Transporting your bicycle

Leon

Oct 31, 2002
So the Argus is coming up and I am flying down to Cape Town on Wednesday.

I got myself a nifty bicycle Bag to put my bike in.

What I would like to know is what else I should do to protect the bike and to what extent should I disassemble it. Thus far I have got the wheels and saddle off and have turned the handle bars.

Should I take the pedals and other bits off as well. Any areas that I should be padding ?

Any advise will be welcome.

Leon

You should turn the pedals inward, so that they point into the frame and not outward, and you won't forget them then either. When you turn the handlebars, you should also let the drop so that the levers point towards the ground. By doing this the bar bends will also hook atound the top tube and keep it in place. Other then maybe extra bubble rap, I don't think anything will happen to it in the bag.

Originally posted by Mampara
You should turn the pedals inward, so that they point into the frame and not outward, and you won't forget them then either. When you turn the handlebars, you should also let the drop so that the levers point towards the ground. By doing this the bar bends will also hook atound the top tube and keep it in place. Other then maybe extra bubble rap, I don't think anything will happen to it in the bag.

Marking your handle bar and seat position would also be a good idea (if you move them that is)

cheers!