pay for taxis..

    With no Adelaide local experience, I can't really say what you can expect, but it's probably best to
    advise the booking agent that you're carrying bikes and not to send a sedan..

    PC